item effectiveness in thid

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
can any1 tell me when items become "to power full to use" either player made or droped. i am talking about a thid toon lvl 24 sum1 said they thought lvl 30 was all u could use but b 4 i make myself sum armour for me scout i wanted to know if this is correct :)

and im talking about the stats:) not just wearing the item :)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Armour/weapons you wouldnt ever want anything higher than 30, because the effective AF/DPS will be shite.

As far as items go, the highest I've used is lvl41, I'm fairly sure that items work provided they are under double your level - but someone else would have to confirm that. The downside of high level stuff is it decays pretty fast.

Personally I always wear 99% qual AF60 armour (level 30), it'll be red to you but it makes the SCing easier and its actually cheaper to make than the lvl26 and lvl28 armour. If you have the money though, the best armour to use (IMO) is AF56 MP stuff, but its about 3 or 4 times as expensive. Where possible I try to only use jewels no higher than 35, just because of the decay - but sometimes I break that rule, if I cant do it with lower stuff.

Hope that helps :)

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
I would recomend getting lvl 25 weapons and armour, this can go upto lvl 30 assuming you can get very decent items to cover stats. I have some items used that are lvl 50 I think (will ahve to log in to make sure) these are ROG items tho and worked on a buy and try basis. I have yet to find a perfect pattern for what will work and what won't. Peridas items and gem of terror/horror work and give speed bonuses, as do some upto lvl 36ish catacombs items so can get hp cap increase and stat cap increase if you try hard enough.

So only usefull advice in all that I just posted is: Try each item and see if magic effects you before making SC.

EDIT: Don't get items with +skill in them, jsut SC skill into armour/weapons

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
pretty sure everyone already knows this but if you use high level stuff with resists only they work even when the high level item is at 70% qual.

otherwise as they say, +skills and stuff deteriorate when qual drops, so best to go for items as close to you level or just above (or sc'd :))

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
Phantomby said:
pretty sure everyone already knows this but if you use high level stuff with resists only they work even when the high level item is at 70% qual.

is this resists only ? thought it was only + skills that suffered ?

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
cba to read the above posts ...but i was told that at lvl 24 anything lvl 44 and below works on u...and anything unique will work anyways...but recently on my thid NS (transparentluri) my belt stopped giving me the 5dex cap :( QQ ..so now all i am missing from fully capped is 5dex cap..and the belt is lvl 42 and it used to affect me..so maybe mythic changed it ??? :twak: thanks for letting me know ...wank*rs :p

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Wild said:
is this resists only ? thought it was only + skills that suffered ?
you are correct, +resists, +stats and +cap still ''work'' when the item is on 70% its only +skills that stop giving the effect @ 70%.

and as said before ALL ''unique'' or RoG (Random Object Generator) items WILL work on a lev 24, im afraid i cant help with regards to what level non RoG items begin to ''fail to affect you''. like someone said, if u insist on using a non RoG make sure u tested it and it works before u have your SC done. :)

oh and to answer your question about player made stuff, yes u can wear level 51 crafted/SC'd armor if u wished. it would work just as well as a level 24 crafted piece would when it was on 100% condition. However being a much higher level it would deteriorate very quickly which negatively affects effective AF/DPS, so its not advisable to use any crafted armor or weapons above lev 30.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Get some 99 qual af 60-62 armor (lvl 30-31), and 9.0 dps weapons(lvl 26), or mp if you have the patience or cba to spend money. Buy some RoG's with no skill on, as Ashton said, and try over-capping atleast two stats (i.e. 14 str/con for tanks), 96 hp overcap, all resists at 13%, 2-4% melee/cast speed, cap stats/skills and maybe some af/%pwr. Catacombs has some nice +hp cap items. Your dps and af will be capped at 24 so no point in getting lvl 30 weapons. Only reason for af 60-62 armor is the amount of imbue points.

<Used to play Ovo,Embra,Sotha,Sera>

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
..what they said.

One thing that was rather weird though was that I had two of the same RoGs. Two bracelets. One affected me, the other one didn't. They were exactly the same. Was quite weird. :eek:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:
96 hp overcap>

Good luck with that :) Generally Rogs wont have above +15hts on them. There is alvl 30 ring in hibwith +32hits cap, im pretty sure theres one in mid too. Though i done ALL the cats quests in Alb and theres nowt around that lvl im afraid. Allways nice to let vamps have an extra 70 odd hp in thid isnt it hibs :p

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Good luck with that :) Generally Rogs wont have above +15hts on them. There is alvl 30 ring in hibwith +32hits cap, im pretty sure theres one in mid too. Though i done ALL the cats quests in Alb and theres nowt around that lvl im afraid. Allways nice to let vamps have an extra 70 odd hp in thid isnt it hibs :p

I believe he already has it :eek:. I recently remade my BM template got 72hp OC 4%melee speed 13Str cap 7Con cap, could have got more but swapping between ME and searching stuff started driving me insane BG is about fast fun dammit :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom