Is this true GM's?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
From the Friday News today:
"Darkness Rising's box set
The Darkness Rising box sets are being dispatched towards the distribution network but you can already discover what they look like. In the box set, besides the two CD-Roms of the expansion and the manual, you will find a poster of Darkness Rising. The box set will be available in retail shops on the 1st of February, day of the launching of the expansion on our servers, but can also be pre-ordered on online shop websites (some of them offer a T-shirt). The recommended sell price is £13.95 (€19.99). Those who wish to download the expansion and buy an online licence will also be able to do so on the 1st of February ! "

Bold part by me.

Now i wonder is it true that it wont be available for download until the actual day its going live? If it is i urge you to consider making the download available a few days ahead of time since i think we all know how much preassure thousands of people trying to download from you will put on your platform. Not to mention all the people trying to use the billing system etc. Or will it be a torrent download? I really hope we wont see crashing websites/servers and 4kb/sec download speeds etc, when it surely could be avoided by making it available well ahead of time.

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
i think they posted somewhere that it will be avaliable for download earlier. and anyway you can D/L from mythic already anyway if you wanna avoid it yourself.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
If you can download and buy the cdkey online via GOA it'd be ace, got enough of these DAoC boxes already :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fana said:
" but can also be pre-ordered on online shop websites (some of them offer a T-shirt).

Omg a daoc tshirt. Ima gonna wear that down the pub and pull all the girlies, talk about owning irl :cheers:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:
Omg a daoc tshirt. Ima gonna wear that down the pub and pull all the girlies, talk about owning irl :cheers:

You could ask them back to stroke your epeen

Then go meet a fg in Agramon while she watches xD

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
You could ask them back to stroke your epeen

Then go meet a fg in Agramon while she watches xD

she wouldnt be watching, she'd by writhing on the floor in ecstacy.

Nate

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
she wouldnt be watching, she'd by writhing on the floor in ecstacy.

she wouldnt be writhing on the floor in ecstacy, she'd have feinted in the pub at the site of his t-shirt

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fana said:
Now i wonder is it true that it wont be available for download until the actual day its going live? If it is i urge you to consider making the download available a few days ahead of time

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/DarknessRising/download.php

then change your update.dat to;

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/DarknessRising/download.php

then change your update.dat to;

Mythic Patch

I know, but still silly since tons of people will still download on release day and slow down the service. Or im worrying needlessly, i dunno.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Nate said:
she wouldnt be writhing on the floor in ecstacy, she'd have feinted in the pub at the site of his t-shirt
Hehe, Do you know what you just said?

The word feint means to deceive or elude (when playing football you feint a pass but carry on dribbling etc).

The word faint means to pass out ;)

Nice unintentional pun there, though :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
/em wonders if its possible for this thread to go more offtopic :m00:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
seeing as the DR.exe wont work yet, yeah its safe, no patch server yet though so nothing will happen :)

nb. to clarify, this is the update.dat in your DR folder, not any of the other update.dats, in cata, toa etc

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
It safe to do this now or wait till servers go to DR? :)

copypast you toa or catacombs folder and rename to darkness rising and change the update.dat in that

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, backup the Cata folder I guess cos the filename suggests it'll wipe out your existing Catacombs diretory and replace it.

catacombs_to_darkness_setup_051216.exe :eek:

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
it installs do a different folder but uses your existing cata folder for most of the data. safe to do it now, but when you change the update.dat and click the DR exe, nowt will happen :p cata will still be used as normal though

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Is it hard downloading from Mythic? I mean cmon its darkness rising a low util gay patch that they deliver on cds/download instead of giving for free cause they need to squeeze out some extra daim

York

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Is it hard downloading from Mythic? I mean cmon its darkness rising a low util gay patch that they deliver on cds/download instead of giving for free cause they need to squeeze out some extra daim

Are you serious?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
You could just use mythics downloadpage and get the files that way beforehand, would probably just need a small patching after you have those files :)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
you dont need to backup cata. It says "cata to dr" but that means nothing. As said it installs in a seperate folder (eg c:\daoc\DR) and cata works fine just after. It just wanna know where cata is installed.... dont ask me why oO

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
could make it about Ez's jubblies again

Bring teh seel here and it'll take a course heading for his icefloat of offtopic doom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom