Ive finally realised!

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Before i begin, just so you all know...this a QQ /whine at goa/mythic... if your goa/mythic *Fanboi* i suggest you dont read!

after 4 years.......

Ive come to the conclusion.......

DAoC = Bag of shite!

Gfx = Yesteryear mmorpg style (Cata gfx = more of a joke)
ToA = nuff said
Animation = If they can call it that
& Last but not least:
Euro Servers = lol!

& ive been paying £8 p/m for this crap

Played EQ2 for a while... but because of no pvp got boring fast, but everything else in EQ2 pisses all over daoc... Mythic should take note & see how a propper mmorpg is done for the PvE side.

Only reason why i play DAoC is for PvP & nowt else.. PvE is the biggest pile of shit in any online/offline game ive ever played & the thought of spending months just to try another char which i might not even like in L50 rvr is a joke. Alrdy spent since Launch of ToA to get 2 chars sorted wit ToA & they expect me to do it all over again (same thing all over as im caster player! very exciting) for a new char.

Mythic have fucked up DAoC nicely over the years & scewed us over for every penny imo.

Only good thing is ive now realised this \o/

Crap gfx i can live with, Shit animation i can live wit.. but ToA when ya wanna roll a new char & Euro servers are the biggest joke in mmorpg history tbh!

For the casual player, Rolling a new char to be rdy fro RvR = many months & subs later. Yup mythic/goa you money grabbing coksuckers! (always wanted to call em that tbh :D )

Will hang on see what cluster is like, But if that fails (like everything else mythic/goa do, im sure it will) Gunna try US Classic & then DnL when its released ^^

Best thing is.....
They are *waiting* to see how US does on classic as releasing a classic on euro will kill other servers.

Let me rephase that:

They want to milk us for every penny as long as they can with ToA & not until euro servers become near enough empty will they then release a classic & yup imo 100% they will release a classic before euro DAoC finally closes its doors, to milk us that little bit more.

...Has it crossed there mind that already ALOT of euro players have already left Euro for US classic?

Has it crossed there mind that the longer they leave it the more that euro players will leave for US classic?

4k+ players on US classic atm split between 3 servers & its only 6pm in US atm, not even prime time! ...aye US classic aint working :p

I bet Euro crew are /pondering at US crew with all them nice subs they're getting from customers who are playing US & enjoying it ^^

Well... thats my QQ over!

& soon will be 1 more thats seen the light...
Keep up the good work ....you doing a great job :D

Euro DAoC crew - Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery ...aye its old..but describes them perfectly tbh :)

mirieth!

Banned
the wajn is strong in this one. why not just leave and save yourself the time of posting all that? :rolleyes:

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
I was bored & wanted to try this new "Speech 2 Text" proggy :D

j/k :p

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:
They want to milk us for every penny as long as they can with ToA & not until euro servers become near enough empty will they then release a classic & yup imo 100% they will release a classic before euro DAoC finally closes its doors, to milk us that little bit more.

...Has it crossed there mind that already ALOT of euro players have already left Euro for US classic?

Has it crossed there mind that the longer they leave it the more that euro players will leave for US classic?

4k+ players on US classic atm split between 3 servers & its only 6pm in US atm, not even prime time! ...aye US classic aint working :p

I bet Euro crew are /pondering at US crew with all them nice subs they're getting from customers who are playing US & enjoying it ^^
  • EU servers are several patches behind the patch they need for launching a classic server anyway.
  • 6PM where in US? and that is very close to prime time imho.
  • You say, many people left for US classic servers, it means, the same people don't need classic servers in EU. Do we have enough remaining people for them?
  • Not a few people came back from classic servers. Why?
  • We remember the intial popularity of PVP servers, and while people said classic servers are very different because people already know how they work, but this doesn't explain why they lose population at an alarming rate.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
blimey bop, steady on there old bean youll give your self a connery......corro....coron......... corrana; heart attack tbh.

this is why i left when i heard there was yet again another new and sparkley expansion coming out the allmighty TOA, i just didnt want to know, i really enjoyed playing before it got so damn hard it was like going to work in my free time might give classic servers a try when they pop in euro dunno though. Does anyone know can you still use the origional discs or do you have to buy special "classic" ones? if so then i wont be coming back lol.

Velimos McDuff

Fledgling Freddie
Think, don't quote me on this i may be wrong..

You won't need new discs so on for the clasics if and when they come to EU servers, but you will need Catacombs if you want the new FX engine so on..

oh yeh and uh.. to go back on topic.. i do agree kind of.. But all its falts make daoc like a qute ugly L'il puppy with one ear all chewed up and a horible nasty looking tail and pointy horible teath and all its fur falling off... its so ugly and horible you can't help but wuv it..

*skips off and starts to play fetch with daoc and bashes a ugly puppy with a with a shild and sword*

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting Read..

Hmmm.....

I think there's a lot of issues in your post people will feel sympathy for. And some they don't (but then that's usual!).

I think daoc itself as a game is fantastic. It's vast and (usually) hangs together pretty well. I don't have an issue with being charged for it, because
a) It's only fair after doing the work they get some profit and
b) I used to spend more than £8 a month anyway on games. I don't buy new games any more, I'm such an addict.

However...

I think ToA was just a money grabbing exercise. It was basically designed so that you had to spend as much time online as possible. Get to ML10, Get your arties, get your scrolls, level your arties, lol it's just a blatant time sink/money grab. It's probably fine if you are a hardcore player, able to log in all day and half the night, but 'casual' players like me, well even a ML raid is often too long for me to commit to, what with kids and stuff.

Catacombs on the other hand is great. Nice quests, better graphics easier levelling. SI was good too, plus housing. In fact all the expansions seem to be pretty decent apart from ToA. I think GoA/Mythic have realised this, setting up 'classic' servers. It's a bit of an admission that something has gone wrong with an expansion that there is an appetite for going back to before it!

Daoc is a poor game for the new player though. There's no real xp groups any more. Areas which used to teem with xp'ers when I started are deserted now. That's down to powerlevelling in the main. Stop powerlevelling - then people would group again. Otherwise you just get hermits sitting somewhere with their Necro & alt. Even the xp groups in POC or AC seem to be '4 mains, 4 leeches'. Sheesh. People seem to have forgotten that the journey to 50 is part of the game, they just want to be 50 straight off. Well, I suppose people will do that if the game allows them.

EQ2 was a bit too childish for me. WoW I just tried and seems very nice, but then I like PvE. I may get bored with it, but not yet. But at least with WoW as a new player I'm having fun and can find a group. Unlike Daoc at the moment.

But the biggest gripe I have with daoc was the recent fiasco with Prydwen. I just don't understand how it got to this situation. All I know is there seems to be a lot of headless chicken stuff going on in the techie side.

I've been in IT nearly 20 years and there are 2 kinds of people in IT (yeah I know there's more, but work with me on this) -

1. Those who back up
2. Those who wished they had backed up

Now I don't know all the ins and outs of what happened but the fact is, instead of being able to restore to the last known good point, GoA have deleted their customers goods, told them they can't all be replaced and would the customers (if they want compensation) take their own time and effort to itemise all the stuff which got deleted and wait (however long) to maybe get some back.

Excuse me, but I don't recall any of these paying customers asking for their stuff to be deleted. I don't recall paying customers screwing up the game code. Or not keeping decent backups. It's up to GoA/Mythic to fix this. Poor customer service to be honest.

But then what does it matter about Prydwen right? I mean it's only a small population. Even if 20% tore up their subs, it's still not a numerically high number compared to the total daoc population. So they can go; any revenue won't be that much down.

Anyway, the players are being generously compensated. However, I filed my Rightnow on Moday; It's Friday and still no reply. If it was my main I'd be pretty angry, especially since the extra bonus period is still ticking away.

Gah sorry, I need to stop now. Didn't want this to be a rant and I don't normally. Just all came out, the frustration. And the reason is I love the game so much. Sad to see this sort of stuff happen, especially when it didn't need to.

I'm going to try and chill out now.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
what really sucks in daoc is the lack of ambience and depth, its such a joke that mythic didnt put more work into it :<

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Bop, it seems to me that you got screwed in some way since you stuck to this game for 4 years. It looks like you're just looking for an excuse to leave this game after such a long time. The addiction grabbed you by the balls from the beginning and now it seems like some kind of panic is building up inside, imho ofc.

just quit and don't look back instead. much easier done that way then this cup of tea.

BYE!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I do have a lot of respect for Bop's views. Anyone who is a casual player - who pays the same as those who play 24/7 and therefore who is worth the same amount in monetary terms as those fanatics, has been completely fucked over by ToA.

Whichever sad pack of idiots who thought this up failed to realise that maybe we played the game for other reasons. Maybe we did not really enjoy camping our way to 50 and that maybe the real weakness in the game was that it was totally overdependent on camping and not enough well thought through questing? Why in hells name did they think that a simple camping rule for scrolls was the way to do artifacts? Why did they think that their community would enjoy standing around with characters camped in one location waiting for a blue moon to pop? What sort of asshole would think that this sort of activity belonged in a game?

Why?

Some people think it was a masterstroke. That is not more than the first signs of mental illness. Go to AA or DA anonymous and start getting treated right away if you do. It simply does not hold in the face of the evidence.

What happened is that they made a massive mistake. They constructed the average DaoC player as some kind of camping fanatic and then decided that they would like those camping fanatics to continue doing what they do best. The construction does not hold. Equally some ronamtic cummunity treehugging idiot said lets get missions together called master levels where the whole 'community' can get together and enjoy exploring the massive multiplayer quests.

Such an over romantic view of the community. Most Master levels are tedious in the extreme and most descend into an individualised feeding frenzy on lottos at the end.

In the words of Renton "Its a shite state of affairs and all the fresh (read DaoC) air in the world will not make any fucking difference!"

- guess who is waiting for Eramai to pop? (bastard mob)

Sharkith

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
I'm afraid its an old whine about a very old subject. We all know the good and bad points of the game and thats it, done. I've been playing this game since just after the beta and I still dont know why I've hung around. Many people have not but then its always boils down to who you are :eek:

Now...to go ask about my nekkid buffbot that had all rog gear but decent rogs for pre 50, wonder how the fuck can tell what I had last time I played was two months ago :p

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
You can't leave now Bop :eek: As you may have noticed by killing me lots is I moved from hib to mid :p So I keep seeing all you old hib friends around, t'is nice and I see you more than any other so :p

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Zegas said:
You can't leave now Bop :eek: As you may have noticed by killing me lots is I moved from hib to mid :p So I keep seeing all you old hib friends around, t'is nice and I see you more than any other so :p

ahh!

so it was you! :D

Seen your name & thought "nahh can't be!" as im sure you noticed though ive parked my gimp chanter to the side & im playing light ment atm, mainly for fixed GG that runs part-time, but now & then i will solo wit the gimp, but as my guild know... im constantly QQ'n about speed in /gu! :p ...hate a char solo in rvr wit no speed tbh! :(

Anywayz back on topic abut my "wtfQQ'n" :p

Aye was sooner or later before i did it, just pissed tbh the way GoA/Mythic treat its customers.. although ive been one of the lucky ones being in fixed rvr groups so we helped e/other getting the harder arti's/scrolls etc... for most its been a struggle especially casual players & its annoyed me watching friends that ive known in-game for so long leave simply cuz of ToA.

My views will never change on Mythic/GoA... bunch of wankers. But me being the soft **** i am will continue to play until summit else finally pops up that will give better rvr/pve ....such as DnL! :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol staying with daoc is like peeing in the bath, tbh you know you shouldnt but you just cba to get out!

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
lol staying with daoc is like peeing in the bath, tbh you know you shouldnt but you just cba to get out!

uhmm..no not really :touch:

elkira

Fledgling Freddie
may i stick my bit in ?.please..
i assume that people do know that TOA was never made to be
part of the DAOC universe ,it was made as a seperate online game ,the realms were to be roman greek and egyptian .
but due to no interest being genereated in it during polls, they tacked it onto the exsiting online game they had going ..ie DAOC
so a classic server will be more like what the game would have been if they
had released TOA ,and had released it as a seperate game and had not tacked it on to DAOC.
i for one will be interested in seeing what differences it will be bring to the game

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:
ahh!

so it was you! :D

Seen your name & thought "nahh can't be!" as im sure you noticed though ive parked my gimp chanter to the side & im playing light ment atm, mainly for fixed GG that runs part-time, but now & then i will solo wit the gimp, but as my guild know... im constantly QQ'n about speed in /gu! :p ...hate a char solo in rvr wit no speed tbh! :(

Yes it was me :p I moved here couple of weeks ago, nearly month maybe but I am not rr12 yet so it's going slow ^_^ Seems is alot of light ments about now, compared to what they used to be anyways - they hurt, especially with my measly resists :/

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Um, the creators of Everquest 2 has way more experience than Mythic Entertainment..

I doubt Mythic even existed when Everquest was released.

Everquest 2 with a PvP system similar to DAoC would be so fucking awsome. It's the PvP system that has keept DAoC floating this long. Only thing I regret is starting on US servers. EU is a joke because the servers are run by incompetent french rats.

Send the rats back to the sewers. Boycott!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
shoulda done what i done when prydwen blew up/excal was awaiting cluster..

played Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst.. stunning game.. and its all leading to what is looking like a stunning sequel.. Phantasy Star Universe.. give a nice break from daoc :)

tried wow.. shite.. tried eq2.. words cannot describe the hate i have for this shoddily put together game. ok, i started fairly soon on US servers.. but it was nothing short of a joke. back then.. no pvp, no soloing past lvl 19, no idea what the hell u crafting, MASSIVE LAG! and i mean RELIC RAID pre-NF style lag.. while walking around town..

ok, i understand its got better now.. but im scarred.. will NEVER go back to that piece of shit again.

if u wanna break from the tedious stuff in DaoC, try www.psobb.com.. free download.. cheap to play.. see if u like it.. if u do, testing will be up soonish for PSU.. and omg.. does that look good :) not your normal mmorpg yeah.. but looks great all the same. and Team Sonic are learning all the time with server issues coz of PSOBB. by time PSU comes around.. should be smoooooth..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom