Is this a bug and has anyone else experienced it?

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
3 or more times today when I was RvRing I got a series of MAD resists on my nukes.

The target I was nuking on would just run off (or towards me) and I could be resisted upwards of 8-10 times in a row, ok that I do get resisted at times but not that many times in sequence...

For example, me and 2 friends ran a bit in Emain and we targeted an enemy, all 3 of us started nuking him, me and one of the others got resisted for a total of almost 20 nukes in a row and the third one got an "out of view" message.
Situation was we messed him and another guy he was running with and killed the first one other one still messed. We then switched to him and got this result, he didnt even loose speed when we nuked him (and it wasnt SoS cause he wasnt a mincer) so ofcourse he got away.

Strange indeed

Has anyone else noticed any fishy things with resists?

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm, not with resists. But I often get something else in target while clickin on enemy players. Worst case was a Ranger who got away cause I got an apk guard in my target by clicking on the Ranger. I couldn't do anything against it.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Yes that has happened to me too, can target an enemy and it says "you target the alp luachra" or something, hehe

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Sojourner ML 9: Phase Shift - Become immune to damage for 10 seconds, but cannot attack. Costs 50 fatigue

More than likely that.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Yes that sounds like it can be it, thank you very much Usp :)

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Sojourner ML 9: Phase Shift - Become immune to damage for 10 seconds, but cannot attack. Costs 50 fatigue

More than likely that.
Just to add to Usps reply.. when you attack someone who has phase shift active all melee/bow attacks are shown as missing, and all spells are shown as being resisted..

When they use phase shift the animation for it is a yellow cylinder with 3~ pulses running along it's length (same as when you use atlantis tablet artifact to become a croc..). also, for me atleast, the animation sometimes doesn't show when people use PS (about 5% of the time maybe) which is really really annoying since I waste lots of power on them then x<

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
dunno, on my chanter I see some weird stuff..

both colddebuff and heatdebuff have extreme resistrate nomatter what I target in RVR. Compared to stuns/nukes/pbae they resist a heapload more. This has been the case for along time now.

Yesterday I had one debuff and then 3 nukes resisted in a row on a mage... such fun :<

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Phase Shift is cool.. I use it to get inside a keep under attack.. Sneak up near the attackers.. use PS.. /y enter/exit and dance with the ones trying to beat me up.. But shouldn't the ones trying to hit me get some kind of mesage in their chatwindow.. something like "cannot be attacked" or "immune to PvP" or something.. ?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I use it quite abit in RvR on my ranger Spinesprout; and notice how alot of people do not know what it is and are still trying to nuke me etc..

Mostly use it on MOC'ing casters to either get away OR get to them; set a GT for Forceful Zypher and pwn them even with MoC :)

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Dumle said:
3 or more times today when I was RvRing I got a series of MAD resists on my nukes.

The target I was nuking on would just run off (or towards me) and I could be resisted upwards of 8-10 times in a row, ok that I do get resisted at times but not that many times in sequence...

For example, me and 2 friends ran a bit in Emain and we targeted an enemy, all 3 of us started nuking him, me and one of the others got resisted for a total of almost 20 nukes in a row and the third one got an "out of view" message.
Situation was we messed him and another guy he was running with and killed the first one other one still messed. We then switched to him and got this result, he didnt even loose speed when we nuked him (and it wasnt SoS cause he wasnt a mincer) so ofcourse he got away.

Strange indeed

Has anyone else noticed any fishy things with resists?
that'll be phase shift my friend, dunno about speed

/edit been posted above, should read all reply's methinks - and yer, it rox :d

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
koxi said:
But shouldn't the ones trying to hit me get some kind of mesage in their chatwindow.. something like "cannot be attacked" or "immune to PvP" or something.. ?
As Onigirl mentioned if you're a spell caster you get a spell resisted message, if a melee you get missed. For me as a spell caster it normally means that if I miss the ML animation for phase shift I'll normally blow at least 3 casts before I suspect something is up. Really should be a different feedback message so at least you know it's phase shift. Either that or a nice graphical effect that is up for the duration of the ML.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
I didnt see any animation on it either of the times, but now I know what it looks like so maybe now I will see it :)

mirieth!

Banned
Puppet said:
I use it quite abit in RvR on my ranger Spinesprout; and notice how alot of people do not know what it is and are still trying to nuke me etc..

Mostly use it on MOC'ing casters to either get away OR get to them; set a GT for Forceful Zypher and pwn them even with MoC :)

you did this to me, had no idea what was happening :(

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Stranger said:
and get pwned nevertheless :twak: :kissit:

Aye I get pwned quite alot; yet I come back mostly solo. As a rule of thumb I add on everything unless I know the victim is never adding either.

I try to solo alot and surely I get killed alot.. Mostly I come back; seek revenge; sometimes I get it, sometimes I dont.

Tough luck really; but thats the game :) And Im sure to show you 'pwned' when (as if) we meet 1 vs 1

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
only thing that really sucks with phaseshift is that its not completely failsafe, if someone had prepared a critshot or smthing before you pop it, then it still hits you, as well as some ml abilities which it simply doesnt cover, but ofc its still better than taking all hits :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom