Isnt it about time for Unlimited Quickbars ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
I mean...c'mon.....

Just how difficult can it be to allow as many quickbars as you need ?

Personally I use 7 quickbars, and if I wan them on my screen, I bloody well should be able to have em' on my screen !!!

Its retarded, even ultima online in 1997 had the ability to drag as many icons as you wanted onto the screen, when ive played other mmorgps - allowing what icons you want on screen has never been a problem either.

MaCaBr3

Banned
You are really not beeing functional if you need more then 3x10x10 slots...

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
MaCaBr3 said:
You are really not beeing functional if you need more then 3x10x10 slots...

He means visible at any time... so its really 3 X 10 at the moment.
I have 6 combat styles that i use, another 4 instas, 5 ml abilities, 9 artifact charges, 4 songs, 6 cl spells, and another 3 normal spells. on top of that I need another 4 for pots and bounty gems and another 3 for regular macros. All of these are in regular use and clearly cannot be all visible all at once. I dont see why they couldn't allow more as I play at extremely high resolution so they take up barely any room on the screen.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Depending on what char I play, I use 2 qbars at most and switch with qbar and qbind macros, they are even bound to button 4, 5 and 6 to my mouse. Also I don't cast or fight with mouse, but most of the time with keyboard. I guess it really depends on how you got used to playing games, I always tend to use FPS keyboard settings while having more accesibility to bind macro, spells and styles to the keys arround the movement buttons.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I dunno how people can need more than 30 icons on screen at once. Sure, I use 50-60 slots on some characters and it means pressing shift+2 or shift+3 to swap my main QBAR for 2 seconds but c'mon.....how hard is it? Make generous use of /qbinds and a 12 button mouse and I'm laughing! :)

(tho I do agree you should be able to have as many on screen as you like)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
eh, i need max 3 quickbars on my chantress

(yeh u can whine, but bars are personal and works for every1 else better on his own way)

1bar 1 for the assist + main spells: stun debuff nuke assist, ml9 attack on pet etc

2nd bar is more the other ml's / ground targets, and other spells,

3rd is for pots morphs arti's usage etc.

the other spells, just scroll up fast and back imo..

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Please more qbars. Certain classes I play need swapping and I have better things to do in combat, e.g. trying to last a second more :). Also with shaded out potions/artifacts when timer is down please.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Please more qbars. Certain classes I play need swapping and I have better things to do in combat, e.g. trying to last a second more :). Also with shaded out potions/artifacts when timer is down please.

Zede

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
I dunno how people can need more than 30 icons on screen at once. Sure, I use 50-60 slots on some characters and it means pressing shift+2 or shift+3 to swap my main QBAR for 2 seconds but c'mon.....how hard is it? Make generous use of /qbinds and a 12 button mouse and I'm laughing! :)

(tho I do agree you should be able to have as many on screen as you like)

try playing a support class

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
try playing a support class

You mean, like my cleric who I play every day? :)

*edit* But like I said, I have 30 buttons on my qbars on screen, 10 on my mouse excluding left and right, use F2 to F7 for /qbind as well as WEFSXVBTYKJ, Ins, Home, and End (and some combinations of shift+those keys)

(quickly tots up.... around 65 buttons using the 3x10 bars, mouse and all the qbinds - maybe you just need to find a more efficient setup - still not disagreeing that there should be no limit on qbars on screen however)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Like bar swapping on a support class is hard... cmon...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I use 4 qbars and I'm a friggin bard.

How the fuck can you use 7?

Himse

FH is my second home
Bugz said:
I use 4 qbars and I'm a friggin bard.

How the fuck can you use 7?

more spells?

cleric has like 3x as many spells =[

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
In principle I agree, theres really no reason why DAOC shouldnt support any number of quickbars you want, theres no technical reason I can see why it would be a real challenge to implement.

AngelHeal said:
eh, i need max 3 quickbars on my chantress

Chanters do have the fewest abilites of any hib class... If you need 3 to play one that proves the point that other classes would need more.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ballard said:
I dont see why they couldn't allow more as I play at extremely high resolution so they take up barely any room on the screen.

because, it means more files that have a higher chance of fucking up. :)

and do u really want to have another character corruption fest? ;)

Zede

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
You mean, like my cleric who I play every day? :)

*edit* But like I said, I have 30 buttons on my qbars on screen, 10 on my mouse excluding left and right, use F2 to F7 for /qbind as well as WEFSXVBTYKJ, Ins, Home, and End (and some combinations of shift+those keys)

(quickly tots up.... around 65 buttons using the 3x10 bars, mouse and all the qbinds - maybe you just need to find a more efficient setup - still not disagreeing that there should be no limit on qbars on screen however)

ive got 1 QB for RAs, you dont :p

and give me £XXx for some super-supa 12 button mouse ? us mortals have ones with 4 buttons m8 !

oh and why the the fuck should I be some keyboard ninja ? i prefer to see what im clicking on, not use some finger contortion to get what i want ( ok a bit extreme :p )

Nate

FH is my second home
I use 7 on my healer, don't really need more though. But would be nice if there was a 4th qbar to set to Shift+number, yes i'm lazy with qbinds :(

If I wanted to PvE I'd probably need more, haven't got any crafting stuff on those 7 so I could ofc use more of whats available atm ;p

Memorising qbinds takes a few days but I don't think i'd want more icons on my screen

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
ive got 1 QB for RAs, you dont :p

and give me £XXx for some super-supa 12 button mouse ? us mortals have ones with 4 buttons m8 !

oh and why the the fuck should I be some keyboard ninja ? i prefer to see what im clicking on, not use some finger contortion to get what i want ( ok a bit extreme :p )

Perhaps not but I've got 8 things that are on re-use timers on the functions keys. :p

Each to their own mate, I aren't criticising your play style and I've agreed with you every step of the way about it being a good idea to uncap quickbars, I'm just pointing out an alternative to .er.. nothing since we don't have limitless quickbars that you may want to consider making use of

You can pick up a mouse like mine for £20 (not same as mine but programmable).

Galadry

Fledgling Freddie
Before we had three bars I found I really had to q-bind my minstrel abilities to the keyboard.

Since then I've got used to qbinding:

-a taunt style is always in the same place regardless of character,
- paladin chants are qbound
-I qbind similar heals on friar/clerics/heretic/healer/shaman and even cabalist to the same place
- the dds on minstrel to same place as on the skald.

So no matter what I instinctively go to the right place even if I've gone a bit senile over which character I'm playing at the time!

Even with qbinding however I still find on some chars that with all the arti and ml abilities I'm still using all three bars on the screen to the full - and having backup bars for things on longer timers like buffs and fonts.

I think I can manage with what we've got, however. It forces me to think about how to group abilities on to the bars and to reevaluate them from time to time which can only be a good thing.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Boni said:
In principle I agree, theres really no reason why DAOC shouldnt support any number of quickbars you want, theres no technical reason I can see why it would be a real challenge to implement.

Chanters do have the fewest abilites of any hib class... If you need 3 to play one that proves the point that other classes would need more.

tell me, what ability's i have to use according to you?

bar 1: FACE, quickcast, stun, 2 debufs, nuke, pbaoe, pet attack, rr5 (nice to interupt when at casters) CL mellee resists spell

2nd bar: AT, MS, CL staff, CS, Jacina, CB, CB, speed warp, ml9

3rd bar: all other use on items, and other ml's.

And like I said, some players use 1 bar for what I use, it's different per player.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Gamah said:
3 is enough

Depends on class.

Buffs: 1
DD/Roots/Debuffs etc: 2
MLs/CLs:3
RAs:4
Procs/Charges/Pots:5

4 is about right, depending on class.

Users who are viewing this thread