Is this a blatant abuse of power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

{CT}Specialbrew

One of my fellows in CT has just recieved an email stating that becasue of "past" problems, all CT members who register on these forums are banned ON SIGHT.

Now, during this last week or so that the guild has begun posting again on these forums, i do not think that any of us have posted out of the normal context/language usage we find on these boards. I am sure, even if you love OR hate us, you will agree.

Surely this is a disregard of power and responsibility by the moderators on these boards. I would just like to hear your opinions on this matter.

Also, as if it has ANYTHING to do with these forums, there was a reference to OUR forums in the Moderators statement...i mean..WTF????

And please, this is a serious thread so no mindless flaming ;)

A

_asq_shazzy

Well for starters the actions of one person shouldn't result in other people getting banned from the forums because of being in the same guild. This should be taken up with the owners of these forums.

Specialbrew i suggest you get a copy of that email, names of the people who were banned with there email address and the name of the moderator that banned them and go here http://member.game.net/Membership/Support/SupportForm.asp Subject: Complaints and Abuse Reports

Then enter all your information, try and give dates and times because they should keep logs of the Moderator Controls to see what they have been up to on that date and time.

E

Ekydus

I find it funny that the Moderators or what ever are stereotyping themselves, when they are meant to be the ones to stop that kinda thing. :/

C

cleeve

The problem is that moderating is a really difficult job in forums like these, the 'acceptable' language in fps games in particular would violate most forum rules on post content.

Not knowing what any CT members did to get banned, it is very difficult how to advise on how to resolve the issue. One thing is sure, starting a thread like this isn't the best way to get around it. I would follow the advice of shazzy if I were you and state your case to game.net.

Starting threads in any of the forums will probably just result in thread locking/deletion and account ban (if the email is legit)

Having said all that - these forums are a privilege and not a right. The privilege of using them can be revoked at any time by the forum owners, irrespective of whether its is 'fair' or 'just' in anyone's eyes. I still find it amusing that people take their ability to post on a forum for granted, as if owning a pc with an internet connection gives them the right to post whatever they want wherever they want. :)

Cheers

C

C

{CT}Specialbrew

well,

if forums are supposed to be for posting your views/issues/discussions, then surely saying that you cant post a, b or c is entirely defeating the object of a forum. Forums are open discussion

FORUM -

n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
A court of law; a tribunal.

So if these are indeed what they claim to be(forums) then i am indeed within the boundaries to post my views.

Also, the emailing of all the support etc is well under way. :)

ps, scrap the "usually among experts" bit :p

C

cleeve

agreed m8

but forums are still a privilege and not a right. Romans were allowed to talk in forums but slaves weren't - kinda fucks the whole anyone can wander in and discuss bit over doesn't it?

Also to use the Roman analogy again - anyone spreading dissent or preaching disorder against the roman empire was likely to find themselves having a pointed discussion with a short sword, again hardly a free place where once can say anything at all.

gl in the appeal

C

B

Bleri McThrust

Seems a bit fat fetched to me, not saying your not right but .......

How would a moderater know you were from CT - As long as you didnt put CT in your forum name of course.

M

Maq-attack

It's probably someone playing a joke on you.

Look, you aren't banned. You have a contact e-mail link, anyone on these boards can e-mail you.

Ignore it unless you do actually get banned imo.

T

Tasans

When every sentence you write contains a variation of the words fuck, **** etc you dont have much chance of not getting rebanned every time you make a new account. Plus the mods prolly remember the nazi crap you pulled several months ago.

D

Draylor

Heh

Theres been so many CT* accounts created here, all seeming to be the same 1 or 2 people, all acting like complete idiots.

Your really just having a contest to see who can get banned in the fastest possible time - right?

C

{CT}Specialbrew

well Draylor and Tasans you are both completely wrong.

We have not used any vulgarisms in our posts any more than everyone else on these boards, so does that mean we all should be banned? And what nazi stuff we pulled several months ago? That was in game stuff, not on these foriums...and calling it "nazi" is both ridiculous and offensive, for we do not run a fascist regime, slaughter jews and have no prejudices against anyone. Was a stupid remark really.

Anyway,

We are proud as a guild, and should not be forced to drop our guild tag through the threat of being banned. We have done nothing wrong to wattant these bans, and any flaming we have done was due to blatant goading by others, such as the BG3 posts.

And Draylor, what the hell are you on about? Where do you get this idea we are TRYING to be banned? Man, i think you live by reputations that others people create...we have done no such thing on here. So those posts from you two i shall consider mindless flames.

And Maq-Attack...

I understand what you are saying, but the ban is put upon our email accounts, so we cant get on under out "legitimate" emails. Still, the big boys have been emailed and we will see what they have to say.

A

adari

I find it funny, wish there were more of these whiney beggy posts about something virtual that shouldnt be of too much value, for comedy value. Okthx xD

C

{CT}Specialbrew

not a whine, not a beg...at the end of the day i couldnt give a shit. However, i disagree with injustice and have to fight for my little corner :D

A

Ala

If it happened to me I would be a bit miffed ... but because it happened to CT I say ..

finger.gif

C

{CT}Specialbrew

well fuck it, ive had enough of you sad school kid fucking arseholes...you cant post a decent fucking reply so save your mothers' periods, and your all a pack of Kunts. I thought id go out with a bang, and fucking get banned for SOMETHING, so you soppy bum fucking inbred redneck wankers, go lick your sisters, touch your daddies and send your mammies to the shops. You lot aint got a braincell to rub together and can do nothing but string one, perhaps two sentences of mindless shit together. You are the bane of britain, cos you offer precisely FUCK all to this country, so why dont you fuck off to some two bob shitty dive like fucking Kabul where you can bum fuck the arabs there all you fucking like!

You make me sick, and the worst thing is this forum is fucking run by kids for fucking kids.

Ive tried to keep this pleasant, but no, again with your silly prepubescent manner, you goad me into a foul mouthed tirade, well so fuck. I dont give a rats arse anymore cos these forums are about as usueful to me as fucking sand to an egyptian. Ill just abuse you ****s who deserve it in game, cos you do deserve it.

Disclaimer
This post is by no way intended to offend any of those who do not deserve it, but entirely at the sad little shits who crack one off over getting people banned from message boards. Namely cock sores like Coim who has yet to make a decent post on these boards which aint a flame, Adari who has no concept or brainpower to comprehend what this thread is actually about, Draylor who is just a thick **** and all the other arseholes out there, TILDA especailly who probably sanctioned the bans. FUCK YOU ALL!!!!! Hahahahhahahahhahahaha

Remember kids, this is a VIRTUAL reality, and when you are old enough to go out there in the big wide world, you are gonna get a right royal fucking, cos you just aint prepared for it. I hope its hellish for you!

PS: This is not meant for all the good eggs out there such as Qantaqa, Inazzy, Youlab, Misses, Kelless, SOCK, WASHINGTON, Firey, That merc who is always pottering about(cant remember his name), and all you other ppl who treat this as it should be. A fucking game/realm against realm....and not some shitty escapade to see who can be most uber during school holidays.

For the final time, over and out Barryswhine ****S! See you in game hahahhahahahhahahahah

C

{CT}Specialbrew

oh, and of course Cleeve...

thanks for your views mate, one of the few posts i appreciated :)

O

old.Zeikerd

Too bad people like that don't kill themselves before they grow up.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by {CT}Specialbrew
Draylor who is just a thick **** and all the other arseholes out there, TILDA especailly who probably sanctioned the bans. FUCK YOU ALL!!!!! Hahahahhahahahhahahaha

How do you mean sanction, I cannot ban people myself, and I wasnt involved in the banning of your guildie so get a clue would always help befor throwing baseless accusations around.

D

Damini

If you get banned in the past, you get BANNED. Not like we've taken away your milk and asked you to sit outside for five minutes while you calm down, you guys got banned before and never approached us about being re-admitted. Therefore, you are still banned.

Why should we ban people and then let them join straight back up again? Oh, and again and again and again?

Your forums are also relevent, as they are publicly accessible on the internet, and therefore you are publishing the material for open viewing. If you want to keep such infomation out of opinion forming, then make it passworded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom