Items vanishing from guild house - connected to server bug ?

dapprman

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone else found items in their own/guild houses suddenly vanishing ?

I should point out, I don't mean entering a house and finding things gone, I mean literally items vanishing in front of them.

As only our vaults had initially gone I thought Thief ! as you are all thinking, however when I replaced the first one I found it had it's old contents in it. I replaced the other ones still thinking we had been robbed, then they vanished right in front of me.

As I went around the house other items started to dissapear including our CM outside, though it was only items that require hookpoints.

I took our one remaining merchant and started placing it on other hookpoints with no problem so it's not a graphics bug.

Any one else found the same thing happening or is it a nasty bug unrealted to the present problems ? (I have asked in right now, and updated as new things vanished).

I should add - before I replaced the vaults I set permissions so only I could remove items.

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Guildy lost his mansion, all merchants, 10p of furniture and one of every trophy mob ingame bar xanicar (3 x dragon head and phoenix feather which cost him 56p) on friday night

so count yourself lucky

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:
Guildy lost his mansion, all merchants, 10p of furniture and one of every trophy mob ingame bar xanicar (3 x dragon head and phoenix feather which cost him 56p) on friday night

so count yourself lucky

OUCH

That is a reason why GOA need to get this thing sorted out quick. If they don't give people/guilds back there stuff that they have lost since this bug they are going to have a very large part of the DAoC community breathing down there neck.

I'm grateful there not going to rollback because i've gained 8 levels since this problem happened, but I hope those people/guilds that have lost things get them back ASAP.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:

so count yourself lucky

Now you got me scared :x

dapprman

Fledgling Freddie
Now that makes ours pale in to insignificance.

To be very honest I do hope GOA roll back the game to before teh first server crash. If they do this I too lose gained levels (2 on one alt and 1 on another), but who knows what else has gone missing.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
dapprman said:
Now that makes ours pale in to insignificance.

To be very honest I do hope GOA roll back the game to before teh first server crash. If they do this I too lose gained levels (2 on one alt and 1 on another), but who knows what else has gone missing.
Server rollback should be the absolute last resort to use. You do realize that people might have gotten more than measly experience during that time, right?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i dinged lgm (now 1075) from around 900 over the last few days, also making a few MPs, they better not roll back the server :(

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
A server rollback is most definately a last resort solution for us. Things like houses missing etc can all be fixed without requiring a server rollback... just rightnow it with as much info as possible. You may not get a reply quickly but your messages are not being ignored - just fixing the bug is the current no1 priority.

farewell

Fledgling Freddie
I will cry if there is a rollback , since friday i have got my sc from 790-829 and sced my shamans armor with a risky 5.5 o/c on 2 parts of it. :(

dapprman

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
A server rollback is most definately a last resort solution for us. Things like houses missing etc can all be fixed without requiring a server rollback... just rightnow it with as much info as possible. You may not get a reply quickly but your messages are not being ignored - just fixing the bug is the current no1 priority.
I agree that rollback should be last resort. I do forget that admins will be able to give money and items to replace that which was lost (considering I ran a MUD for about 18 months an aeon ago I should remember).

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
ppl crying about rollback cause they will lose 100 points on craft or 1-2 items etc etc.
Well stop thinking yourselfs and think that some ppl lost ALL their items/money and most of all their interest in playing daoc since their accounts got stripped and are unsafe .
After considering this rethink about rollback ....
ps i did not lose anything and i want server rollback

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
farewell said:
I will cry if there is a rollback , since friday i have got my sc from 790-829 and sced my shamans armor with a risky 5.5 o/c on 2 parts of it. :(
5,5oc is never risky tho ;)

strange this bugg is fucking up houses tho :<

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
judas said:
5,5oc is never risky tho ;)

strange this bugg is fucking up houses tho :<
It is if you only have 829 skill, like the guy said he has :kissit:

living

Fledgling Freddie
a rollback would make me cry, spent a long time building up my char and would feel like i wasted my time XPing arti just to do it again :(

Better to fix the problem if poss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom