Is volcanic Pillar going to be worth it?

R

Recundis

Well its gimped atm but i heard its being changed........
I got no details on how or in what way.
Xtra damage and range though would be nice if any 1 could be more specific id appriciate it .

P

Pin

They doubled the AE radius and doubled the damage at the centre...

Which basically means it has the potential to do 8 times as much damage in 1.62 as now (given a big enough enemy zerg).

A

Apathy

hottsvp2.jpg

Ooh.

a.

P

Pin

hmmm. used it on 2fg hibs... and killed the wolf cub!

D

deffy

Originally posted by Pin
hmmm. used it on 2fg hibs... and killed the wolf cub!

If the wolf cub was at the centre of the effect and the dmg capped on it that makes it a 583dd :0 So in response to your question: hell yes!

O

old.LandShark

We can probably - although not definitely - assume the wizard who took that screenshot was not retarded enough to centre his most powerful ability on a grey-con wolf cub.

P

Pin

If you look, it hit the targetted guy for 656 before resists.

Anyway, it'll be nerfed soon enough. Either by reducing damage or radius back to where they were, or by reducing them both part of the way.

Just hope we get patch 1.62 and it's a few months before the next patch.

But actually I would rather have the 1.63 enchanter-nerf patch sooner.....And yes, 1.63 WILL bring the chanter nerfs - and will change the resist system in general ;)

R

Recundis

tnx guys for the reply's guess im gonna respec to it then.
hehe wasnt a hard choice after seening the screeny

H

hercules-df

its worth it already just for an insta aoe nuke to interuipt enemy casters, gonna be very sexy when combined with other wizzies in next patch.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Pin
But actually I would rather have the 1.63 enchanter-nerf patch sooner.....And yes, 1.63 WILL bring the chanter nerfs - and will change the resist system in general ;)
I hope you're not joking, Pin, because these few littles lines kindled a new flame of hope in my chest... Maybe, just maybe, resists will be capped at 50% or something, and maybe my DoTs will finally do some serious damage again. :)

O

old.LandShark

Belo: he's not joking, but it also looks like spirit cabalists get a nuke in the same change.
Of course, the change in currently-in-testing version of 1.63 may just be bugs, or they may be waiting to see reactions and just giving emselves the space to say "oops, they're bugs, we didn't MEAN to nerf the living crap out of resist debuffs, sorry"

B

Belomar

Hmm, Landshark, I hope you don't mean that the only resistance changes will be a nerfing of resistance debuffs? Right? In chanter's case, yes, this needs to be changed, but for other resistance debuff casters it is not an issue. And it is really some kind of capping of resistances that I am looking for.

Also, if spirit cabalists get a nuke, you'd better hope that it isn't a body nuke or that class will just set itself up for a direct nerf... And I might have to consider respeccing to it. ;)

D

deffy

Originally posted by old.LandShark
We can probably - although not definitely - assume the wizard who took that screenshot was not retarded enough to centre his most powerful ability on a grey-con wolf cub.

True, but it could have been stood right next to him and if it wasn't then it's even more worth it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom