Is Scott Parker Doing the Right Thing

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
So, the big boys flash the cash and get their man once more.

What does everyone think about Scott Parkers' move from Charlton to Chelsea? Dream move, or will a potential England midfielder stagnate on the bench forever more? Worth the £12,000,000 that Chelea paid for him? Gutted Charlton fan?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
United fan, not particularly arsed but I think he's made a laughably bad choice. I will be interested to see how many games he plays.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Utterly stupid thing to do, why move from a club you're worshipped at and playing regular first team football to be just another midfielder at Chelsea? He'll probably play less than Joe Cole.

It also pissed me off about how Parker got the move in the same way that Saha did, sulk and refuse to play so they're forced to sell. It's completely unprofessional and the FA should be allowed to fine players for behaving like that as it's terribly childish.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
I went to school with Scott and the only thing I can remember about him is that he lofted the ball onto one of the teacher's head from about 40 foot away.

How that applies to the current situation is up to you to interpret.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The transfer window I think has forced saha and parker into demanding these moves, rather than waiting to see what happens.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
The transfer window I think has forced saha and parker into demanding these moves, rather than waiting to see what happens.

It's no excuse for behaving like spoilt children though. They're professional footballers who are paid to play football for a living, if they refuse to play or act up then they're not fulfilling their contract.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Well he can enjoy sitting on the bench at Chelsea I guess... hopefully Charlton can now buy someone who wants to play for them and will benefit them more ;)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Charlton will probably be loaning him back at his own request by the summer at his own request after he doesn't get a game and gets ignored by Sven for then England team.

Loyalty is a thing of the past, as a Spurs supporter and seeing Campbell go to Arsenal for free I know this all too well. At least Charlton got some money for Parker and good luck to Curbs and Charlton, they've done magnificently this season so far.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Well he's got to go up against 14 other midfielders. Add that to the fact that Joe Cole has struggled to get into the side and there looking to offload him during the summer. Old Scotties got his work cut out.

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Earn more, work less. Thats a dream for most 9-17 workers, maybe he's just a clerk by heart :)

xane

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
sulk and refuse to play so they're forced to sell. It's completely unprofessional and the FA should be allowed to fine players for behaving like that as it's terribly childish.

Better than the Defoe method - get red-carded and suspended for 12 matches :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom