Is THIS what BW is waiting for?

S

Summo

Server Beta 1.27 patch is available . Info is here.

A particular point which might be of interest to BW
The OFP_Server.exe file will enable you to set up dedicated Operation Flashpoint servers without requiring the original CD or CD Key.

Please can we have a dedicated server? The only ones I can regularly connect to are continental or US and the pings are shite.

Canwecanwecanwecanwecanwecanwecanwecanwecanwe?

M

MYstIC G

I think its still gonna need a console window before the peeps here will run it SomeGuy

W

Will

Cheque's in the mail ;)

And which console do they want?

S

Summo

Shut up! All of you, shut up!

This release is a beta so I can't see BW running it anyway. Version 1.3 is on its way and promises a host of new server features.

I've waited for so loooooong. :(

M

Moving Target

me too...no more jumping vehicles hopefully

S

Summo

Heh heh. :D Is it me or has it got worse with recent patches?

I placed an empty helicopter on the ground in the Mission Editor then when I played it I just watched it for a few minutes. At first it wobbled a bit, then started bouncing slightly, then swayed and bounced higher and eventually ended upside down balanced on the rotor blades. I kid you not. Didn't even go near it.

Must have been a breeze.

M

Moving Target

heh heh

I once got in a vehicle and it started sliding sideways for no reason

S

Summo

And there's no handbrake on the helicopters. If you land on a slight hill you have to jump out and run like fuck.

As much as I love it, this game needs work.

M

Moving Target

yeh. and wheres that classic line?

'I CAN'T FEEL MEH LEGS, I CAN'T FEEL MEH LEGS!!!'

S

shabazz

Someguy - u use irc a lot? cos im often hosting games - need to get u in 1 :D

S

Summo

Not a lot, Shabazz. Dip in to #barrysworld now and then. Where might I find you?

S

shabazz

erm #games.pub or #hai-opf

Pacman's(regular) made a few maps, which are real sweet too :D

Cya soon!

S

Summo

Not without a console window, it seems. Next official patch is 1.30 due: eventually. I guess we'll see then. :rolleyes:

S

shabazz

only good point to all this self hosting is that it keeps the llamas out.... well usually... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom