Italy v Aussies

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hey bodhi. i hope your happy supporting that bunch of twatty faces. :/

WHO WANTS AN OSCAR? ANYONE? COME ON, JUST TAKE IT!

this is the worst WC ive ever seen. the refs have no fucking clue about anything. OMG HE TRIPPED? RED CARD TO EVERYONE IN A 5 METER RADIUS :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
LOL @ italians - took them about 10 dives to get it though.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
hey bodhi. i hope your happy supporting that bunch of twatty faces. :/

WHO WANTS AN OSCAR? ANYONE? COME ON, JUST TAKE IT!

this is the worst WC ive ever seen. the refs have no fucking clue about anything. OMG HE TRIPPED? RED CARD TO EVERYONE IN A 5 METER RADIUS :/
I agree - they're not letting the players play the game :S fucking refs and italians.

mank!

Part of the furniture
fucking cheating ****, grosso should be banned for life.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I always say LOL at the pig-football the italians play. however that australian player did make an effort with his hand to obstruct the italian, so it was a tricky decision although I really don't think it was worth a penalty. I've seen much worse situations not resulting in a penalty in this worldcup tbh.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
When I saw it live, I shouted "gotta be a penalty!".

Then I saw a replay and thought "impressive and well coordinated dive", that said, the Aussie player didn't help by going straight to ground and making an absolute meal of a tackle inside the penalty area.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well Materazzi shouldn't have been sent off, so looks like Karma evened itself up in the end.

Only got one thing to say to the whingers as well - Gary Lineker vs Cameroon, Italia 90. Now shut the fuck up eh?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Fuck the Aussies!

It wasn't a clear cut penalty, but the aussie bloke didn't help himself by sliding across him, Grosso could have easily jumped the challenge, but presented with such an opportunity, wouldn't you fall over him :)
As I said above:

Fuck the Aussies!

Bunch of fucking convicts :p

Btw, damn right Bodhi, Lineker has admitted that he deliberately fell over the bloke, but it's still a penalty.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Bodhi said:
Well Materazzi shouldn't have been sent off, so looks like Karma evened itself up in the end.

I never quite caught that 'cos I was getting some bru, but the tail end of the reply looked like a two footed tackle? Aren't they coming down on that hard, no?

Bodhi

Big G said:
I never quite caught that 'cos I was getting some bru, but the tail end of the reply looked like a two footed tackle? Aren't they coming down on that hard, no?

Haven't seen the highlights yet so can't comment, however both the BBC and Vodafone live reckon it was a very harsh decision. Anyway now I've got time I can mention a few more English dives over the years.......

Michael Owen vs Argentina, gets 10 out of 10 from the judges and goes down like a sack of spuds after zero contact from the defender. England win 1-0.

Alan Shearer vs Romania at Euro 2000, football's most boring man gets booked for diving.

Frank Lampard vs Ecuador - A nice little jump to win a free kick in a good position, Beckham scores from it, England win 1-0. The tackle isn't replayed on british TV. Wonder why.

Joe Cole. Any time a defender comes near the Flipper impression comes out.

Stevie Gerrard vs Hungary. A nice little pirohuette to win a penalty.

Peter Crouch vs T&T - not a dive, but hair pulling isn't really in the spirit of the rules now is it?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
oh well nice to see the italians thru - i wonder how much they paid the ref for that decision!

anyone remember slavan bilic's (spelling i suk at!) false hit in the face which got the french player banned from the final?

Bodhi

Right I've seen it now, think it was a penalty on balance. OK Grosso did play for it, but the defender should never have gone to ground, and he did spread himself after Grosso had knocked it past him hance played the man rather than the ball - denying Grosso a clear scoring chance. Do that in the box and you're always going to risk giving away a penalty.

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Bodhi said:
Haven't seen the highlights yet so can't comment, however both the BBC and Vodafone live reckon it was a very harsh decision. Anyway now I've got time I can mention a few more English dives over the years.......

Michael Owen vs Argentina, gets 10 out of 10 from the judges and goes down like a sack of spuds after zero contact from the defender. England win 1-0.

Alan Shearer vs Romania at Euro 2000, football's most boring man gets booked for diving.

Frank Lampard vs Ecuador - A nice little jump to win a free kick in a good position, Beckham scores from it, England win 1-0. The tackle isn't replayed on british TV. Wonder why.

Joe Cole. Any time a defender comes near the Flipper impression comes out.

Stevie Gerrard vs Hungary. A nice little pirohuette to win a penalty.

Peter Crouch vs T&T - not a dive, but hair pulling isn't really in the spirit of the rules now is it?

And we could go through the list of Italians that have dived over the years.
But i cba.

Cheating diving Italian scum!

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Lucky I never played any italians when playing footie. I would be red carded for kicking their sad ass when they dive like that :/

Clown

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Right I've seen it now, think it was a penalty on balance. OK Grosso did play for it, but the defender should never have gone to ground, and he did spread himself after Grosso had knocked it past him hance played the man rather than the ball - denying Grosso a clear scoring chance. Do that in the box and you're always going to risk giving away a penalty.
Isn't that what the keeper does, just that he's allowed to use his hands?
If a keeper was down there, and the dude just fell over him, would that be a penalty?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Clown said:
If a keeper was down there, and the dude just fell over him, would that be a penalty?
If the ball has already gone past the keeper yes, see Bodhi's earlier reference to England vs Cameroon in '90 WC 1/4 final when Lineker knocked it past keeper, and just fell over him. Andy Johnson has done it time and time again for Crystal Palace in recent years, and I expect him to continue it at Everton.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Tbh the Italians need a bit of luck, most of the international team will be looking for new clubs when they get relegated to the 3rd division. its not looking good :-(

Bodhi

Clown said:

If the keeper had obstructed him like Neill did to Grosso then yes, yes he would.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Neill should not have went to Ground, and he knows it it was rash and a crap tackle at that. He gave Grosso every right to go over him for the penalty. It is a shame but tbh its how the sport is today, sometimes you see sure penalties but because the player stays on his feet nothing is giving, if he goes down there is a higher chances of getting a pen.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh, Materazzi is one cheating bastard. NO worries, everyone he tries to kill in that video won't be playing in serie a for one reason or another next season :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
news_182260.jpg

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
nope he didnt get a single card.

im pretty sure the ref would of been bribed before the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom