Is this DAOC 3 or WARHAMMER ONLINE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
ok, i never played DAOC.

i am a Warhammer fan. (closet ;))

it seems to me alot of people are talking about this game as if they were/are expecting just a revamped version of an old game.

just how close is this game to DAOC?

50% - 75% - 99% ?????

many thanks,

Tilda

All mmorpgs take bits from other successful games because it makes them more likely to be successful.
The reason for lots of daoc comparisons here is that a) Mythic made daoc, and b) FH has a large daoc community.

Lots of people want to so if it really is just daoc in a different dress, or if its its own game.
I can say that while it does have similarities with daoc (as do WoW, AoC etc) it is its own game and certainly very "warhammeree"
If you like warhammer, you'll love this.

Bometal

Fledgling Freddie
uhu

Lots of 'old skool' DAOC players are looking forward to this game :)

Because of the connection Mythic DAOC but also if you look at the ingame footage, it all has a familiar feeling ...

I'll be dusting off my keyboard and will certainely be playing WAR and know tons of old DAOC friends who will be doing the same ...

So, be prepared DAOC will be something mentioned alot in WAR :p

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
genuine post, thanks to the normal people for clearing this up for me.

ps.

/st pikeh were you not breast feed as a child?

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
to me i would say
RVR is DAOC (with a few new shinies)
UI is WOW's (with a few new shinies)
Tomb of knowledge is ripped right out of LOTRO

then there other random ideas from other games but there is so many shine new things

they seem to take taken all the bits we have been say we liked about other games and put them in one game and then added some polish and a top notch IP

imangine daoc a generation 1 of mmorpgs(yes i know there was ones before) then wow as generation 2 if thats the case then war will be a 3rd generation mmorpg so many new things

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
It is Warhammer Online.
Just bears similarities with other games here and there....

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
no not at all,

having never played DAOC i was just trying to get a feel for how similar the two games are, thats all.

now do go fcuk off and play with the buses like a good child.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
no not at all,

having never played DAOC i was just trying to get a feel for how similar the two games are, thats all.

no do go fcuk off and play the buses like a good child.

If someone had said, "Yes they are identical games" then how much more informed would you be?

I'm not going to lash back at that final gem of a insult you spouted there, but good one anyway.

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
These boards have been a hotspot for (european) DAOC-players since long, so it's natural that they make up a decent part of the active community, and compare a lot to their old favourite.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the keep sieges are probably the only thing that tie this game to daoc other than that its pretty much its own game and even they are pretty easy mode compared to what they were in daoc

i think you will find theres alot of various mmo's thrown into war theres a feel of definately wow and lotro in here and daoc ofc

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Must wait to give rep :( I snorted.

I repped for you :D

Seriously though, what the fuck jonrossi?

If you respond to anything as mild as that with a "foad" variant (which btw isnt allowed) then you wont go very far here, will you?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
All mmorpgs take bits from other successful games because it makes them more likely to be successful.
The reason for lots of daoc comparisons here is that a) Mythic made daoc, and b) FH has a large daoc community.

Lots of people want to so if it really is just daoc in a different dress, or if its its own game.
I can say that while it does have similarities with daoc (as do WoW, AoC etc) it is its own game and certainly very "warhammeree"
If you like warhammer, you'll love this.

I'm adding a 3) on top of that, the fact that daoc was pretty much the only true RvR MMO I've seen so far... no other MMO managed to get even close to the pvp feeling
WAR doesn't seem to be following that statement however :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
oh dear, i think you just swore

tut, tut.

:lol:

I wouldnt call anyone up for swearing when you basically told me to run under a bus.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom