Is MW3 hotfixed now in EU or not?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Would appreciate if Kemor or Zargar could comment it. I hear its nerfed, some E&E have apparently said Kemor said so anyway but I would like to know for sure.

What Im a bit iffed with is this...

USppl have had the chanse to do the HighLVLencounters in TOA with the help of MW3, apparently with mw3 u do 1damage on GS atm...

thanks for making us casters totally 100% obsolete on highlvlPVEraids again..... just when we are gonna start on MLs.

Couldnt you just set farmobjects like dragons and GS and legion on 100% higher magical resist or something?

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
The argument will always be that it was never working as intended so although the US have been using this for all the ToA high level encounters, technically I guess they've been bug abusing, and now we're gonna have to do it properly.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Holt said:
The argument will always be that it was never working as intended so although the US have been using this for all the ToA high level encounters, technically I guess they've been bug abusing, and now we're gonna have to do it properly.

yes I know, and I agree on it for farmingpurpose.. hence why I wouldnt mind if they put farmobjects on either a ridicilous lvl, or just disable mw3 for farming somehow.

what I dont like is that we didnt even get a warning about it at all, I would have lvld a tank then and shelved my caster for TOA since I cant do _anything_ as a caster on the harder encounters and that thought isnt appealing at all tbh.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Don't we typically have to wait for the 'fix' before we start whining about how its nerfed our performance in the game we havn't played yet?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:
Don't we typically have to wait for the 'fix' before we start whining about how its nerfed our performance in the game we havn't played yet?

if you hit GS for 1 damage with mw3 and pbae... what makes you believe casters are gonna have anything to do in the really tough encounters in TOA? :/

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Welcome to the life of the Thane then. I'm not welcome to any of the organized dragon raids. I can only do the normal zerg farming sessions that goes on sometimes. But atleast you have some utility in rvr groups where thanes got none again. :p :fluffle:

But i've been positively suprised the last week. I've got more invites to rvr groups in a week than I got the last 6 months.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Thorarin said:
MW is not hotfixed yet, but most likely will be soon.

Shike is just gonna have to do ML 24/7 til its done.

I agree entirely that it sucks completely that the one time casters seem to have a reason to be, mythic pulls the carpet from under their feet. It may have taken more doing to do what shike suggests but is surely a better suggestion than the crap way it is at the moment with an caster and epic mob.

fang

Fledgling Freddie
But don't you agree that 5 mw3 casters taking down a dragon just under a minute is a bit too overpowered? If they'd have left it like this, tanks would become obsolete. Don't blame them for nerfing a RA that needed it. If you need to point fingers then complain about resist rates on high level mobs.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
fang said:
But don't you agree that 5 mw3 casters taking down a dragon just under a minute is a bit too overpowered? If they'd have left it like this, tanks would become obsolete. Don't blame them for nerfing a RA that needed it. If you need to point fingers then complain about resist rates on high level mobs.

if you read what I actually wrote I have _nothing_ against nerfing the farming.. the fact that I really have looked forward to have something to do in TOA with my caster and now I realize I wont is what is making me really dissapointed. Casters and HighEndPVE have never mixed in DAoC before due to the coding around it and when we finally have something to do, they nerf it to oblivion so we once again are obsolete. And GOA implement the fix just when we are gonna start on doing 110 quests to reach ml10... while US had it for quite some time. I wouldnt mind if GOA put it in along with 1.68, then we would have some time to do some TOA as caster at least and have something to do instead of just stick and go afk.

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Explain this to me. How can you stop the farming and have mw3 (as it is) in the game at the same time. I don't see a solution which wouldn't require a lot of work. The effort they'd put in to keeping mw3 in the game for a few months could instead be used to fix high level mob resist. I agree that mages aren't that helpful in ToA (since there are even a lot of magic-resistant mobs) but keeping a heavily overpowered RA in the game for a few months is NOT the solution.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
fang said:
Explain this to me. How can you stop the farming and have mw3 (as it is) in the game at the same time. I don't see a solution which wouldn't require a lot of work. The effort they'd put in to keeping mw3 in the game for a few months could instead be used to fix high level mob resist. I agree that mages aren't that helpful in ToA (since there are even a lot of magic-resistant mobs) but keeping a heavily overpowered RA in the game for a few months is NOT the solution.

put the farmobjects on 100% magical resist. 1 damage here or there doesnt matter anyway. By those objects i mean, Dragon, Legion and GS, perhaps the endmobs in Sidi, Galla and Tuscaran Glacier aswell (altho TOAstuff make everything bar the BPs obsolete tbh) I would accept that I cant damage the dragon since I cant do it anyway with spells as is without the prenerfMW anyway. Same with legion really, for spells to land on those mobs you need a ZERG! to increase to-hit to crazy lvls to land a spell. A bunch of animists can do it too but then we risk to crash the zone totally and Dragons AE for instance quickly dispose the pets anyhow.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
FFS, it's not a nerf, it's a bug fix. MW now does what the it is supposed to, and what it always said it was supposed to.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Smurflord said:
FFS, it's not a nerf, it's a bug fix. MW now does what the it is supposed to, and what it always said it was supposed to.

thats easy for you to say that dont have a caster as maintoon :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
fang said:
Can GOA do that?

Im fairly sure GMs can make the Dragon to a little piggy if they wanted to tbh :)

fang

Fledgling Freddie
And i do agree with him.
It is a bugfix. Sais it currently gives a lot more then 15%.

And don't get me started on being left out. I play a bloody champ.

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
Any ideas if/when this bugfix will take place? Or has it been incorporated into the patches today?

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Its a bugfix yes, but i guess its a bug too that casters cant do fuck all vs high lvl encounters without it. So nerfing it results that noone (yes including me) wants casters for a raid group in TOA.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Arcee said:
Any ideas if/when this bugfix will take place? Or has it been incorporated into the patches today?

afaik, its already ingame since the timer is changed to 10mins like in US. Oh well... stick mobs and staff for 3months it is I guess. I just think it was bad timing on this fix, thats all. Wont whine anymore now :/

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
fang said:
If they'd have left it like this, tanks would become obsolete. Don't blame them for nerfing a RA that needed it.

This is the kind of disinformation that got the likes of Det, IP, End regain, resist buffs added all at the same time which has resulted in all but a couple of casting classes virtually USLESS in the game.

MW needed toning down, I agree, but even in its previous state it did not make tanks obsolete whatsoever, every single MW raid (2x Apoc, multiple dragon) I have been on there have been a substantial number of tanks to initially hold agro and general bashing or add control.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
If mythic wanted to help casters they would of done by now.

Yes its harsh, I want my casters to be decent in PvE for ML's but seems that aint gonna happen, Mythic have always loved tanks since the RA/SC patches and this aint gonna change.

Its a bug fix granted, but it was a bug that allowed many casters that HAD HIGHER REALM RANKS (aka worked for it not just given it) to do damage in PvE, after all the game is based around RvR so surly if uve RvRed and earnt the RA's then u should have an easier ride in PvE.

Its was unbalanced but that aside there are easier ways to fix it instead of making it a usless RA.

For instance, giving casters a higher "to-hit" spell that does less damage? would aleast allow us to hit higher mobs in 3fg's + raids rather than being forced to melee (which is against everything most casters beleive in, Obviously this excludes BDers as they are tanks with pets.)

Ah well enough whinge, Tanks for RvR and Tanks for PvE.

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
- The realm ability Majestic Will has been changed today and is now in the same condition as it is on the US servers of Mythic. The bonus given by the realm ability were far above what they should have been. Mythic therefore decided to fix this bug yesterday and we followed this decision since it was already affecting the European servers. The Realm ability Majestic Will is also now on a 10 minutes timer. Other changes will be done in a few days regarding this realm ability

Takes them years to tone down savages or zerkers, but a caster-fix gets hotwired into the servers as soon as it pops up on the US :touch:

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
OK, so they have taken away the one avenue I had as a non PBT caster to contribute on an Epic PVE raid. Having a 100% resist rate and being a wannabe Friar with no staff spec isn't my idea of fun.

Fix the resist rate problem for god sake, hotfix that! Atleast have a caster with POM5 do equal damage over time as a tank with End5, thats what I'd call a proper fix!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Krissy said:
If mythic wanted to help casters they would of done by now.

Yes its harsh, I want my casters to be decent in PvE for ML's but seems that aint gonna happen, Mythic have always loved tanks since the RA/SC patches and this aint gonna change.

Its a bug fix granted, but it was a bug that allowed many casters that HAD HIGHER REALM RANKS (aka worked for it not just given it) to do damage in PvE, after all the game is based around RvR so surly if uve RvRed and earnt the RA's then u should have an easier ride in PvE.

Its was unbalanced but that aside there are easier ways to fix it instead of making it a usless RA.

For instance, giving casters a higher "to-hit" spell that does less damage? would aleast allow us to hit higher mobs in 3fg's + raids rather than being forced to melee (which is against everything most casters beleive in, Obviously this excludes BDers as they are tanks with pets.)

Ah well enough whinge, Tanks for RvR and Tanks for PvE.

absolute best way to let casters deal damage in PVE is via channeling. Bunch of casters channel and focus together to combine forces to damage highlvlmbos.. but the tanklovers at Mythic dont think at stuff like that sadly.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Harle said:
Takes them years to tone down savages or zerkers, but a caster-fix gets hotwired into the servers as soon as it pops up on the US :touch:
Erhm well zerkers, and savages have never been able to take down epic mobs as fast as a smaller group of casters with MW. And zerks got nerfed after enough whine poured into their computers at Mythic. While MW i think was not intended to do what it did.

fang

Fledgling Freddie
bleh ..these posts move too fast :(

Anyways tanks would still be needed. But there's a huge diff between needing 2 tanks and needing a bit more then a fg of em. Tanks would still lose a lot (i'm a tank .. did i get det?). The perfect solution would be to make botgh work equally but that can't be achieved by leaving in a bugged RA that let's casters take down a dragon in under a minute .. please ...

Riddler

Fledgling Freddie
yey here we go, recently reactivated caster account as he was of any use again, and now ...heh...well no point activating it any more then i suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom