It is worth to come back to Daoc ?

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Hi there,

I was thinking to come back to Daoc after almost 5 years.. As fas as i can see things are not so well at this moment in Daoc community and i want to help me to decide if it's worth the time and the money to start again. Also if it's possible give me some suggestions on servers etc. Thanks :m00:

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest give it a try, best "pvp" is still here, altho maybe 60% as good as old times

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Ι really wonder why the fuck this absolutely wonderfull game is in a so tragic situation..

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Depends on your playstyle and the level of patience you can put in a game to squish out of it some fun.

If you solo and don't have a stealther (tragic anyway as situation), forget it.
It's next to impossible as a visible to get 1 vs 1.

If you mini group, have a speed class and know where to hunt, it's prolly the only way to go atm.

If you like to 8vs8, it's almost dead and or the only groups you face are rr10+ set groups.

If you like to zerg .. welcome to your heaven.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Depends on your playstyle and the level of patience you can put in a game to squish out of it some fun.

If you solo and don't have a stealther (tragic anyway as situation), forget it.
It's next to impossible as a visible to get 1 vs 1.

If you mini group, have a speed class and know where to hunt, it's prolly the only way to go atm.

If you like to 8vs8, it's almost dead and or the only groups you face are rr10+ set groups.

If you like to zerg .. welcome to your heaven.

And we are talking about Us servers ?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Im having quite fun in rvr. Its all about avoiding the zerg, and if you manage to do that theres alot of fun to be had:D

I have forgotten how big Albion really is.. If you take the time to explore it, you'll find it nostalgic and you might meet a bounch of nice people :D

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
And we are talking about Us servers ?

In case you missed it: GOA handed over the control of the EU servers to Mythic. Mythic have created a 'super server' called Ywain and allow (well it's forced tbh) character transfers to this new server. It's now a mix from the english EU servers, french EU servers and the US ones. There is effectively only one normal ruleset server now.

The only ones that can't transfer to it yet are the germans, which are still on their own cluster, but I'm sure it will happen as the population drops.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
The only ones that can't transfer to it yet are the germans, which are still on their own cluster, but I'm sure it will happen as the population drops.

I logged on to my vampiir on avalon, and did a /who all.. It showed 23 people.. :p

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
In case you missed it: GOA handed over the control of the EU servers to Mythic. Mythic have created a 'super server' called Ywain and allow (well it's forced tbh) character transfers to this new server. It's now a mix from the english EU servers, french EU servers and the US ones. There is effectively only one normal ruleset server now.

Oh god, thanks it was a helpfull note. Unfortunately i have lost all the codes for my old accounts and emails (5 + years inactive and i don't know if there is a way to get them back / so i'll start (if i'll start) new characters with bro and gf :p

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Oh god, thanks it was a helpfull note. Unfortunately i have lost all the codes for my old accounts and emails (5 + years inactive and i don't know if there is a way to get them back / so i'll start (if i'll start) new characters with bro and gf :p

If u don't even have account name, passwords or e-mail, then call right away, a phone call can solve it, look up onto DAoC's American web ;)

Zorron

Fledgling Freddie
If u don't even have account name, passwords or e-mail, then call right away, a phone call can solve it, look up onto DAoC's American web ;)

Camorrista wave your brother, im nuada ;) im for ywain hib atm with Nuoda xd my chanter

xomer

Can't get enough of FH

really ? if i know the name of my char etc. i can have them back ?

- English -

Resident Freddy
dyvet was dead remember, it had 20 people primetime .. now everyone is qqing about the zergs etc

Everz

FH is my second home
If you have friends and can join a decent group then go for it, you'll find Ywain a blast.

If not then save your money and don't bother, if you get the inkling to play, load up a freeshard.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I logged on to my vampiir on avalon, and did a /who all.. It showed 23 people.

Hrmmm have an idea! is tempting to xfer some low rr visable solo toons over there, to muck about in a more gentle environment till get the hang of them. Well also, sounds like can take out some of the toons over there anyhow or PvE them decent templates till xfer.

Just dumped a VW over there, it had already been xfered to ywain from pryd, so that's 2 xfers...I'm sure you can xfer back when it gets enabled, not like there's any place for the toons to go then but back to ywain.

Everz

FH is my second home
It's a bit barren on there, but that idea could work in theory.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
why the shit Mythic store is closed all the time

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
I guess they don't want to promote DAoC anymore (horrible promotion displayed at Spain Release years ago)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom