Jersey Girl

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ok its a kevin smith film...and no J&B.

Its still very funny, and has probably the most coherent storyline of any KS film so far.

Probably also the only 12 to contain "coked out whores" and repeat "fucks".

Hats off for another good film :cheers:

leggy

Probably Scottish
I agree, great film. Was a slow starter for me but after
Lopez dies
it's all uphill.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Watched this last night and although I think many of Smith's dick and fart joke fans may think he's gone all soft I think it may turn out to be his bridging picture into classic filmmaking.

Like leslie Neilsen went from serious acting to dodgy comedy acting, I think smith is trying to go the opposite way, albeit not completely though.

I thought the film was great. Sure the guys at work will tell me I like yet another "chick flick" and that it wasn't any where near as good as JASBSB, but then again it wasn't trying to be that film.

Ok, so the storyline was a little predictible but ...
I thought the Will Smith scene was done very well and was funny and touching at the same time. I absoultley pissed myself when he straps his daughter into the road sweeper and she says, "Punch it Chewie"

Well worth seeing.

I'd give it 8 out of 10, losing 2 points for the slighty forumulaic nature of the storyline.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
when the girl said "mine doesn't look like that" i just thought Kevin Smith aint leaving the dick jokes at all

I went with my girlfriend and her sister to see this - they both wanted to see it and so did I. They wanted to see it coz of Ben Affleck - I wanted to see it coz Kevin Smith was the director and i knew nothing bad can come from his directing.

I would give it 9/10 - its teh funneh

"so what are your intentions with my father"
:clap:

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
*waves from Canada*

Guys...is this thread a joke? This was one of the in-flight movies on my trip here and hand on heart I can say this is one of the worst films I've ever seen. *confused*

I wholeheartedly agree about the J-Lo thing though.

I'm ignoring the Kevin Smith connection btw here, I really thought this just STANK. Schmaltzy, sickening, crappy acting, ham fisted and bland direction.

/ends rant, hope you all are well!

/edit: The other film was 50 First Dates...that blew chunks too :(

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I saw it on the way out to Thailand and i quite liked it. Sure it aint no blockbuster but it hits the heart and some of the jokes are bloody funny :p

Never actually seen Affleck perform before now and he's pretty decent. Whats-her-name-elf-with-lips was ok but the star of it all imo was the kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom