It would be comedy, if it wasn't happening to you!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Haha, I love those times when stuff happens at exactly the worst moment possible, leaving you in an almost-comical state of near-trouble so extreme you'd scoff at it if it was on TV :D.

For example - say you've got an important interview, then spill coffee or tomato ketchup or whatever you your shirt, only to find you've got no other shirts AT ALL!!! (dun dun DUN) but luckily the spillage is only on a part of the shirt which is covered by your jacket/tie, so you go through the entire interview careful not to let the jacket/tie move and thereby save teh day :D at the cost of several sets of underware and weeks of nightmares afterwards!

So ok, all that said, here's my dilemma - I've got a big inspection tomorow morning, new staffie coming in who'll likely want to shake things up a bit by pointing out every flaw possible in our kit, thereby looking all military-like :)

So I get my best kit to the laundry yesterday, so I'll be sure its clean etc etc, anyway, long story short, its christmas, haven't been using that laundry in a few weeks, so I FORGET THE LAUNDRY SHUTS EARLY ON A SATURDAY

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Yes, so my kits in the laundry, which doesn't open until an hour after the inspection tomorow, and even if I was brad pit crossed with arnie (sorry to let you down girls), I dont think turning up in my boxers is going to cut it :)

Luckily, I have enough kit to muddle through - hopefully - (backup kit to the rescue!) but for those few moments it was like the world had turned upside down :D Will post tomorow to let you all know how I get on, but I just wondered in the meantime if everyone else could post similar moments so I don't feel like such a prat :)

Its still bloody funny though, just prefer it when its not me!

soze

I am a FH squatter
More than once i have set off for work wearing Joggers and a t shirt £15 later i show up to work in George's finest from Tesco :) One week cost me £45 i forgot to do any washing at all.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
army mate once did his boots with some muck he had never used before, night before a big inspection. wrecked his boots completely, and I actually thought he was having a nervous breakdown heh :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Doing waste report for the day I managed to hit 0 instead of the decimal point. The result was a wastage of 1075 kg's of pears, as opposed to 1.75. I didn't notice until I confirmed the report and ended up with a waste amount of a couple of grand. Yikes.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Inspection passed, w00t w00t :D

Turns out I know the new staffie as well, bonus! :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe well done for scraping through and avoiding certain doomage! Was kind of hoping you'd say something like your friends all chipped in to lend you bits of their kit resulting in you turning up wearing a shirt with sleeves that came half way down your forearms and trousers that you had to roll up 12 times and shoes that you stepped out of whenever you walked....(sort of happened to me, I got pooped on my an old lady with explosive bottom related matters...and the other nurses lent me their spares and I ended up just like that in all stuff that was way too big for me, looked like a clown rofl)

I've had so many of those type of situations I can't even recall half of them lol I used to panic and stuff but after a while I got immune to it and just kind of giggle and think what the hay!

Hows things going in zee army anyway Dukster? Have you been sent anywhere yet or are you being sent anywhere?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Was kind of hoping you'd say something like your friends all chipped in to lend you bits of their kit resulting in you turning up wearing a shirt with sleeves that came half way down your forearms and trousers that you had to roll up 12 times and shoes that you stepped out of whenever you walked

Haha, strange you should say that - a mate did actually lend me some trousers but I ended up not needing them in the end, all me mates were there if I needed them though so its all good! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom