Its Patch Day!

S

SFXman

Friday? I am quite sure that patching will go smoothly, they have done it already on Gorre :p

I

inqy

realistically, I'm very glad I'm not able to play tomorrow as this could save me a lot of hassle.

S

SilverHood

pretty typical.... wedensday is my day off

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Makes me wonder, though... servers down from 8 am until 4pm (if everything goes smooth for that;)).

Why can't they patch during the night? Don't even consider this a flame... just wondering...

Yours,

Troll

Patch me :flame:

O

old.Faye Arwen

Cant wait until I get home so I can try the battleground out with my thane (25-30 bg) Hope to see your alts there :)

D

DocWolfe

I'm sure they dont patch in the night coz they want to sleep then, and any additional support they may need will cost them a tonne and be hard to get hold of... I know which bg I'll be going into at lvl 35 ;p

S

Smartypants

Eh, it says on the DAOC euro site that we can still download the patch, even if the servers are down. Well, I haven't managed to do that... Anyone else?

O

old.Hendrick

Maybe because they started to get the patch up "right now"?

S

Smartypants

Damn right you are! Now I could download it! :)
OK, so now just wait for 6 or 7 (or 8 or 9 or 10 or...) hours...

S

SFXman

Oh, you can download it? Superb.

EDIT: Only 2.x megs... 60kb/s didn't take that long, glad I downloaded it even this early in teh morning.

S

SFXman

Anyone know why it said some Test Server Gorre stuff after I downloaded the patch? I haven't even done the special stuff it said in that Gorre FAQ, just thought I'd get the patch...
this normal?!

S

Smartypants

It's normal... :) It only means that they haven't bothered to change the messages they had, when running it on Gorre...

F

Flimgoblin

Cool someone to fight in Murdaigen, hope to see you there Faye :)

I

inqy

well I just created a kobbie viking on it for a laff :)

Z

Zagantia

I downloaded the patch over the weekend so I could play on Gorre test server.

Anyone seen any instructions on what users who have already downloaded the patch need to do to configure for the live servers instead of the test server?

Is there a new update.dat file or do you just amend the one in your patched set of programs in the mythic2 directory?

Also, if there were changes following testing, how do you ensure that your files are the latest?

I

inqy

well I'm at work atm and I downloaded the patch in less than a half a minute (2mb line though :D ). But I would say re-download it with your live DAOC folder this time. Less hassle and the patch servers seem fairly wizzy atm.

I guess if you want to use the 1.48 folder you already have I'd say chuck your 1.45 update.dat file into the 1.48 folder and then run DAOC from the 1.48 folder. As for changes, there is tickbox which does a file by file comparison. Tick that.

S

SFXman

Took me somewhere around that... or less... got it at 60kb/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom