Is the world insane or not ?

O

old.Tohtori

*takes out a marker and writes on a sign BAN THIS THREAD!! and starts marching around before getting bored and making himself a sandwich*

G

gengi

Gets his Lawyers to begin a lawsuit against teh Seel for infringing his right to post tablings about possibly bannable stuff, then remembers he does not live in a country which affords him any civil liberties and goes back to pretending to work for a bit.....

S

Sibanac

This political correctness thingy has gotten way out of hand.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Sibanac
This political correctness thingy has gotten way out of hand.

Ahem. You shouldn't say "out of hand", it's not politically correct towards the feet.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Ahem. You shouldn't say "out of hand", it's not politically correct towards the feet.

This political correctness thingy has gotten way out of body parts.

A

Arnor

Yes the world is completely and utterly insane, no doubt in my mind.

O

old.job

Of course everyone one thinks political correctness is stupid, until they are on the recieving end of the abuse.

They are right to point out that a black version of the show wouldn't get off the drawing board.

You can have a go at any racial group, until they get together in a strong enough group to complain, then you think

'jeez I can't believe what we used to say about them!'

It's my old argument, why does a Dolphin have more right to life that a Tuna?

Cos we think a Dolphin is closer to us, and therefore is superior.

It's a mammal!!! not a sweaty fish!!!

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.job

Because we say so. We are afterall the superior species :p

T

tris-

maybe if it was english people imitating Asians then theyd have a point but the fact is, its Asians being Asians so what the fuck is the problem :sleeping: fucking stupid yanks will they ever stop?

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by n3wbie
fucking stupid yanks will they ever stop?

After my masterplan takes effect they will...ahha...ahahaha....AHAHAHHAHHAAAAa..aa...umm...i mean. Who knows. Yes. That's what i was saying.

*waits for the black helicopters to arrive over teh icefloat*

T

tris-

and why wouldnt a black version work? FFS its a TV show! its like saying you cant have a black presenter on blue peter because they have always been white, who gives a fuck what colour they are? im half cast and couldnt give two shits if a black version of banzai came along, why should i?

O

old.job

Well yes, but a black presenter dressed up as a cotton picker shouting YAS MR BOSSMAN!!!

Would that not be a little insensitive?

People always say 'it's just a tv show, or it's just a film'

These things are the number one influence on the culture of today, never in our history have we had such powerful social tools as these.
We must remember the vast majority of people are thick and are greatly influenced by these mediums.

S

Sibanac

I say we pull Faulty Towers off television becuase it is degrading and sterotyping for british hotel owners

Ban The Godfather be cause it stereo types italian-americans as gangsters

old.job this pc thing is defenatly out of hand example :

Some PC lobby group wanted to ban postal 2 in belgium because, you could kill gay and crossdressing people and thus was discriminating for gay people
About ever gay rights group in belgium responded by saying they where nuts, you could kill anybody in the game and didnt have to kill any gay character to play the game, so there was no case of discrimination

my point : Most of these PC people are just ppl with way to much time on their hands

T

tris-

my point is, the people who say its bad are people with no relevance to the culture or what ever. ask any black person if theyd find a black version of banzai discriminating, theyd tell you no they wouldnt, why? because its just a fuckin TV programme. its people from other cultures trying to dictate it all, white people saying its discrimination, not the people from those cultures or background who are saying it.

R

Rubric

Hmmmm. The show stars adian people does it not?
So the asian people are being insulting to Asian people? If people cant be insulting to themselves who can they be insulting to?

D

Driwen

I dont know the american culture well enough, but these kind of show are on tv without much problems. Ok they usually arent about asians or blacks, but about white people or somebody else. But the disclaimer afterwards should be enough, unless the show is really distasteful.

J

Jonaldo

Eastenders stereotypes Londoners living in the East-end.

BAN!!!1

hrm and this is a computer role-playing game forum which suggests that all people reading this are the kind that play role-playing games and use computers!!!!!!!!!! FFS OMG! :S

:m00:

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Omniscieous

BAN!!!1

:m00:

You think he's gonne cap the sucker or is he gonne mess wiv da don ?

T

tris-

Originally posted by Omniscieous

BAN!!!1

well thats because they are white, its ok to be racist and stuff to white people apparently.

J

Jonaldo

When I was at school, I always did 1500 and 800 metres on sports day and was forced to compete cross-country at district level :eek:
I always hated the sprints like 100m & 200m, hated hurdles more (as I'm a shortass those things are like high-jump dammit!).

Does this make me racist?

O

old.job

It's all a waste of time, even if we were all the same colour/hieght/intelligence, you would still get kids at school saying
'Ha look at him he has one little finger bigger than the other....get him!!!!!!!!!!'

E

Ekydus

Yes it has got out of hand. It has got to the stage that if you make a film you have to count the extras to make sure you have an even number of each race. :rolleyes:

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.job

Cos we think a Dolphin is closer to us, and therefore is superior.

It's a mammal!!! not a sweaty fish!!!

Ignorant attitude.
They're not fishing for dolphins, they're fishing for tuna. The dolphins are by-catch; they get maimed or killed accidentally in the process of catching the tuna, then thrown back. Ergo killing the dolphins, not to mention turtles, sharks, and whatever the hell else gets caught, is bad.
Whether one animal has more of a 'right to life' than another is pretty much irrelevant, the point is that we don't go around crippling/killing tuna and then dumping them back in the sea. We catch 'em, we eat them. The by-catch is just senseless slaughter.

Being aware of what we do to the environment is hardly politcal correctness. Oh, and as for your last line there - yeah... who are you to judge that a dolphin has no more right to life than a tuna? Ecologically speaking they have exactly the same right to life - they're in the same ecosystem, etc...
Ah why am I bothering, I know you stopped reading 10 lines ago. :rolleyes:

edit: Well, anyway. I think what I'm trying to say is, please don't tar these things with the same brush. Not everything that that is protested about, or that people attempt to aim awareness of, is founded in political correctness or hippy bullcrap.

W

wickedragon

You've got it all wrong. Its not the WORLD that is insane....just the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom