it must be nice..

Players nationality

• I am a Uk national and play Mostly on prydwen/excalibur

Votes: 66 44.0%
  • I am a UK national and play Mostly on the USA servers

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I am from another European union country and play mostly on prydwen/excalibur

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • I am outside the european union and play mostly on prydwen/excalibur

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
to know that WoW can afford to get rid of 78000 accounts for cheating..

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/

think excal/pry has reached a peak now with players, not many leaving, not many coming in...

Have been trying to work out how many UK players are left in DAOC that play on excal/pry, have come to the conclusion that it might be just 20% which from the figures from darkzone:

Pry - yearly graph average users - 596
excal yearly graph average users - 744

total 1340

20% of players = 268

http://daoc.darkzone.net/server/eu/excalibur/

http://daoc.darkzone.net/server/eu/prydwen/

So i have decided to do a poll to see how many UK players there are in daoc that play on Pry/excal

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i chose europe america as there was no camlann option.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Quite good. Almost 2% of their subscribers!
I hope that Mythic/GOA take that kind of hard liner tactic on Warhammer.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
scorge said:
So i have decided to do a poll to see how many UK players there are in daoc that play on Pry/excal

you know it wont mean anything cos not everyone reads FH :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
scorge said:
Have been trying to work out how many UK players are left in DAOC that play on excal/pry, have come to the conclusion that it might be just 20% which from the figures from darkzone:

Pry - yearly graph average users - 596
excal yearly graph average users - 744

total 1340

20% of players = 268
The problem with those numbers is that you are assuming that the same people are playing all the time. In other words the 596 players logged into Pryd one day are the exact same people as the 596 people logged into Pryd the next day. I don't have exact numbers of subscribers and I couldn't give them out if I had, however I've always found that a 1:20 ratio of primetime players to live accounts seems to give a reasonably accurate view of the true population for most online games. Games with niche appeal or that are composed predominantly of hardcore gamers wil have a lower ratio while ones that attract a lot of casual players will have a higher ratio.

None of this helps in gauging where these players are from however.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
however I've always found that a 1:20 ratio of primetime players to live accounts

Due to buffbots you could then say 2:20 or 1:10, and live accounts do not neccessarily mean live players

Requiel said:
Games with niche appeal or that are composed predominantly of hardcore gamers wil have a lower ratio while ones that attract a lot of casual players will have a higher ratio.

I take it DAOC is the Former and not the latter? in that DAOC has Niche appeal not mass appeal :(

:m00:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
RS|Phil said:
Quite good. Almost 2% of their subscribers!
I hope that Mythic/GOA take that kind of hard liner tactic on Warhammer.

i very much doubt (and certainly hope not) that warhammer will have 4.5 million subscribers :)

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I am a UK national who lives in a non-EU European land and play mostly on Prydwen/Excalibur so I chose option 3 "I am from another European Union country and play mostly on Prydwen/Excalibur" as I guess it was the closest compromise =/

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I live in Norway, so I voted #4 non-EU country unlike the rest of Scandinavia. (First one to vote #4 so far!)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
DAOC's population has dropped massively. I play Midgard classic server. You're lucky if you get 100 people playing at anyone time.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
A bit weird poll setup, why "European union countries" and not just "Europe" in general and add another option for "Some other continent" or whatever serves the best purpose.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
RS|Phil said:
How come dude?

because of the 4.5 million subscribers in WoW, about 4.4 million are 10 year old kids (be it in acual age or mentality, u pick) that cry nerf whenever they loose to someone in pvp..

and just look at the expansion for WoW. those same whiners managed to make Blizzard TOTALLY ruin what little "personality" the 2 factions had, namely the paladin and the shaman. come that expansion they dont even have that anymore....

so imo, i much much rathter have a small playerbase of relativly mature players then millions of 10 year old fucktards thats only after getting godmode for whatever overpowered toon they are currently playing.... granted we will probably get them anyway, but with a smaller playerbase its easier to handle them.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ctuchik said:
because of the 4.5 million subscribers in WoW, about 4.4 million are 10 year old kids (be it in acual age or mentality, u pick) that cry nerf whenever they loose to someone in pvp..

and just look at the expansion for WoW. those same whiners managed to make Blizzard TOTALLY ruin what little "personality" the 2 factions had, namely the paladin and the shaman. come that expansion they dont even have that anymore....

so imo, i much much rathter have a small playerbase of relativly mature players then millions of 10 year old fucktards thats only after getting godmode for whatever overpowered toon they are currently playing.... granted we will probably get them anyway, but with a smaller playerbase its easier to handle them.

Quality :worthy:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Think you got your reason then there Phil lol

I know, pretty badly burned as well in the process! (Tho it wasn't exactly an answer) Anyone have any skin cream?

That aside, I'd rather have the large population coupled with vast, future-proof clusterable, server number despite some of the possible issues. :p

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Useless, I play mostly on Glaston... and Im not from UK ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
RS|Phil said:
I know, pretty badly burned as well in the process! (Tho it wasn't exactly an answer) Anyone have any skin cream?

That aside, I'd rather have the large population coupled with vast, future-proof clusterable, server number despite some of the possible issues. :p

sorry about that, just that i recently gave WoW a run again and it wasent a pleasant experiance :/

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ctuchik said:
sorry about that, just that i recently gave WoW a run again and it wasent a pleasant experiance :/

I was thinking of buying WOW, but having 2nd thoughts now. Maybe I'll wait for WAR instead and muck about with some lowbie toons on DAOC in the meanwhile

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
>.<

DAoC will never die !!! even if I have to run around solo on my cleric claiming a tower and yelling 'Go Manchester!!!' but there will be at least one there - ME! :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
I was thinking of buying WOW, but having 2nd thoughts now. Maybe I'll wait for WAR instead and muck about with some lowbie toons on DAOC in the meanwhile

well u should try it, think theres a limited trial going around somwhere. can always try it there.

/edit: i mean, the game itself isnt that bad. its just that everywhere u look theres always someone acting all 10 year old 'n shit :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
i very much doubt (and certainly hope not) that warhammer will have 4.5 million subscribers :)

Think again. Warhammer is huge. If they play their cards right and with proper commercial I can see it happen.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Think again. Warhammer is huge. If they play their cards right and with proper commercial I can see it happen.

Warhammer online has the potential to have a HUGE player base possibly rivaling WoW and surpassing it. Think of all the kids/adults who play the tabletop games, all of the ex and current daoc players, all of the wow deffectors, all of the random people who play games, the list goes on and on...

Warhammer online could easily reach 4.5 million subscribers and with ea marketing it and Gamesworkshop having promos of it in every store they have around the world it certainly will have mass market apeall

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom