Jimmy Car angers Gypsies

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
jcarr4.jpg

The BBC has issued an apology after broadcasting a Jimmy Carr joke that offended gypsies on Radio 4.

Speaking on the Saturday morning show, Carr said: ‘The male gypsy moth can smell the female gypsy moth up to seven miles away - and that fact also works if you remove the word “moth'”.’

The Gypsy Council said they were angered but not surprised by the joke.

Secretary Ann Bagehot told The Guardian she had become used to such remarks. "If I had a thin skin, I would be bleeding but what I am curious about is this - what is Jimmy Carr's point? It's not as if it's funny, is it?

‘Does he want people to spit at gypsy women because they smell? Does he want people to look at gypsy women and say 'pooh'? There are certain groups of people that everyone thinks they can make jokes about and you have to shrug your shoulders and move on.’

A BBC spokesman said: ‘This joke should never have been transmitted. We apologise unreservedly for any offence caused.’

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
its come to something when you have to appologise for joking about gypsies :/

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yeah but you know what the BBC are like. They'll apologise to the South American Poison Dart Frog community if a journalist happens to call them "greasy little poisonous blue legged ugly fuckers".

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and a pikey reaction, is quite a fuckin' thing!!!

(I took my callsign from this line :D)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Big deal tbh

That joke is very old, remember hearing it on Channel 4

And I wonder how the gypsies heard the radio show, probably on the radio they knicked from someones house/car

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
They should of just fed her an unwanted baby to shut her up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom