Is this common amoungst people of this realm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, I'm a basicaly new to alb as a realm on excal, I've met some very nice people so far, but there seems to be a rotten core to the realm.

Heres what happened last night between 10-12pm, I managed to convince a couple of guildies to help me pick up the belt of sun drop on the sunmoon islands, we arrived with completely empty islands and no mobs, we waited roughly an hour for pop, when the thing reset we started pulling the portectors of light, only to notice necro player named Elenecro start pulling them also, and done the belt of sun quest thingy.

When I questioned him after, if he had known what he had done, he said he'd had been waiting for 2 days there, yet there had been no one around the island within our hour wait before, only a pally named Ainweian who was extreme nice, and asked if we could msg him when we had finished so he could wait in a que so to speak.

Elenerco must have ignored me as he wouldn't reply. :eek7:

Is this kind of behavier common on alb/excal? cause I've not experienced this before, this encounter has left me alil faithless in people of this realm, makes me wonder why I even bothered to try in the 1st place, when it was stolen from under mine, Salmina's and Tisme's noses. :(

Alara

Fledgling Freddie
You do get some people who are rather ignorant and can't give a toss about anyone but themselves, but the majority of the other albs you come across are friendly and pleasent. Then you have the others which don't seem to fit into any category. (i.e. do i place them here or here).

Feel free to disagree or agree with me, just my opinion.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Just a another nameless Necro that thinks he can get away with anything ;)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
nah, most people are nice. These are mainly the people who need groups to get things done (so, not necro's).

Tho, -here comes the spanish issue again- when you meet someone from spain, who cannot speak english.. you might have a conflict too. Since they sometimes do their own way aswell, more not then they do.. but still.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
nah, most people are nice. These are mainly the people who need groups to get things done (so, not necro's).

Tho, -here comes the spanish issue again- when you meet someone from spain, who cannot speak english.. you might have a conflict too. Since they sometimes do their own way aswell, more not then they do.. but still.

i've met this dude and i can tell u for sure that he is not a spaniard.

on topic: there r all kinds of ppl in the biggest realm on excal, unfortunetly alot of rotten 1s to, but most ppl i can asure u is a nice bunch :cheers:

Alara

Fledgling Freddie
Well you might get someone from other than spain that you don't understand and then they say to you xxxx and ur thinking wtf? then later you get msg from <insert name here> saying your accounts being suspended, not that its happened, but it might?? (Sorry if im talking crap, alcohol taking into effect, well..) but as its english server, should remain english, exceptional to pm's, chat groups, etc.. (most likely being said before, but don't post very often, and cba to read old stuff).

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Tualatin said:

:m00:

Leave the spaniards out of this thread, as long as we know, none of the ppl involved in this case are from Spain.

Thx

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Alara said:
You do get some people who are rather ignorant and can't give a toss about anyone but themselves, but the majority of the other albs you come across are friendly and pleasent. Then you have the others which don't seem to fit into any category. (i.e. do i place them here or here).

Feel free to disagree or agree with me, just my opinion.

Alb/exc got the biggest concentration of ignorant ppl, just ignore them to you'll find out who they are fast enough :touch:
Can't see why some dudes seems to ignore people just because they are doing something VERY important such as rvr'ing, alittle "soz - bussy" would help.. But nope, thats to hard for some people - you'll have to be the queen of england to reach this kinda fine humanoids... :worthy:

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
its just plain ignorance and greed. a lot of albs are just so greedy, they take you for what they can....i camped a spot once with my necro for 2 hours, then the mob spawned so i started buffing up and another necro comes along and kills the mob....then when i question him about it he says he didnt see me, yet he ran right over the top of me, and i guess he also missed the spell effects from the buffs too? then he just ignored me. thats just how some people are....yet i waited another 2 hours for the spawn again, go back to the spot and cabba asks me if i want to take the mob, and he offers to leave and let me take it, he can come back later.....there are some real diamonds out there, you just have to deal with it.

Some of the most arrogant people ive met are real nice guys who genuinely didnt mean to cause a problem, either didnt think, or it was an accident, thats how i made some of the best friends i have in-game....people do tend to ignore you if u just hurl abuse at them, and it is annoying, but just be thankful it was only an hour you waited, its just a shame some of the people arent more considerate.

Necros have the worst reputation in albion, and by now im thinking that most necros just use that as an excuse to be an asshole, yet ive been abused purely because i was a necro, just try to keep your cool and u might just be suprised how kind and considerate necros can be.

Cheers
Rhi

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest this might have something to do with stress more than being rude or idiotic(ok he a necro so probaly being idiotic).
The trouble is people are in such a hurry, they need their stuff NOW(so they can be bored in a week), so basicly we have people who have a need to actually camp so stupid drop for 20-30 hours, ive especially seen alot of people stressing out over the belts.
If we have people who feel a need to camp a spot for 20 hours they will behave very irrational and often throw commen courtesy out the window, this might actually partially eksplain why people tend to think that we have a higher majority of assholes on albion excalibur, because the higher population also leeds to higher camping frequency and hence more stress.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Jaem- said:
Hi, I'm a basicaly new to alb as a realm on excal, I've met some very nice people so far, but there seems to be a rotten core to the realm.

Heres what happened last night between 10-12pm, I managed to convince a couple of guildies to help me pick up the belt of sun drop on the sunmoon islands, we arrived with completely empty islands and no mobs, we waited roughly an hour for pop, when the thing reset we started pulling the portectors of light, only to notice necro player named Elenecro start pulling them also, and done the belt of sun quest thingy.

When I questioned him after, if he had known what he had done, he said he'd had been waiting for 2 days there, yet there had been no one around the island within our hour wait before, only a pally named Ainweian who was extreme nice, and asked if we could msg him when we had finished so he could wait in a que so to speak.

Is this kind of behavier common on alb/excal? cause I've not experienced this before, this encounter has left me alil faithless in people of this realm, makes me wonder why I even bothered to try in the 1st place, when it was stolen from under mine, Salmina's and Tisme's noses. :(

We went to help a guildy complete the fadrin/barriers ML the other day there was a necro there with a BB, some group had just cleared off, apparently the said group and waded in just before the Necro killed Fadrin and nicked off with the kill and the belt, its that sort of behaviour which is totally crap.

So what if the guy is going to take 20 mins the kill the mob, if thats what he wants to do then so be it, Ive had two sessions looking for the Kings drop and both times he never dropped the artifact, we took 2 hrs the first time and 55-60mins the second, I'm sure people would find that annoying if they were waiting for the pop but hey thats life we wanted to try it with 4 people.

People should just slow down, there is plenty of time to do this, I dont intend to go back to RVR for sometime, there is a lot to do in TOA and most people are just racing through because they are fed up of being left behind.

I'm old yet I appear to have time to wait till its all calmed down.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
I don't think TOA is helping this game due to the fact that everyone started looking for artifacts at roughtly the same time, not a gradual ramp up.
It does piss me off though when people are clearly camping these spots out of greed not need :twak:

e.g. I was offered a Sun belt and/or Moon Belt the other day a bloke had spare. Both ....spare!! :eek7:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Vandar said:
I don't think TOA is helping this game due to the fact that everyone started looking for artifacts at roughtly the same time, not a gradual ramp up.
It does piss me off though when people are clearly camping these spots out of greed not need :twak:

e.g. I was offered a Sun belt and/or Moon Belt the other day a bloke had spare. Both ....spare!! :eek7:

Its swings and round abouts, frankly I prefer it if the big guilds and/or players go running through ML's and artifacts, gets them out fo the way for us smaller ones.

There is a LOT of places to go, our band of 4 people have 70 scrolls now and 4-5 artifacts, I dont think we have got in anybodies way, if we see somewhere is camped we move on, you can farm scrolls from a ton of places, artifacts come from mostly slow spawning mobs, you pays ya money and takes yer chances.

I'm glad that TOA has brought life back into my armsman, I have enjoyed tanking over the last week, ML 2 without rushing around like a muppet and still having fun.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Some players with necros appear to think that they can sit at a spot, go afk for a few hours, come back and tell whoever else is there to "fo, this is camped". Sometimes, even when it's a camp that can happily support two people.

ToA is making these whores worse, as they can camp for items and scrolls for hours on end.

Some necros - like me when I play mine! - are nice, though, and get pissed off at the bad name these loot whores give the class. And generally, most people in Alb are nice, reasonable, and happy to share camps.

Goldragon

Fledgling Freddie
I spent 7 days in a row camping something with my everquest necro ones ^^ (i did NOT sit straight, but if i logged, i logged back before each spawn)

And imho, if anyone else was there claiming it was their spot, i couldnt have cared less :D Everyone egoistic, just the loosing part who whines about it .D

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
Well he got belt now ^^ Btw tip for the ones who do it and some dude steals last just keep yours alive till his one dies.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
"Is this kind of behavier common on alb/excal? cause I've not experienced this before, this encounter has left me alil faithless in people of this realm, makes me wonder why I even bothered to try in the 1st place, when it was stolen from under mine, Salmina's and Tisme's noses."

Sorry to hear about this, but dont judge an entire realm on the actions of one or a few people. Most people i see on a day to day basis are actually good people. Just a few asses about.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Alb/Excal has its fair share of saints and asswads. I'm sure it is the same on every server. :) The asswads tend to linger in your memory more than the saints though. :p

Kian

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think Alb/excal has a higher percentage of assholes than any other realm/server... unfortunately our higher population means we have more of them as an absolute number, and as they tend to go where they can be the biggest jerks (e.g. by camping the Tower Keeper, any decent xp spot for a group in Barrows and now artifact spawns) you're unfortunately more likely to meet them.

Likewise... by no means all necros are greedy selfish twats, but most of the greedy selfish twats seem to play necros and they're the ones who stick in your mind.

Best advice I can give: put a guy like this in your do not invite to guild/do not rezz list and move on. If it gets too frustrating, log for a bit and remember that nobody actually died IRL :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The amount of bad people to good people ratio is just the same on every server and every realm, the more good people you get, the more bade people you get as well.

Simple as that, having a larger population is just natural there will be more bad people to contend with, but on the other hand it also means we have more good people too. It all goes hand in hand.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Jaem- said:

The Belt is on a Day spawn timer, He logged on as soon as he saw it was day < in game> and went for the belt.

This is what happened most likely. I know if I had to wait for day only spawns of a mob / quest I would log off and do anything else other than bore my self to death sitting waiting for that tick tock :D. So Without him telling his side of the story there is no way of knowing really, im not saying what he did was right but I dont know his side of the story to comment.

As for the, I met 1 person like this so the whole realm is like this talk etc. Get some cop on mate, yes some ppl are not nice but others are quite decent helpful ppl who, like you, are there to play a game and have a little fun.

Hope you got your belt anyway :fluffle:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Goldragon said:
I spent 7 days in a row camping something with my everquest necro ones ^^ (i did NOT sit straight, but if i logged, i logged back before each spawn)

And imho, if anyone else was there claiming it was their spot, i couldnt have cared less :D Everyone egoistic, just the loosing part who whines about it .D
So sad.

Here's a hint: You're wrong.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Boobz said:
Sorry to hear about this, but dont judge an entire realm on the actions of one or a few people. Most people i see on a day to day basis are actually good people. Just a few asses about.

I'm Sorry to stereotype, just its the case of a few can ruin things for the many that are good.

And, for the most part, I've met alot of nice people so far, even had some friendly arguements about scouts and groups hehe.

Many thanks to a kind armsman that helped me today, if he needs a group get this guy in yours, his guard is amazing, Mr blockbot 3000 ;P

Spark

Fledgling Freddie
And then one time .. at band camp !!1.. I hmm well hmm you all know the story

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
Ive returned to Excalibur recently to see not much has changed while i have been away :(

Some people can be seriously rude and arrogant. Take this screenshot for example.

http://www.kan.myby.co.uk/sshot016.jpg

This happened yesterday while me and 2 friends were exploring the new zones. GOA have informed me via GetRight that the matter is under investigation.

Sad to see this type of behavour.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
so you make 5 oranges pop on his group, and gets offended when he calls you an idiot??

get a life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom