Is there a Cable Modem Tweaking Guide like Lagless.com for dial-up modem's

• Thread starter old.feigned innocence
  • Start date
O

old.feigned innocence

Just got my BY modem fitted yesterday :)D) and boy was it a beautiful thing. Files seem to be flying as far as downloads go and finally I've played Q3 on-line (with ping<70) and felt it something other than just frustrating. Not saying I stomped at all, but fighting it out in the top 1/3 is much better than trying to not end up last when you're pinging at 400+.

Just wanted to know if there was an on-line Cable Modem tweaking resource (like Slime's @ lagless.com for 56k dial-ups) for Cable Modem's ?

If not, anyone got any recommended tweaks.

Thanks in anticipation.

P

Perplex

Hmmm...you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can either tweak for max transfer speeds, or small ping. Tweak it one way and you compromise the other.

Which do you want...smaller pings, or quicker downloads?

O

old.feigned innocence

Given that the download speed is so fast compared to 56K, I'm more interested in ping reduction.

W

Wazzerphuk

Ping reduction? I don't think I could achieve a lower ping if I tweaked... it's about the same as a LAN ping. So perplex, post that download speed improvement guide! :p

O

old.feigned innocence

Last night played on a few Q3 servers and pinged normally at about 50-70, while there seemed to a bunch on each at 20-30. 70 is great, but if it's a poor config that is stopping me hgetting down to the ulpb's, then I may as well fix it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom