Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Drowin said:
Coming back, not played since july last year. Got an account with /level on it

Are there many groups for 20-30's?
is there too much ground to cover?

Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Well just did the same myself, depending on where you play (I play Mid/Pry) there literally are NO groups, for levels 20 to whenever. Luckily I have a RL friend to duo with, the xp is okay since theres a good camp bonus pretty much everywhere we go. But if you do return expect alot of soloing, or if you're lucky enough to have friends to powerlevel you. I'm not really looking forward to doing all the Toa/farming etc again, but its gotta be done I guess. :p

Enties

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, there are groups (As he said though Mid/Pryd is pretty hopeless for getting groups). I'm playing Hib/Pryd and Alb/Exc and I always get a group with my Hero or Cleric. It's fun, and now when Catacombs is on it's way it will be even easier to level.

If you're intrested we could play together if you choose one of the realms I play on, just drop me a pm :clap:

/Alb/Exc: Vildhjarta level 30 Cleric <The Choir>
Hib/Pryd: Reravian level 31 Hero <Artisans of Willow>

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
/agree with Mobius

There are some levelling groups still about, but PLing appears to be in the majority.

However, with the introduction of "buy one get one free" levels every 7 days, or less if you are on an underpopulated realm (hib for both servers, afaik), coupled with the feasability of levelling in the battlegrounds with the xp increase on player kills, soloing has been made a "little" easier.

Good luck if your take the plunge.

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Returning now is feasible though if you really want to be sure to get groups you'll probably be better off waiting for the release of catacombs. Initially none of the new catacombs classes can benefit from the /20 command so you will have more low levels running about.
Sure a lot will be PL'd but thats got to be the worst way (besides an ebay'd character) to get to know how to play a class. I'm pretty sure that more then a handful will actually go out and play a new character class instead of the usual PL option.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Votan said:
Returning now is feasible though if you really want to be sure to get groups you'll probably be better off waiting for the release of catacombs. Initially none of the new catacombs classes can benefit from the /20 command so you will have more low levels running about.
Sure a lot will be PL'd but thats got to be the worst way (besides an ebay'd character) to get to know how to play a class. I'm pretty sure that more then a handful will actually go out and play a new character class instead of the usual PL option.
i will start a player from lvl 1...will not pl him but will use my bb as buffs/backup rezz...wich is almost the same as PL...but atleast i wont use my necro to do it

Drowin

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for your comments folks, i'll be comming back to alb/excal in a few weeks!!

Cheers :)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Catacombs is going to be the patch for people to come back ... first of all because it's a cool patch... but also because with the new classes that can't /level and with instanced dungeons you're going to see a lot more lower level xp groups

Depends on how people gonna react to it though... if people are just going to pl their new fotm cata's chars then we're back at square 1 really.

Soulbow

Fledgling Freddie
Drowin said:
Thanks for your comments folks, i'll be comming back to alb/excal in a few weeks!!

Cheers :)

Alb Excal lol well join the overpopulated hee hee well free level is once a week there on Hib it every 2 days ;)

Soulbow

nOmoreCOAL

Fledgling Freddie
as i rolled alb pryden a while ago there were loads of ppl xpin even from lvl 1. grpin was np.
but as tried a toon 4 thid in mid exca there were very few ppl.
when WoW servers start i think only albs n hand full of mids / hibs will stay in daoc.

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
nOmoreCOAL said:
as i rolled alb pryden a while ago there were loads of ppl xpin even from lvl 1. grpin was np.
but as tried a toon 4 thid in mid exca there were very few ppl.
when WoW servers start i think only albs n hand full of mids / hibs will stay in daoc.

WoW me this and WoW me that..... i bet we're not even gonna notice ppl leaving, and they'll be back after some weeks of wow anyway..

.. Glabbin "sick of reading about the greatness of WoW in every thread he opens" ofLove

nOmoreCOAL

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC 1 account = no bb n u suck big time no match 4 all others or u r the grp bb , pve grind 4 months , long down time
2 accounts = u got a bb xpin, farming is lot better but still u grind n but in rvr u got an advantage or at least u can match others w a bb / bb w DI u can humilite enemies // a druid is enough 4 hibs
3 accounts = " dedicated " player w a bb + haste bot 4 alb/mid and a pl class like necro or sm , u r the pwnzor u farm artis scrolls alone
OR after watchin the vampir movie from garbannoch thread u can play an OP class till it is nerfed
Need of pow-end regen in all fightin can b very annoyin
Quests n especially epic 1s suck travelin 1-2h till it is over
Albs zerg in the rvr ( cause they r more- i can understand that - or they want 2 get rps w/o much efford)
Relics can affect game a lot - after hibs got str relic bak alb stealthers do like 20-30% less dam (in OF relics were a counterweight 2 alb poppulation - sometimes it was abused by some rvr guilds imo)
Some classes r gimped in nf, some others r gimped anywhere, some other r overpowered, there r imbalances in realms like mincer ( dont forget cc debate sorc-healer-bard)
TOA mls -artis makin rerollin hell or even makin a decent template months consumin
GOA can test yer nerveswhen it comes 2 lag n patches- although lag is fixed in areas apart from toa but patches r

BUT in WoW No bb not so many buffs also buffs r spread among classes 1 account i enough
xpin/quests r easier/fun 2 do/ have better awards 200% bonus 2 xps if u rest
poppulation cap in battlegrounds / vast areas 4 pvp / although a massive raid in enemies homecities can b fun now n then
balanced classes in both factions 7/9 same
patches in other blizzard's games were global n xperience in online gamin is huge

+ warcraft is appealin 2 lot more ppl cause it has a story n characters. imo any other addon would fit in better n surely not like si toa or catacombs
:drink:

btw ppl have already left. players in game peak in exca- prydwen has dropped 500 or even 1000 ppl n if u subtract 25-30% of the accounts being bots u get a picture of thing 2 come.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
glabbin said:
WoW me this and WoW me that..... i bet we're not even gonna notice ppl leaving, and they'll be back after some weeks of wow anyway..

.. Glabbin "sick of reading about the greatness of WoW in every thread he opens" ofLove

Well Mythic have noticed!

I think the suggestion that you may want to wait for
a) Catacombs
b) WoW
and see what they do to the populations is sound.
The new classes in Catacombs are currently undermining the value of the other classes so what the impact of it will be ...?
Worst thing you could do - i suggest - is come back, create an old character and then find that a) its underpowered compared to the Warlock making it harder to get a group and b) population falls badly.

Maybe try the WoW beta before Catacombs comes out - you don't have to read about how good/bad WoW is you can simply try it for yourself and make your own mind up.

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Votan said:

Yeah, with 1 problem. What chance does a group of 8 Vampir's or 8 Warlock's have etc ?

It would help if there was a whole bunch of balanced group characters to group with, but there wont be. So it will end up all being either solo/duo or PL'ing :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jayce said:
Yeah, with 1 problem. What chance does a group of 8 Vampir's or 8 Warlock's have etc ?

It would help if there was a whole bunch of balanced group characters to group with, but there wont be. So it will end up all being either solo/duo or PL'ing :(

8 warlocks is pretty mean - 6 warlocks and 2 valks better. (warlocks can heal and spreadheal remember)

vampiirs make not bad tanks, throw in a bainshee for some nukes.

8 heretics will work too if you get some to spec melee.

nOmoreCOAL

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
tahts thrilling. really.

a fully buffed eirenes' armour bug abuser reaver prolly banelord w static tempest talks...
u even have health regen buff n resists buffs all the time n beg 4 haste
how more pathetic can u get???
ppl like u should stay in daoc n rot :kissit:

pinkeyes

Fledgling Freddie
Drowin said:
Coming back, not played since july last year. Got an account with /level on it

Are there many groups for 20-30's?
is there too much ground to cover?

Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Game eats to much time out real life so i would say no , plus the game has been out so long u wont every catch up with all the l33t hardcore nuts :D
But cant say it is`nt good fun just kinda takes over though lol ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
nOmoreCOAL said:
2 accounts = u got a bb xpin, farming is lot better but still u grind n but in rvr u got an advantage or at least u can match others w a bb / bb w DI u can humilite enemies // a druid is enough 4 hibs
3 accounts = " dedicated " player w a bb + haste bot 4 alb/mid and a pl class like necro or sm , u r the pwnzor u farm artis scrolls alone

2 accounts = you play the game like mythic intended you to play it

3 accounts = you play the game like mythic hoped you would play it ;p

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
8 warlocks is pretty mean - 6 warlocks and 2 valks better. (warlocks can heal and spreadheal remember)

vampiirs make not bad tanks, throw in a bainshee for some nukes.

8 heretics will work too if you get some to spec melee.

think of the horror on camlann :eek2:

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Jayce said:

Having played US Cat's trial I have to disagree. Whilst there was certainly a vastly disproportionate number of cats classes from people /lvling, there was also a significant number of genuinely new players, so in an average levelling group its not ALL warlocks, vamps and heries - more like 50% ;)

Also with instanced dungeons (50% exp bonus per kill I believe) and free levels, levelling will be much easier whether group or solo.

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
Having played US Cat's trial I have to disagree. Whilst there was certainly a vastly disproportionate number of cats classes from people /lvling, there was also a significant number of genuinely new players, so in an average levelling group its not ALL warlocks, vamps and heries - more like 50% ;)

I play on US servers too, and I see lots of lowlevels there. Yesterday in Thidranki,
we were two warlocks and the rest just the usual random classes.
(10 people from each realm; one bainshee from Hibernia, no heretics)

20-30 has a lot more people than I expect at this time. It seems they do get
new people now and then (I even saw a <20 troll skald killtasking!).

Void959 said:
Also with instanced dungeons (50% exp bonus per kill I believe) and free levels, levelling will be much easier whether group or solo.

There are two types of instances:
1.Instanced task - 33% bonus, no matter how many people. The level 1-10
dungeon always has blue monsters, the rest seem to vary. Great bonus
after the task is fulfilled.

2.Themed instance - the Burial Grounds, a new zone off Jordheim, has two
such instances, for example. Enemies often drop aurulite, a material that you
collect like Darkness Falls seals to buy equipment. XP bonus increases the
more players are in the group. Starts lower than tasks.

Each major dungeon should have a themed instance, also (Nisse's,
Spindelhalla, Barrows etc.). Many of the old dungeons are connected via
the Abandoned Mines zone in each realm.

Levelling up has never been as easy as Catacombs, solo or not. Add the
mini-quests that give half a bubble or more, and you'll see Thidranki with
your new characters within a day or two (if /level-less).

nOmoreCOAL

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
2 accounts = you play the game like mythic intended you to play it

3 accounts = you play the game like mythic hoped you would play it ;p

sad but true
at least soe admits it clearly : pay n get more stuff in any way we can or we cant think of ( pay more 2 get xtra features in official site, 2 get 4 more char slots )

in the end it makes u think if all of those inbalanced things in game r random thoughts made by the dev without much testin or in fact they did had all these in mind from the start ( /clientsleep)

ErivShadow

Loyal Freddie
You won't find much groups for leveling in the 20's to 40's on Avalon/Hibernia.
If you want to level you do it with RvR in the smaller Battlegrounds, or maybe you have some supporters with their 50's to powerlevel you.

Sounds sad, but I think a lot of people will never see locations like Treibh Caillte, the Coruscating Mine and other "oldschool" spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom