Italian server

H

harkan

Italian question

Hi,
Please forgive me for making another post about the Italian pvp server, Argain, but we, all players of Argain, are deep concerned about its fate.
We understand the lot of work needed to transfer Daoc Italia to Goa and we don't want to bother you anymore, but the depression has taken all of the argain's players.
We would know some news about the fate of this "not so small" comunity because some of us understood that our accounts will be closed and of no use for minimum 4-5 months, is it like that? Do you understand that, if it is like that, this comunity is going to loosen?
Is it really impossible to find a temporary place for 200 accounts? For about 1 year, Argain's players have played on this server only because they feel a comunity, only because they want to remain togheter with theri friends/foes, why do u do this to us?
Goa would have to been our salvation but, instead, it is the final sentence to our end if it continues like this. Please give us some certain news, please give us hope.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I understand that for those players who have made Argain their home, that the decision not to keep the server open is hard to swallow.
For the moment there is only an option for us to keep one Italian language server open and, as it was the one where most of the Italian players were, we kept Vortigern.
No definite details have been decided regarding future Italian servers, however I really can't see us opening a second PvP server when our primary PvP server is underpopulated.
I also do not think that character databases are going to be merged. There are significant technical issues which prevent it. Mythic merged two databases when Andred closed however 1: they are the developers of the game and 2: They were merging two of their own databases, not two databases from two different companies.

Poeta

Fledgling Freddie
non iniziamo ad aprire 2000 post sulle ste cose perfavore.. non facciamoci riconoscere come al solito. C'e' gia' un post con delle risposte a riguardo.

pls don't start opening 2000 threads on the usual arguments plz... there's allready a thread with the answers to your questions.

Ciao,

topper

Fledgling Freddie
What u will do with the argain's characters that we played for years?
U will delete them ?
U will give it back to the Mythic?
We start to think that The Mythic stole us money for 2 years.....
The Mythic will give us the money back?
We are still paying our accounts on argain...
There are people that had only characters on argain and none on Vortygen, what will they do?

Poeta

Fledgling Freddie
topper said:
We start to think that The Mythic stole us money for 2 years.....
[/B]

CTO, the owner of Vortigern, stole the money, non Mythic.

It's VERY different.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think its fair that your hardwork should get deleted, there is not much GoA could do.

they might not be able to give you your PvP characters back, but the could give you a /level 50 on the Camlann server and some plat to get you going. (thats if you already have a level 50 on the italian PVP server)

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
they might not be able to give you your PvP characters back, but the could give you a /level 50 on the Camlann server and some plat to get you going. (thats if you already have a level 50 on the italian PVP server)

nooooo, we don't need an italian lvl 50 BD zerg.

tbh if its gonna take 6 months to sort then they may aswell roll new toons and it would be quicker.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The simple answer is allow /level 30 for a week or two on Vortigen, yes it means those people from the PvP server have to level from 30-50 again BUT they don't have TOA so they have no artifacts or ML's to do which means that the exping won't take long at all. I know they will lose the realm points and PvP ruleset but that is a better alternative than no DAoC at all. At the end of the day there is a limit to what GOA can do and buying/running a PvP server for a couple of hundered people just doesn't make financial sense. Probably one of the reasons why the original DAoC Italia providers ran into problems, they didn't have a sound business plan.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I find the database argument interesting. Surely there's some design documentation somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom