It's even harder now

O

old.Fatbloke

Yup - getting onto the BW servers that is
smile.gif

Did I miss the reason why BW1 & BW2 TFC servers have been reduced to 12 players? Who's gained from the extra space?

BTW Darkness with 6 a side sucks.
frown.gif

Cheers!

[A&I]Fatbloke

O

old.[EQX]Kain

I know, and I agree. Even NML2 is a bit dead with 12 people on it.
As for getting onto the servers themselves....GRRrrrrrrrrr®

O

old.xMerkaba

Yea I'm a bit unsure about this one too...its often been said that BW servers are the most popular and always full, and even that some dumb people spend ages downloading the maps on the 2nd server taking up valuable game spaces... so BW's responce to this is to reduce the number of players??? Do they actually READ our messages?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes we DO READ EVERY message on this board.

We reduced the client count due to the server maxing out in an attempt to make it better for YOU not us.

As this does not seem to work we are most probably going to remove the HL DM server so you TFC'ers get all the box.

DBs

O

old.Fatbloke

2 TFC servers of 8-a-side eh?

Mmmmm nice.

[A&I]Fatbloke

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Yes 8 a side is a good figure for RUN, DOMINATION, SPACEDOUT, BETRAYED, NML2, NML, DARKNESS, FORTSAKEN, TOTALWAR.

Look forward to being able to get onto BW TFC servers within 10 minutes instead of 15-20
smile.gif

------------------
:) .... ;) .... :) .... ;) .... :) .... ;) .... :)
I am not in a clan, I'd like to be. Please make your offers known to me by ICQ, ta ... :)

O

old.xMerkaba

Sorry DBs...I didnt mean to sound hostile but..arghh!

O

old.Whizzo

I agree with everyone else, it's getting rather tricky to get on BW2 at times (especially Sunday nights which seems to get a good crowd of regulars.)

When you're trying to get on using Gamespy it tells you there's space but when you try to connect it says it's full, obviously some are getting the map, so is there any way in preventing the server downloading maps? If so it should be implemented, server downloads take forever and in the case of Totalwar don't work properly anyway!

Oh and I do practice what I preach, last Sunday NML2 was the next map in rotation, so I dropped, downloaded and spent ages trying to reconnect as some wally was downloading the map! Arrrrghhh!
frown.gif

O

old.C4

Yeah, i agree, ppl who download the maos take up valuable spaces and if it can be disabled then it should.

C4

O

old.Whizzo

Good going BW guys! Having the 14 player limit back is much appreciated by me and everyone else that was on BW2 tonight!
smile.gif

Now could you stop map downloads please....
wink.gif

O

old.[SOF]Venom

Well, it seems like your moaning paid off, and you spoilt it for us real halflife players.

Cheers.

Well, I personaly think that TFC is the biggest pile of overhyped tosh ever to be programmed, and I wish it back to the hole from whence it came!

The sacrifice of the dm server has destroyed a fun-loving community that was begining to realy bloom, I was a part of that community, now I can no longer find the friends I made...

I know I am not the only one who is/will be unhappy with this decision.

O

old.Fatbloke

Now that the HL DM server has gone - will we be getting the two extra places on each TFC server?
Originally 14x2 on TFC + 8 on HLDM = 36 players ?
Now 14x2 on TFC = 28 players ?
Sounds like each TFC server could handle a couple more player slots.

Pretty please!

Oh BTW, whilst we seem to be having trouble with Betrayed, what about a 4 team map? I've been looking at bozz_4f (http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=206&sort=filename&order=asc&page=2&file=21727) which requires 4 teams. It looks good.
As it happends, you also need 16 players on a server for 4 a side games.
wink.gif

Another incentive.
smile.gif

Cheers

[A&I]Fatbloke
www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

nooooooo.....the lil msg icons changed, put em back!!!!

btw, don't u *dare* remove darkness, its a mediocre map, and its by far the prettiest map i've seen to date, make it stay!!!

------------------
[A&I]StrafeBunny{TiTs}
(10)Player

O

old.[EQX]Kain

Cool, new icons look nice!
Err, yeah, uhm, Darkness rules! Dont get rid of it, its a pretty map, and uhm, turns into a Concussion jumping race, but nontheless its still good.

-------------------
[EQX]Kain aka (1)Player

[This message has been edited by [EQX]Kain (edited 18 September 1999).]

O

old.xMerkaba

BRING BACK THE HL DM SERVER *NOW*!!

TFC is good but I get bored with it every now and again, and I love playing on Undertow BRING IT BACK! LISTEN TO ME! DO AS I SAY! pwease?

Merkaba
PS
digital warfare has now officially split up.
Open to clans! But I'm hoping to join either VVV or s8n so
redface.gif
P lol

O

old.xMerkaba

I bet BW admin must be thinking that they'll never be able to get things right
smile.gif
In fact they're probably finding out where we live right now...
"We hear you're not happy with Barrys decisions.." says the big guy with a club in his hand

er...right lol

O

old.[SLH]Kamikaze

Well they'll never get the setup to suit everyone. However wasn't the DM server usually pretty empty? Anyway go easy on them it's not like they're making a ton of money from this!

DW split? not another clan
frown.gif

------------------
Satan's Little Helpers
Kamikaze

kamikaze@btinternet.com

O

old.[SOF]Venom

no the dm server wasn't always empty, in fact it was probably the hardest server to get on, on the net.

BRING IT BACK!
BRING IT BACK!
BRING IT BACK!
etc........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom