Is it worth to return from Gareth to Euro classic?

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Gareth is pretty healthy with 500 up to 2500 players, realms are pretty balanced to. There is 8vs8, zergs, keep fights and even a small stealth war.Besides that we have the latest patches and Darkness Rising.

Still i asking myself is it worth to try out the Euro classic server. How will the population be after the first rush is finished, 500 to 1000 players at peak time? Will Hibernia dominate the server? will it be a 8vs8 guild RvR slaughtering? will the solo RvR part be dominated by Vampiirs and Warlocks? Are there players planning to roll an assasin class?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Gareth is pretty healthy with 500 up to 2500 players, realms are pretty balanced to. There is 8vs8, zergs, keep fights and even a small stealth war.Besides that we have the latest patches and Darkness Rising.

Still i asking myself is it worth to try out the Euro classic server. How will the population be after the first rush is finished, 500 to 1000 players at peak time? Will Hibernia dominate the server? will it be a 8vs8 guild RvR slaughtering? will the solo RvR part be dominated by Vampiirs and Warlocks? Are there players planning to roll an assasin class?

see what it looks like after the first week or two

:m00:

Oldleaf said:

All class things aside... nothing is worth coming back to on any euro server at the moment :< its unplayable

R

Raistlin

Yeah come back!! :)

The clasic servers are gonna be a blast, it will be full of awesome RvR and frindly people, with no flaming and everybody being happy.

Obviously i can tell all ofthis through my prophetic abilitys... :touch:

I guess best to wait a week after it has oppend to see... but i think it should be good...

Lag for me has stoped completly now.. dont know about other people.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
We voted to switch from Gareth to Glastonbury (damn what a stupid name, but ok), simply because during the EU-evening hours we felt there wasnt enough different groups running around (at best we ran into 4 different groups in 1 evening, not counting zergs). Probably has to do with it being early hours for the US peeps and they rather PvE then.

We hope/expect that the EU classic server will have more RvR action (preferably FG action).

Also, the fact that everyone starts off at RR1 is a very nice addition, running into PuG with their RR7-8 group when your RR2 just doesnt feel fun.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Of course it's worth it, do not listen to the whiners.

The new server should have best hardware by all logic + lots of oldies are coming to play on classic :) Do not forget the good timezone.

Also as was noted on #daoc.glastonbury - Classic server is here to stay, not like on US servers. cheers! :cheers:

P.S. Join alb.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
The way things are now, stay there unless theres a real problem with the population in the times you play, the lag here has been diabolical at late, and its not just an isolated incident, its become something that just keeps cropping up time and time again.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
The way things are now, stay there unless theres a real problem with the population in the times you play, the lag here has been diabolical at late, and its not just an isolated incident, its become something that just keeps cropping up time and time again.

Unlike populair belief, lag on US isnt 'all that' either. My ping to EU servers are about 35-50ms, and to US its something like 125-150. One thing we noticed is either we lagged a lot, or US just loves to abuse lag / window drag.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
[NO]Magmatic said:
Unlike populair belief, lag on US isnt 'all that' either. My ping to EU servers are about 35-50ms, and to US its something like 125-150. One thing we noticed is either we lagged a lot, or US just loves to abuse lag / window drag.

US = love to abuse everything you can abuse tbh.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't come back. The lag makes rvr useless.

Tilda

I'd come back.
For a few reasons, EU lag is ok now.
The GM's are nicer, and ban more people than in the US.
US players = bug abuse to the max.
In addition, prime time, i'd guess they'll be 2200+ on english classic.

R

Raistlin

Also everybody says RvR is uselsss, it isnt.. ive been playing for days now and its been fine... Also its gonna take people a good ammount of time to get to 50 for RvRing aswell.... so you gonn ahave a goofd few weeks atleast for it to all be solved properly.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
RvR on pryd/exc was better with clustering...more zergs...and i think it will be many good 8vs8 fights with opted fgs...wont be so much stealthers tho due to the buffs range limit...they have to stay close to pks or keeps or have the bot on stick...and what i know solo ppl cant be buffed unless they are grped with bot or someting like that it said in the news...still the first few weeks will be hectic

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
RvR on pryd/exc was better with clustering...more zergs...and i think it will be many good 8vs8 fights with opted fgs...wont be so much stealthers tho due to the buffs range limit...they have to stay close to pks or keeps or have the bot on stick...and what i know solo ppl cant be buffed unless they are grped with bot or someting like that it said in the news...still the first few weeks will be hectic

lol you should take a look at vgn boards, lots of stealther whining

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I play on hib/gareth in an EU guild and i don't have a bad word to say about the server.

No noticeable lag for me, haven't noticed any great abusing of bugs but what was said before about the RR7-8 groups is true. Also at EU prime time you only really come up against the hardcore RR8 gank groups cos no one else is on.

So for timezone reasons alone i cam gonna return to EU classic

E

Eruptix

pez said:
I play on hib/gareth in an EU guild and i don't have a bad word to say about the server.

No noticeable lag for me, haven't noticed any great abusing of bugs but what was said before about the RR7-8 groups is true. Also at EU prime time you only really come up against the hardcore RR8 gank groups cos no one else is on.

So for timezone reasons alone i cam gonna return to EU classic
same

only reason i'm returning is cause my eu gg on gareth fell apart,and I cant find a new decent gg that plays that timezone.
hence me returning here ^^

missing out on prime time action is pretty sad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom