Jk3

R

RSO:Gray

JKA be tasty tbh :) Umm i hear its tasty i mean. cos its not out yet tbh You know what i mean.
Umm i hear siege mode Rox, its kinda like ET for RTCW but not as good lookin.

F

FragFodder

Personnally I wouldn't know....

But the Seige is supposed to be pretty good and well thought out. Does anyone remember the playable demo for RTCW and the D-Day assault? It's something along those lines :)

FF

R

Originally posted by FragFodder1
Personnally I wouldn't know....

But the Seige is supposed to be pretty good and well thought out. Does anyone remember the playable demo for RTCW and the D-Day assault? It's something along those lines :)

FF

along them lines it is, kinda like ET in a way only with Jedis & light sabers.

F

FragFodder

Originally posted by RSO:Gray
along them lines it is, kinda like ET in a way only with Jedis & light sabers.

To be honest I wouldn't be suprised if Weapons played more of a role in this gametype. Last I read there where Jedi's (light or dark depending on team) and 4 other classes.

FF

F

FragFodder

Because Kyle Katarn was originally the lead charater in Dark Forces.... Starwars doom!!! (Well it was awesome at the time). Anyway things went:

Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

So yeah, it could be classed as dark forces 4 :)

FF

D

Damage

ahh But then they should kept the name Dark Forces in Jedi Knight II Jedi Knight :p

It all depends on the storyline/theme of the game, me thinks.
cos what I do know, that Kyle was dark in the games before JK2.

F

FragFodder

No he wasn't, well maybe ish.

Dark Forces referenced Force Enhanced stormtroopers called "Dark Troopers". The DF title was/is probably just a legacy of these and there are romours that you will meet them in JKA on several missions. But Kyle himself didn't know he was force capable until DF2 when he was given Rahn's (I think, cant remember) Saber and becomes a Jedi to track down his Farthers murderer and save the Valley of the Jedi :)

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight featured a similar system to JK:JA in during the course of the game you can chose to be either light or dark and depending on your choice changed the story line. In DF2 the easiest way to turn dark was to use the dark powers and kill civilians (always a laugh) :p

FF

D

Damage

hmmm seems 2 be worth playing just for fun. Lemme see if I know someone who has those games :p

oh and Dark is naughty :p

R

Originally posted by FragFodder1
To be honest I wouldn't be suprised if Weapons played more of a role in this gametype. Last I read there where Jedi's (light or dark depending on team) and 4 other classes.

FF

well not all missions use weapons :)
I know for a fact you have a force only mission with the only weapons beeing Sabers and detpacks

C

CAC

right heres an update guys

jk3:p plays alot better than jk2 did imo and is slightly prettier too

my worst fear for this game is that raven will patch all the good stuff out off it as they did with jk2

lets make a stand now and not install any patches for jk3:clap:

F

FragFodder

Well first thing we need is some decent servers without any smegging guns and if weapons are allowed make damn sure force powers are.

I've been playing alot today and without force against weapons, anyone using their saber (main aim of the game) is simply mowed down. There where knobbers taking first place thinking they where good when infact they could only kill people with the guns. It's really annoying meeting the #1 player face to face when he's only got a Saber then handing him his arse because he's infact usless with it.

Ok rant over, but I hope come Monday when the GSP peeps (Jolt Game BY alike) go back to work and set up some stonking servers for us :)

FF

D

Damage

They only need to fix that lightning bug imo

As for those servers FF, there's a Siege preview server and they are working on the sub only servers.

Shaft and I played on the Siege preview server some days ago, it was pretty fun. And after some time people were joining the server. Siege has alot of action, Sabre/weapons mixed.

Users who are viewing this thread