Is this fun or what?

K

Kagato.

So hows everyone enjoying the duels ? they good fun or what lol.

I think more people we're killed in there own realms then in the frontiers today.

/bow to everyone i've fought so far :D

B

bracken_woodman

Yeah I like the duels, even though I can't respec my gimped RAs yet :p

As soon as I do though Kag, you're next :D

S

stighelmer

Sorry for this little hijack - but a quick question

Dudes, how will you spec your RA's ?

Thanks,

Stighelmer

C

-Calvin-

Had lots of fun so far.
Been dueling with my lvl 50 S & S Armsman vs a pole specced tank.

Result Won 2, lost 1
Scary to see how much health I lose if he gets the pole chain off.

Longest fight so far has been with a sword and board lvl 45 Pally, we stood toe to toe for ages blocking like crazy :)

Not duelled a Friar yet, on my list on things to do before the weeks up :)

Side note: How many of you have had this request from a caster :p

"Just stand overthere and let me nuke you, I want to try my spells on you"

Calvin

D

dakeyras

I had a 'stand there and let me pbaoe you..awwwww come on...please'

Duelled a thrust pole spec armswoman from Guild. Man did that pole hurt against chain. Lost the first one then Dirty Tricks stuck on the second so it ended one a piece.

Was fun but I think by the weekend not being able to move for duel requests will start to become a bit tiresome.

P

Puppetmistress

Most people don't wanna duel a caster I think.... Except for infiltrators ofcourse :)

O

old.davidlqs

Bah! Duelled a Friar with my Mincer and got totally creamed. My stun / mez / shout combo turned into a stun / resist / ouch / ouch / ouch /die combo.

Next time I'm bring a pet.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Yeah I like the duels, even though I can't respec my gimped RAs yet :p

As soon as I do though Kag, you're next :D

Looking forward to it.

I don't mind dueling casters, I just feel guilty if I interrupt there first spell lol, so usually let them start casting before charging. Im to polite for my own good.

- Tip, when you start the duel sprint at them, you don't need the styles to kill casters anyway and they wont expect you to reach them that quick.

polearm vs polearm duels are funny, both players are to scared to use styles and give away the defenders combo lol.

Only had one duel with a friar so far which I won, closest fight yet though.

B

belth

Very fun :) Been dueling mostly mercs from guild, man they hurt (282 on mainhand from a crush merc, OUCH!), but one evade is all it takes. Except they started playing smarter after few losses on their part and they do inherently more damage than me, so it becomes unstyled hitting fest which I flat out lose :p

F

Flimgoblin

playing smarter? fleeing? :)

or engaging till you run out of end? :)

O

old.Odysseus

Immense fun except for one thing:

I have had some 30-50% of my roots and mezzes fully resisted ?!?!?

I have never seen that happen before.

F

Flimgoblin

hmm, ody - might just be bad luck.

that aoe or normal root?

/duel someone

get them to stand there and just keep casting :)

D

deffy

it's his aoe mezz, even I resisted it the first time (i still lost :p) and I never seem to resist spells in rvr, plus i only have 3% spirit resist, I guess it's another thing to add to my list of reasons why theurgist mezz is useless ;) (execpt in duels hehe)

T

tazzke

Duels are nice yes

Had 3 of them with my little scout (lvl 42), since a rej cleric kinda sucks in melee :p

- vs guildmate and stud Rugged (lvl 50 arms)
he let me shoot a bit with bow, all blocked of course :) went melee with him..same story...he did slam...took out his big 2 hander :mad: and 1 more hit, was 1 dead little scout

- vs guildmate Zeuz (lvl 42 friar)
as everyone already knows...friars kick ass :)
started with shield en sword, no shooting with bow (BAD mistake)...melee took a bit longer than with Rugged...but i only hit him 2-3 times...he on me also...but i was down at 15% hp..he was at 80%.

- vs a Paladin (soz can't remember the name...FC one) also lvl 42
shot him with bow 1 time (got 5% of his hp) before going into melee with him. And that went pretty well....ended up in a death again, but he was down at 5% hp....and he won cause of his heal/end chants. Fight took 2 min or maybe longer....me running around him like a madman :)

So at least i know i'm not that gimped anyway :p

F

feldeshadowbane

Aye, so far duels have been really fun..

I've fought against 3 people so far with my lvl 50 enhance/rejuve cleric:

1. lvl 46.5 friar; I won with 1 instaheal used.

2. lvl 44-45 (?) Paladin; I won with 1 instaheal used

3. lvl 49.5 Scout; I won 1st time with both instaheals used and BoF used (scout used FA). Really long fight, scout evaded and blocked alot and my cleric has alot of hps (about 1750). 2:nd time I lost but only had 1 instaheal available in that fight.

Don't think I would do very well against lvl 50 chars but I'll try as soon as I have the chance/time :)

T

Tilda

Originally posted by tazzke
Duels are nice yes

- vs a Paladin (soz can't remember the name...FC one) also lvl 42
shot him with bow 1 time (got 5% of his hp) before going into melee with him. And that went pretty well....ended up in a death again, but he was down at 5% hp....and he won cause of his heal/end chants. Fight took 2 min or maybe longer....me running around him like a madman :)

First Cohort dont have any lvl 42 Paladins, they would be in second cohort :) was is Edalev ?

Tilda

O

old.Odysseus

Funny thing is that those resists are happening both to my level 39 aoe spirit mezz and my level 49 single target cold root.

B

belth

Originally posted by Fingoniel
playing smarter? fleeing? :)

Yeah screws up Dual Shadows/Dragonfang combo, but with bit of extra-attention evade leads to DF anyhow :p Like to see a SB try doing unstyled, I was outdamaging Find quite nicely last time that happened (grouped fight), 100+ vs his 70-80 :D

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Kagato.

Looking forward to it.

Pfttt, first armsman to beat me :p
But still happy cos I beat Gunnerr earlier :D

( And still ra gimped as we won't get our respec til next week :rolleyes: )

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by bracken_woodman

Pfttt, first armsman to beat me :p
But still happy cos I beat Gunnerr earlier :D

( And still ra gimped as we won't get our respec til next week :rolleyes: )

Fun fight, i'll actually be weaker when I respec for IP shortly, I just can't face losing my masteries and other fun passives :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom