Isdn

V

varkentje

I just want to know 1 thing. Is DaoC playable with an ISDN connection. I know the creators are saying 56k modem is doing fine, but i want to know the experience of you the players.

My system specifications shouldn't be a problem:

AMD Athlonx XP 1900+
512MB Ram
gf3 ti200

I hope you can help me out.

Varkentje

O

old.Aralik

when i played with 56k it was fine, other than the fact i got disconnected every two hours, :/ isdn should definitly be ok.

O

old.Emma

isdn is fine with doac. i used to use it myself. only times it gets problems is when there are lots of players on screen/lots of spell effects etc, that may cause a bit of lag otherwise.. its perfect

O

old.windforce

56k werkt al prima
ISDN will work fine

S

Sortbane

Never had any problems with ISDN while playing daoc, but the only problem with ISDN and daoc is:

DAoC = High addiction factor
ISDN = Pay for how long you're online..

In other words.. the cost goes to the roof after a little while :)

/em praises the inventor of 24/7 connection with no pay for how long connected ;)

O

old.Baritone

Yep 56k will be fine, I played US release on a 56k, Although i happy to say i have a 600k cable connection now:)

C

ChillyDawg

I play on a single 64k ISDN line, no problemos, and lower ping than most cos its a digital service.

S

SFXman

Hell yeah it is! DAoC takes VERY little bandwidth and ISDN is extremely stable... pings with ISDN on FPS games are easily comparable to a DAoC connection.
Modem disconnection on DAoC is related to the ISP btw, their terms... someone mentioned this.
I used to play with ISDN, I had it shared between two DAoC players and it was easily enough.

O

old.Charonel

well i've been playing this game since retail, and that's months and months and months!

i'm on 56k and only on three occasions have i seen connection lag, all of those times it has been when the servers used to be insanely laggy, never once was it down to lack of bandwidth on my part with the 56k, daoc runs better than any other online game i've ever tried bandwidth wise. and the servers aren't laggy anymore either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom