is my computer infected?

T

Tom

writing this on my pda..

keep getting emails from servers re. failed message, infected, etc. messages only coming in on one pop3 account (receives lots of spam)

nav2003 always up to date, got all xp updates, and firewall. scanned comp, nothing detected, nothing dodgy in 'sent items' (outlook xp)

why do i keep getting these mails? nav detected one sobig virus on a spam Mail, but it was instantly deleted.

thx in advance

C

Ch3tan

I'm getting the same, but from one of my e-mail adresses that isnt used by outlook. It redirects to another account, but I dont have it set as a reply address. I have scanned etc, only thing I can think of is that someone has used my address on a server whcih lets you enter any.

K

kameleon

You may have the Dumaru a virus, which isnt detected by antivirus programs. Check your windows system directory for a file called windrv.exe and check this tool to remove it

A

Any

Could just be the SoBig virus which spoofs the 'From' address on emails it sends using addresses found in peoples address books.
More than likely you havent got anything.

Got about 400 of the things today :-(

Edit: According to Symantec W32.Dumaru@mm is found by anti virus software.

W

Will

Someone with your email address in their address book has been infected by Sobig.f ,which is now sending emails with your address spoofed. Nothing to worry about.

C

Ch3tan

Sobig had finally stopped haunting me, The amount of mails bw blocked dropped to two or three a day, now i'm getting loads of these you sent a virus to x@x annoying things.

T

Tom

ok thx guys will scan comp when i get home

cunting virus writers:eek:

T

Tom

god this site is slow over gprs. i read a thread knly to find lots of sexual innuendo lol

OMG HOW BOUT A PDA COULD START UP AND BE LIKE "LORK AT MI! I R GONNQ LOAD TIS BARRYWLD PAGW IN FVIE SECOND" AND THE PAGE WOULD BE KOADED AND ITS LIKS "RAWR!!! I R TEH PAGE LOADER MASHINNNNE!!!!!11111221$one!"

O

old.Reverend Flatus

Originally posted by Will
Someone with your email address in their address book has been infected by Sobig.f ,which is now sending emails with your address spoofed. Nothing to worry about.
What he says.

I've had several from an internet cafe that I do work for, one of his machines had picked up my email address from when I'd used it. Cleaned up his machines today, every one had several viruses (including sobig), trojans etc, record was 22 on one machine!

E

Embattle

I saw one computer with 480 infected files once, only 400 could be cleaned and the other 80 had to be deleted.

T

Testin da Cable

strangely once again I can say that I personally have not been touched but the latest virii, no dodgy email either. several friends have been hit in the last couple of days making me wince in sympathy...but that's about it. perhaps I'm blessed :)

W

whipped

Oh, btw, the latest SoBig virus ends on Septemeber the 10th. So if you're still gettting a lot of mails there isn't that much longer to wait.

M

Mr.Monkey

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
strangely once again I can say that I personally have not been touched but the latest virii, no dodgy email either. several friends have been hit in the last couple of days making me wince in sympathy...but that's about it. perhaps I'm blessed :)

Nah, just got no mates!

I'm in the same position, no virii for me. I feel left out. Everyone else gets it, but not me......

I was always the last to be picked in the football team too....

T

Testin da Cable

I never got picked at football too, but I guess that's cos I hate the game :)

7th

Originally posted by Tom.
ok thx guys will scan comp when i get home

cunting virus writers:eek:

Well they can't be that much of a bunch of cunts if they put dates in for their virus' to stop can they?

if i had the know how, i'd have none of this "stops on september the 10th!" lark.. i'd go for the throat and put in "stops on september the 10th...... 2089... har har har! suckers!"

but i dont have the know how so that puts an end to that plan

7th

T

Tom

Originally posted by 7th
Well they can't be that much of a bunch of cunts if they put dates in for their virus' to stop can they?

Are we supposed to be grateful to them? I'm glad there are virus writers around, exposing the security flaws in our computers, but they should spend more time doing something worthwhile (like selling their knowledge and experience to companies).

They're a bunch of sad bedroom-dwelling losers.

T

Tom

Originally posted by kameleon
You may have the Dumaru a virus, which isnt detected by antivirus programs. Check your windows system directory for a file called windrv.exe and check this tool to remove it

Clean, so I can only assume that some dozy bugger has my email address somewhere and is infected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom