Jedi Newbie...

V

vegeta_letajin

Hi all,
I'm new here - and just wondering about a few things.
Currently I'm trying to enter a clan here called the Forsaken Ones (=FO=) so hopefully I'll see you guys in battle sometime soon.
But just to put my mind at ease about some things could people like answer a couple of Qs for me please.

Firstly the Barrysworld Leauge times, are they GMT?
I'd like to know becuase I'm within the UK myself and it is confusing for me to wonder about the time set becuase so many things on the net are in State-Side time and never post which time zone they're in. So you can gather the confusion as they span over 5 zones.
But as Barrysworld is UK - lol perhaps i'm actually running the same time for once ;)

Next what modems is everyone using, Cable - DSL - ADSL - ISDN - 56k? and what pings do you get on the barrysworld servers?
I'm currently running a 56k v92 PCI Hardware Modem, and on the Public servers I tend to get 200-300 ping. Not been playing games online much so I'm not sure if this is good or not, becuase most people seem to have 60-90 when i go up against them .. which I'm aware gives them a good advantage.

Next a few notes about possible things for the Leauge mod - I've read up and I kinda like the Saber Damage Idea, basically setting the Saber up more like the single player - which is great.
But could we also see an increase in Defense for them, like more blockin' which would then mean better skill would be required and weaponry would just be senseless to use in force (^_^)
Makes it more of an actual Jedi Fest than an all out Battle.
It would then take greater skill for the one strike kills, becuase you can setup the blockin' like Oni - where unless its a SuperAttack which can usually be dodged anyways your blockin' unless you're attackin (^_^)
Well just a thought... I'd like to actually see Oni style Combo Combat in JK2 - but as I can't code for crap - lol I doubt I'll ever see it done.

Also on the Barrysworld JK2 Servers the battles are very FFA, and I'm wondering if there are anywhere I can practise using the rules of like Only Saber - No Force Powers that seems to be the general consensis amongst the clans?
I mean I had some nice battles against Nemesis on the public server, but only on the Death Star, becuase all of the other places people with weapons would interfere.

One last thing, do you think you could take away the Dark | Light barrier and make it a sliding scale for it... It's just I dont' like the setup in JK2 for those and thing it should be like Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith - where you can have whatever force powers you like to use. My old favourites we're Grip and Heal - but now I can't use them like that ... Like it if the Mod would bring back the Uber-Jedi. Have a Sliding bar on the amount of the Dark | Light powers you use to determin you're alliegence - but as most teams have a Dark | Light side to them, I don't think there really needs to be a distinghishment within the program.

Well thanks for any responses (^_^)

-< Vegeta LetaJin | Evil Mystic SaiyaJedi >-

F

FragFodder

League is British time

Cable modem 512k

=FO=.... You mean they're actually competing the the BWJK2L... Wow they must have mind tricked me coz i never saw em tonight (not the only clan)

There are Saber only servers filter for Saber Only is GSA (www.gamespyarcade.com if you need a copy)

The League isn't using any kind of MOD since the official release of a v1.04 patch made the Mod redundant.

In an FFA server you can challenge someone to a duel (press k) when in duel mode noone other than your duel partner can harm you.

Cant do anything about the Force sides. You're either a Darky or a Light Jedi. I know about JK1 and MOTS it would be good if JK2 had something similar but unfortionatly it doesn't.

Finally, I know my answers are a little harsh, please dont think I'm taking anything out, or having a go at you. Just been a long day

FF

V

vegeta_letajin

lol... I know.
I was talkin' to Ryuji one of the two Leaders of the =FO= clan and he was unaware that they we're even in the leauge until tonight.
Probably someone in the Clan has enter'd them without letting the actual leaders know.
Though as Ryuji can't use JK2 thanks to a systme error and the other guys havn't been online (leaving only me who is acutally waiting for the sign up challenge to begin) ... probably the best they could hoped for is the 150 against loss.

Sorry about not informing you guys about this, but as everything was only found out like a little while ago - was a bit late to say we won't be comming and why. But Ryuji has email'd from my understanding to either yourself of another on the Council about our situation and wonder how =FO= is in the leauge. Hopefully they'll be answers that explain the mystery ;)

I'm gonna take the liberty and see about the possibility of adding the upgrades I've descriped, ask a friend who know about coding - maybe if we get something workin' you guys can check it out and see.
Still new at using Gamespy Arcade - last version I used was GameSpy 1.2 for Quake Online - lol
The whole online gameing things seems quite different from back then.

Well I hope today wasn't so stressful - perhaps if ya like can go an email the heads of each clan, askin' about whats the haps with them.

Hmm British Time, lol GMT or BST? probably GMT, easier to work from as it doesn't change :D

-< Vegeta LetaJin | Evil Mystic SaiyaJedi >-

S

S3-FluKe

BTW: Thats a pretty average ping for a 56k modem, nothing much you can do about it, its all down to the quality of normal phone lines. Look around on the net and you might find some tweaks to get slightly lower ping, I've seen it for halflife.

So your joining FO, might see you in a couple of weeks then.

I THINK the mod your talking about is the one Zey, one of the admins is developing.
The mod the league were going to use was 1.03a+ which was basically an earlier version of the current patch.

Your welcome to drop into our public server, we play with sabers only and fairly low force powers. You can find it under www.aneworder.tk on the server browser

F

FragFodder

Sorry m8.. I've just reread my reply and I sound like a wanker.... Thats not me at all, I'm just tired :)

Get your clan to drop me an email and we'll get to the bottom of this.

To sign =FO= upto the bwjk2l one of your team admins had to do it. They're the only people with the authority and my email contact for you guys is:

pedrofeiteira@hotmail.com

I hope that helps you find out what happened

BTW all timings are actually taken from BST (British Summer Time) because its easier for us Brits and me to get stuff sorted without having to take into account the time difference.

FragFodder

S

S3-FluKe

Oh right, he's not a FO newbie member hes trying to get them sorted out.
Luckily [SITH] have came through their unorganised patch (erm, well I hope its behind us :))

V

vegeta_letajin

is there something wrong with the colour tags... they don't appear to work :-/

Well anyways - I had my first Trial today against Dark Master Ryuji, best outta 5 - and well I got completely pummel'd.
Didn't know until after the deuls that the server we we're on does alot less damage as standard - so only using the Attack Stance does a lick of damage :(
So that combine'd with the ping difference 60 vs 250 - lol it certainly wasnt an easy challenge.
However, later we'll face off on an unalter'd server - and we'll see who comes out on top.
Although I'm still learning howto cope from going from 0ping (LAN) to 250ping (56k) ... I did perform quite remarkably against some other foes, taking down 2 which we're at 40ping :D
I hope later I come back to note that I finally have a clan home within the Leauge, and hopefully that they'll also be competeing. (^_^) seems to have been a little mixx up between the Admins or Masters of the Clan - The Light Guy didn't tell the Dark Guy about things... so hopefully with better communication (and all luck I beat Ryuji) I hope to be within next tuesdays fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom