It's difficult to defend Croydon in the face of such damning evidence...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Croydon
Date: Friday, July 02 @ 13:59:37 BST
Topic: ChavTowns (non-geographic)

Ahh, Croydon – king of all chav towns, famous for finishing in the Top 10 of the Crap Towns and being the only town to feel “robbed” by their finish… A place famous throughout the UK for being a scum hole and got beaten by somewhere like Telford in it’s bid to become a shitty, erm.. sorry a city.. Chavs come from far and wide to worship at the pikey temple that is the Whitgift Shopping Centre, a place that has more McDonalds, KFC’s and Burger Kings than any other place on the planet – many a chav family can be seen having their Sunday lunch in one of these fine eateries. A massive TKMax is handily situated close to these food outlets so one can combine the eating and fake burberry shopping without walking too far and therefore reducing the chances of being spotted by the DSS and getting their fraudulent disability claims pulled. Lots of sport shops for the classic nike trackie bottoms and reebok classics combo, and many “up-market” clothes shops such as Budwals where you can buy Hackett, Nicholson and Lacoste gear at “wicked” prices.
However, night-time is when Croydon really comes into it’s own. The younger chavs are usually on their way home due to their curfew/electronic tags/time to feed the baby and this is when the older chavs (i.e: 15-20 yr olds) decide to descend on the Croydon “strip”. Yes, like Veronica’s in Tenerife, Croydon has a long road full of classy establishments such as the Goose on the Market (which not only has chavs flocking there in number for the cheap drinks but also has the scum bags from Surrey Street Market lowering the tone) and McKluskeys, a place so chavvie that a bouncer was recently gunned down in a “drive-by”. Reports that the shooter was in a souped-up Fiesta are unconfirmed…. You do have the more up-market bars such as Yates, Edwards and Tiger Tiger but these are inaccessible for most chavs due to their over 21’s/only older scumbags policy. Last but not least there is the infamous Blue Orchid nightclub which has people from as far and wide as Bromley, Streatham, Sutton & Essex (!) queuing up to get in and rophy’ed up.
Throw in the “Rude Boy/Gangsta” element that also plagues this delightful place and you really do have the Chav Town! Luckily, I managed to escape 2 years ago but I still travel back every so often just to get a bit of “reality”. If anyone wants to see chavs in their natural environment and run the risk of getting mugged, stabbed, raped, glassed, shot or just plain “dissed” then come down to Croydon, it’s even got Chav trams which are free to chavs until they get caught by the ‘gadgets’ (inspectors)! Enjoy! For more proof check out a fellow Croydonians website: http://members.aol.com/slunksoma/front.html
http://members.aol.com/slunksoma/front.html

Heh. Blue Orchid got closed down the other month, the end of an era, or cause for huge celebration. I would hardly call Yates or Edwards upper class though, just as bad as every other place in Croydon. Damn him for mentioning Budwals - I shop there :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
upperclass with respect to somewhere like the goose I suspect

Clown

Part of the furniture
Fuck off. The era ended when the closed down Water Palace :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Croydon is so shit it makes Crawley look like a desirable place to live, and that takes some doing, believe me ...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
My mate went to Ikon in Crawley the other night, described it as a mix between the Blue Orchid, Atlantis (the sister club of the Orchid that was built where WAter Palace used to be) and The works in Kingston.

Last time i went to the goose it was full of underage drinkers, hardly chavs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom