John Peel has died

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
John Peel the greatest DJ ever has died of a heart attack whilst on holiday in Peru. The only Radio 1 DJ who bought his own records. He was a champion of Punk, Rock and Alternative music.

:worthy: + :cheers: for a great man.

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
sadly it took john peel to die for the radio to start playing decent music

great guy will be missed

Ezteq

Queen of OT
always sad when someone like that dies, he seemed a nice fella, heres to him and my thoughts are with his family.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
A true legend. yes legend is a word used so frequently now for so many peeps who really aint but omg, that guy done so much for music its unreal.

the beatles, the fall, the smiths, the undertones, the specials, joy division/new order... to name but a FEW!.. he played em when others wouldnt.

i doubt we'll ever see his likes again in this world of crappy mass produced shite.. but he will NEVER be forgotten.

rest in peace john, hope u have those Teenage Dreams all over again :)

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
RIP John.

I can see him trying to teach the angels to sing "kicker conspiracy" in true Mark E Smith style :)

JP is prolly the reason that there's still real bands playing real instruments with real talent and a real passion for their music. Let's hope his legacy gives us more of what he - and the bands he championed relentlessly - loved. I don't want the charts full of manufactured mindless trash and nor do alot of us out here :)

PS If you don't own anything by The Fall you bloody well should do! There's about 14 albums out there plus best of plus Radio 1 sessions. Without doubt the best alternative band ever imho. But then if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am. (Had to slip one Morrissey quote in :))

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Damn shame, one of the few people on radio actually worth listening to. R.I.P. Grand Daddy Cool :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
:( that sux heart attack sux ass!!:(, never heard of his music but prolly is good)

(btw Tiësto #1 DJ)

Abommynation

Fledgling Freddie
John Peel wasn't a musician as such but he promoted all the underground bands and alternative music on mainstream radio, most of which would never have been heard by the masses! There isn't a DJ left in england who could possibly compare with him.

/salute! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom