IT-jobs in edinburgh

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
seeing as my education ends in less than 2 weeks (YAY, asuming I survive exams next week ofcourse) I´m starting to get a bit frantic <grin>

the plan was to move towards the edinburgh area (being a student of gaelic seemed appropriate to move up north)

however I'm having a hard time finding any jobs on the websites, apparently very few edinburgh IT-companies exist.

anyways, HELP! :fluffle:

if anyone knows anyone or am someone that are the right person to talk to regarding IT-related work in the edinburgh area send me a pm here on the boards please.

hope to hear from someone :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I work in IT in Edinburgh.

You'll find most of the good IT jobs are in finance (where I'm involved) since there are quite a few top companies (HBOS, RBoS, Scottish Equitable, Scottish Widows etc) and their divisions based here. A lot of them advertise through jobserve.

What are your skillsets? What do you want to do? What is your perception of IT?

I don't mean to put a damper on things, but unless you get in through a graduate scheme or you've got good work experience; your chances will be slim. The typical chicken/egg scenario of leaving uni and having no experience to get the job, but not getting the job to get experience.

Additionally, the IT community in Edinburgh is an incestuous cliqué with mates referring mates into positions as they bounce between companies scooping an employee referal payment as they go.

G

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
On a similar subject if any1 knows sites/places good for workexperience/undergraduate type it (even helpdesk, phone support etc) jobs in sheffield let me know please thanks ta.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the tips, sending of applications through jobserve now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom