Is lag casting cheating?

B

Balbor

just woundering if caster purposly lag casting is bug abuse case some casters seem to be alble to do it every time they cast a spell? only really see it at portal keeps.

Also whats the range of bolt spells? if you move out of max range do they still hit you?

There just seems to be a lot of little bug etc that people abuse a lot and no one really seems too care. Theres also the problem with bugs problems that do get found, they're annoyced almost letting people know its ok to abuse them. Mythic/goa needs to make a proper stand, either letting people abuse the bug until its fix or band it until its fixed.

X

xrn

Originally posted by Balbor
Also whats the range of bolt spells? if you move out of max range do they still hit you?

If you're in the 1875 or 1850 whatever range when the spell is casted, you will get hit by it, note: its not when you start casting spell, its when the spell is casted. This is afaik :p

K

klavrynd

cheating is lame, go play cs if you want to

O

old.Hardbein

If ur "in range" as the bolt leaves the caster...the bolt will hit u no matter how far u run.

D

Danya

Not unless you can run very very fast as they're a lot quicker than speed 5+sprint.

E

Ekydus

Sounds like the grab window exploit...

That is cheating.

S

Shanaia

funny thing is posts like this will just make people curious what the "grab window exploit" is and go ask around and do it too..

I never heard of lagcasting or windowgrabbing... for example

D

Draylor

Re: Re: Is lag casting cheating?

Originally posted by xrn
note: its not when you start casting spell, its when the spell is casted. This is afaik :p
Correct in most cases, but necros at least only check distance (and LoS) when pet begins casting spell, not at end of casting time.

K

Khalen

Wizzies lagging when they cast is something that's a problem between your connection and the other's person connection. You might see it as a caster floating ahead with casting graphics while he's actually standing still to cast it. It's quite nasty and makes people sometimes hard to hit because your pc does see the person move on (stick going after the shadowchar) and then disappears in 2-3 secs. It happens a lot when either one is lagging.

IMO best group is a mezzer with a medium pc who lags with inc and tanks with super pc's so they can target and kill fast ;)

B

bigchief

Re: Re: Re: Is lag casting cheating?

Originally posted by Draylor
Correct in most cases, but necros at least only check distance (and LoS) when pet begins casting spell, not at end of casting time.

Thats a pet bug not a necro bug. Applies to chanter and cabbie pets too etc

O

old.Tohtori

Err...

So a caster casts a spell, gets lag and can cast faster? Don't think so...the time is default for all even if animation bugs.

Or do you mean that they cast at you when you lag? Don't have a lag-meter of target in my interface so...

I think i'm lost here in the matter of what this lagcastcheat is. Please clarify :p

EDIT: cheat not bug.

T

Tasans

Usually sprint and face creates lag casting. It has happened to me plenty of times when i faced a tank and started casting, to see the tank ignore me and go hit the air a few steps behind me. Its not cheating and nothing that can be done about it except to buy a better pc and a faster con.

C

Cyfr

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Err...

So a caster casts a spell, gets lag and can cast faster? Don't think so...the time is default for all even if animation bugs.

Or do you mean that they cast at you when you lag? Don't have a lag-meter of target in my interface so...

I think i'm lost here in the matter of what this lagcastcheat is. Please clarify :p

EDIT: cheat not bug.

Person A Lag's.
Person A casts spell.
Person B sees person A moving AND casting.
Person B posts on barrysworld.

Person A could have a bad connection, could be creating the lag him/herself.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Cyfr
Person A Lag's.
Person A casts spell.

Thank yoooou!

Ahem.

How could you tell the difference? Bad connection isn't their fault, them people just pisspoor :p

S

Shike

a poor PC tend to cause this or a poor connection. I have a pII-500 with 1gig RAM I run next to my mainPC, and its very very common that I see my bot lag off into the distance when I have him on stick. Same thing as a caster using /face and start casting, I tried it with the lowendPC and had same effect as Pbuck, warper etc. With my mainPC this seldom happens.

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Shike
a poor PC tend to cause this or a poor connection. I have a pII-500 with 1gig RAM I run next to my mainPC, and its very very common that I see my bot lag off into the distance when I have him on stick. Same thing as a caster using /face and start casting, I tried it with the lowendPC and had same effect as Pbuck, warper etc. With my mainPC this seldom happens.
I blame my connection for that. 2 pcs sharing a 56k is laggy :p

T

Tasans

Thank yoooou!

Ahem.

How could you tell the difference? Bad connection isn't their fault, them people just pisspoor :p

Or people might live in a technological junkyard :p
The con problems arent cheating, its the grab window exploit that is.

C

ChillyDawg

Thank yoooou!

Ahem.

actually no, im not pisspoor at all, il have you know, filthy knave! Just my mansion is so far out in the country those bastards at BT wont hook me up with any good sheeit :(

I

iluvatur

about bolts... if you quickcast it ... it will hit you as well.... even if you are out of range when the spell finishes (or even if you stealth before the quickcast is finished, it will still hit you stealthed and uncover you)

K

Kallio

Originally posted by iluvatur
about bolts... if you quickcast it ... it will hit you as well.... even if you are out of range when the spell finishes (or even if you stealth before the quickcast is finished, it will still hit you stealthed and uncover you)

Also shaman dot has kinda same thing, you can cast it on a target that just stealthed even when you cant see the enemy anymore.

T

tOkfRanZ

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
If ur "in range" as the bolt leaves the caster...the bolt will hit u no matter how far u run.
what about blocks and resist then?

B

Balbor

Originally posted by Cyfr
Person A Lag's.
Person A casts spell.

its not the person moving and casting that worries me, but the fact that you can target and start casting a spell on the target A even if the target it out of range. This effects both A and B, if the spell is cast before the lag is sorted out Target A can be hit, i've hit caster at bolt range with my DD smite (short range DD spell). But most of the times the lag sorts itself out and person B has use time trying to nuke a player out of range when there could be more importaint targets.

L

lator

Aint that SS bug that alb groups use a lot. Ie. causes lag -> can lag run off ma train.

Users who are viewing this thread