It's coming...

S

Summo

Rockstar Games have launched their official GTA3 for PC mini-site complete with screenshots an' everything. Screenies look a bit... weird, imo. Dunno. Maybe a bit too crisp, though we'll have to wait and see.

As well as 'state-of-the-art visuals' and 'enhanced 3D audio', Rockstar are touting the in-built texture editor allowing you to scan in photos of your friends and then run them down. Smart. I know there's a few mods already in development, too. In your face, PlayStation.

Due for release on 21 May, no doubt our friends over at Game are accepting pre-orders, and far be it for me to advertise another company here, but if you Play your cards right you can pick it up for only £18.99.

C

caLLous

Ooooooooh! :D

That was a clever Play on words. :)

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by SomeGuy

As well as 'state-of-the-art visuals' and 'enhanced 3D audio', Rockstar are touting the in-built texture editor allowing you to scan in photos of your friends and then run them down. Smart. I know there's a few mods already in development, too. In your face, PlayStation.

I, as an avid console gh4m3r, must defend the console cause. The fact that this comes out months after the PS2 original invalidates any in your face remarks and as such you can take them back, turn them sideways, and return home. Plus the fact that you actually liked it, means you should not be allowed to take the piss out of any "inferior" versions.

/me slaps summo:eek:

M

Moving Target

I'm not paying £30 quid for the same game except that it's a bit crisper.

M

Munkey-

Originally posted by Moving Target

that could soooooooooooo be taken the wrong way

H

Hashmonster

is there gonna be the online multiplayer mode we were hoping for?

S

Summo

No. Definitely not. I read an interview in which one of the top brass said they had developed a working multi-player aspect of GTA3 but that it didn't 'feel right'. He said they had six months to get the PC version looking and feeling like a good PC game rather than a, and I quote, "lame console port".

They decided the multi-player side wasn't working and so ditched it in favour of making the single-player better.

M

Moving Target

Heh. The controls won't suit a PC keyboard and mouse imo.

H

Hashmonster

Heh. The controls won't suit a PC keyboard and mouse imo.

not so sure about that - gta 1 and 2 bother work fine imo

shame about the multiplayer tho, grrr - i would love that

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Hashmonster
not so sure about that - gta 1 and 2 bother work fine imo

GTA1 and 2 are totally different though, they are birds eye view, so you only control your character on the X and Y axis, while GTA3 is 3-dimensional.

S

Summo

IT IS?!

Personally I could never get the hang of shooting people with the PS2 pad. Aiming was always a tap-tap-tap, oops, tap-tap affair. I'm looking forward to driving with my MS Force Feedback Wheel (gathering dust since Midtown Madness) and aiming with a good, solid mouse.

P

PR.

MS Force Feedback Wheel (gathering dust since Midtown Madness) and aiming with a good, solid mouse.

Oooh whats the wheel like, are the pedals ok?

I heard it didn't have much of a turning circle. :)

C

caLLous

I can't play Midtown Madness, I installed it yesterday and the sky textures are all fubar. Maybe I need to turn something on or off somewhere in the config. :(

S

Summo

Are you running XP, Callous? There's a compatibility update which addresses this issue in MM.

If not then do you have the latest drivers for your blah blah blah...

C

*charlton_thd*

21st May = GTA3 release date and MY BIRTHDAY.....
woo!! could that BE any better?

C

caLLous

Are you running XP, Callous? There's a compatibility update which addresses this issue in MM.

If not then do you have the latest drivers for your blah blah blah...
I used to have a Voodoo 3 3000 (in 98) and it worked perfectly on that, then I went up to a Geforce 2 GTS (in 98, 2k and XP), and the problem appeared then. Now I have a Geforce 4 Ti4600 (XP) and it's still happening. I have the Detonator 28.32's for my blah blah blah, I'll have a looky for this compatibility update you speak of. If it works... you'll get a really big cookie and maybe some wub, because I miss this game. :(

Originally posted by CharltonTHD mk2
21st May = GTA3 release date and MY BIRTHDAY.....
woo!! could that BE any better?
Yes, of course it could. If it fell a day earlier on my birthday, that would be considerably better. :p

H

Hashmonster

GTA1 and 2 are totally different though, they are birds eye view, so you only control your character on the X and Y axis, while GTA3 is 3-dimensional.

i know true - i do own all 3 :p

quite funky, recently i start playing from top down view in GTA3 and it's well weird, plays like a totally different game.

S

Summo

Callous - the update can be easily found through the Windows Update link.

PR - Just noticed your post. I can't fault the MS Wheel. Never had any issues with the turning circle, and it performs better than my brother's Logitech thingy.

Hash - I wub j00.

C

caLLous

Yup, got it, thanks Summo. I uninstalled Midtown Madness in a fit of rage about 2 minutes after installing/playing it, so I'm reinstalling at the moment. :)

/Edit.
Welcome to Microsoft Midtown Madness! Chicago Edition!
Was there any other edition of the first one?

O

old.PCG79

Originally posted by caLLous
Yes, of course it could. If it fell a day earlier on my birthday, that would be considerably better. :p

Yeah but if it fell 2 days earlier on my birthday that would be even better..

S

Skyler

games cost money ? :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom