I've got email hacked and what is goa/mythic doing..? noth....

Annakarin

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic isnt doing a ****. I have mailed like 5 emails to them and trying to explain what happend, but they never answer me. What shall i do? Serious, i wanna play my char. :(

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Annakarin said:
Mythic isnt doing a ****. I have mailed like 5 emails to them and trying to explain what happened, but they never answer me. What shall i do? Serious, i wanna play my char. :(
Well first you should listen to all the warnings Goa have sent out. Secondly you should accept your loss. Third you should move on.

Do NOT save your account info in your mailbox.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
wild guess but shouldn't it be Right Now'ed?

reading the post I thought he didn't have control over the account anymore - and since rightnow use gamelogin & pass .. that was sort of impossible to do. ;)

Kathal said:
Do NOT save your account info in your mailbox.

doesn't really matter, does it? all they have to do is go on subs-pages, ask for a new password to that email, genererate a new subs pass and they are in total control.

Annakarin

Fledgling Freddie
Emailed them and told them that i will never pay my new account anymore and hope they know that they are losing gamers when they have that kind of service

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Buy a notepad, put it on your desk, put all your details in it.

And if you used Hotmail too, then bonus points for being a plonker.

Annakarin

Fledgling Freddie
dont really know what plonker is but i think its something like "lier" but i have all the cdkeys and stuff so no plonker here :D

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Annakarin said:
dont really know what plonker is but i think its something like "lier" but i have all the cdkeys and stuff so no plonker here :D

All the details, including CD-keys etc is good. However don't have a disrespectfull (sp?) attitude towards them. My guess is these things may take a bit of looking into logs. Also if you do use hotmail I suggest you get something else, and dont forget to change all your passwords. (the hardest passwords to crack using brute force, while still fairly easy to remember are sentences.. say: "Iwenttobedearlyyesterda" or something like that :p )

Also you posted this yesterday - saturday - they probably dont read the email on weekends. See how next week goes and dont flood them with several mails.. one with every little detail regarding the account should do plenty

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Annakarin said:
Mythic isnt doing a ****. I have mailed like 5 emails to them and trying to explain what happend, but they never answer me. What shall i do? Serious, i wanna play my char. :(

You know when you lent your account to your "friend"?

He was lying ;)

Annakarin

Fledgling Freddie
but it have gone like 2 weeks now, have been alot of normal days since that mate :)

They are ignoring me on everything. Before when i asked some stuffs, got answer directly, as it should be imo. But dont know what happend, and this is a very serious problem, and i'm not talking "rude" to them, just saying what i will do and not do, i wont pay my new account anymore because It's useless.

Hope Requiel or someone can say something why they not answer. :twak: :worthy:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i had a few times problems with my accounts passwords..

sending a mail with a list of the chars on the account, and a list of all cd keys used on the char solved the situation very fast for me...

Sending them as much info as possible that proves it is your account and you are not someone who is trying to get hold of someone else`s account seems to be the key...

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
took 1 month to get mine sorted though the account was put on closed until the isue was sorted, then they kindly gave mr 2 free weeks back :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The GMs can't help with this kind of thing as we don't have access to the billing system. However I often get things like this reported to me and I check to see what is going on with the RightNow report. In nearly every instance I find that a reply has been sent asking for additional information. If you've not recieved it, it's likely that you have a filter either on your mail client or at your ISP/mailhost which is blocking emails from us. Our messages are sent from a noreply address which some services will block automatically. Make sure that goa.com is added to your white list of domains and try sending the request again.

Herjulf

Banned
You are yourself to blame, really. That aside.

I reckon this have happened...

You sub pass has changed, thus u cannot get into your account page on the webpage. So, you try to get a new one emailed to you but you wont recieve a email.

muhaha.

Ok so you email subscription@goa.com , the question now is.. what shall GOA do?

Are YOU the paying customer? aka the one paying the bills.. (noone changed that part, nor the one stealing your sub pass did.) then it is quite possible they might be able to help you.

however if another persons CC is charged for example, i am quite shure that nothing OR the account will be shut down. I am not shure but i have heard that is their "unofficial" policy, on suspected account trades. the shutting down part that is.

Sensmoral:

The young man/woman realized that he is quite stupid to save his/her account info on his email. And that he now will have to rely on pure luck to get his account back. he then raises his hand in the air and curses god, for his unfortunate accident. but be at ease, it is all part of his endgame.
Amen.

The speaker of Tongues, the julf - scribe of The Dark Disciples, bearer of sad news.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
You are probably screwed dude - Even if you have the genuine cd key etc it doesnt mean you havent sold/given/traded* the account on and are now trying to claim it back.. If you kept your info on hotmail then unfortunately its only yourself you can blame as they do warn you not to do such a thing...

Granted it still does suck tho and I feel sorry for ya dude! :fluffle:

*delete as applicable/against CoC.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
i was without my account for over a month, had to send cd-keys etc to france, but it got sorted, just takes time

statued

Loyal Freddie
how exactly did it get ''hacked into'' you must have given login/password to some1 or somtin for it to happen so your own fault not GOA's for not replying

moik

Fledgling Freddie
If you got someone's email and password and know he has a DAOC account you can easily change all the info on the account so it belongs to you.

no need to give people instructions - flim

Account is now fully in your control and the previous owner can't do much about it except to whine at GOA.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
that's why subs ask for stuff like original cd keys and the like.

Annakarin

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel, I know that i havent got any mails from you guys because i asked some questions long time ago and got answer. So cant be the ISP thing.
Why cant you email me now and see if it works?

<snip>

Sorry, email taken out for security purposes, check the CoC for the boards, it's to help you mainly by stopping spam bots scouring the boards and adding your email to their list.

IainC

Annakarin said:
Requiel, I know that i havent got any mails from you guys because i asked some questions long time ago and got answer. So cant be the ISP thing.
Why cant you email me now and see if it works?
How long ago was that? MSN/Hotmail tightened up their anti-spam measures about a year ago and as a result a lot of our emails get bounced to those addresses. Also I don't recognise msn.om as a valid domain so you may want to check that your registered email address is correct.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
no need to give people instructions - flim
If it's that easy to get total control over someone's account maybe it's not the customers fault but actually crappy design by GOA, all im trying to say.

IainC

moik said:
If it's that easy to get total control over someone's account maybe it's not the customers fault but actually crappy design by GOA, all im trying to say.
There's a limit to how secure we can realistically make the system. At the moment you are given a subs login which should be impossible to guess and difficult to brute force. There has to be a way in which a legitimate user can easily get a new password sent to them if their old one has become compromised or simply forgotten, this in itself lessens security, but the alternative is to make losing your password equal losing access to your account permanently. As it stands, to get control you not only need to know what the registered email address for an account is, but you also need to have access to that email account. My online banking details are less secure than that.

We repeatedly advise people not to use webmail services for their DAoC account and still they do and episodes like this happen as a result. Nothing we can do or design in our system will prevent people from choosing weak passwords for their webmail account or setting an easy to guess 'secret question' to retrieve it's password.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
There's a limit to how secure we can realistically make the system. At the moment you are given a subs login which should be impossible to guess and difficult to brute force. There has to be a way in which a legitimate user can easily get a new password sent to them if their old one has become compromised or simply forgotten, this in itself lessens security, but the alternative is to make losing your password equal losing access to your account permanently. As it stands, to get control you not only need to know what the registered email address for an account is, but you also need to have access to that email account. My online banking details are less secure than that.

We repeatedly advise people not to use webmail services for their DAoC account and still they do and episodes like this happen as a result. Nothing we can do or design in our system will prevent people from choosing weak passwords for their webmail account or setting an easy to guess 'secret question' to retrieve it's password.

Basically, you snooze, you lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom