Is Zerging really that bad?

D

Danya

Originally posted by Chenuba
I'm not active in DAoC anymore, but still, one thing that would make RvR much more fun is collision. Then tanks would really be tanks.
Mythic should implement collision with all enemies, not realmmates, that would rock IMO.

Before anyone says it can't be done, I'll say, "try Planetside then". In Planetside though, you got collision with your teammates too, which should be left out in DAoC..
Planetside was designed with collision from the outset, daoc was not. Collision wouldn't work well in daoc.

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by Danyan
Planetside was designed with collision from the outset, daoc was not. Collision wouldn't work well in daoc.

Why wouldn't it work well in DAoC ??
I can't see a reason why it should or could be a problem, rather an enhancement to gameplay IMO.
I said "no friendly collision", so the only ones standing in your way would be people you want to kill anyway.

S

Subbiz

its supposed to be fun

100 vs 100 can be fun once in a month sure. not every fucking day !
*hint* *hint* zoyster and outlaw

G

Garbannoch Nox

I like fights as long as numbers are even. Whether it is 1fg vs 1fg or 2fg vs 2fg or 5fg vs 5fg doesnt matter. The problem is that apart from 1fg vs 1fg encounters you rarely have even numbers.

O

old_saxo

Hey

well it all nice idears again mythic could make some specaly large vs large battel zones ,....... where the zone would not and i repeat NOT crash :)= would be uber and then the 1on1 groupes could stay at emain etc.......
Oh ye and if mythic see this post , please make it cool etc :p nice design ( looks away from bg) Caer sidi grapic etc ^^

p/s Hi subbiz ^^ ,

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old_saxo
Back in the day when 50's were rare, Everyone zerged. Poeple ran around with loads of other poeple smashing anything that moved. Hibs did it, Albs did it, Mids did it. Camping MG's Large battles in bowl in hib, Just genral carnage all over the place. Times were good....

Now that some have higher realm ranks they want to try and go at fg v fg, Pit there skills against the next fg to come there way. Who has the best mez, Who can get who's healer down first, Who has the best control 8 v 8.... But this isn't always posible.

Poeple will always zerg, Just as much as poeple whining about poeple zerging. Poeple will always try to have fg v fg and some will whine when they get zerged. Zergers riun the game for fgs, fgs whines riun the game for zergers. My adive to you and anyone else, Play the game how you want. Pay little or no attention to barryswhine and have fun. Coz at the end of the day, If its not fun, why pay for it ?....

prolly zerg cuz we didn't know how fun it was with 1fg vs 1fg ;)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by vandar
I think it would be quite fun to hold a mass battle planned event.

Probably crash the server like but image 20FG facing each other across the bowl in emain, suddenly 1 side charges, trembuchet's fire, arrows fly, casters....well cast.

Not sure if this has been tried before, it normally starts with a CS or RR. I've certainly never been to a planned event.

if ethier side brings 20fgs hibs can't compete unless they don't have a keep to hide in ;)

even 10FGs is a strong maybe :)

give us a few hours to form up at dagda on primetime and we might have it for RvR :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom