Is it worth playing?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hi everybody, just a quick question.

Is it worth joining? i mean has everybody gone to WoW and the servers arnt very populated.
Hows the service with GOA?

etc. Thanks:)

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
If you are about to play daoc.
Pick a US server instead. GOA seems to have some trouble with their equiment. And they are not fixing problems permanently.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
to be honest i never really saw what people liked so much about WoW .. i still prefer daoc..

err their service has been a bit hit and miss for a while but generally good about the same as other games tbh

the servers are much better population wise now that clustering has finished.. still needs more new players tho .. maybe you will start it off :))

Laddey

FH is my second home
Thanks, is it possible to get the camelot launcher for TOA somewhere? cant find my CD's thx

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Labbe said:
If you are about to play daoc.
Pick a US server instead. GOA seems to have some trouble with their equiment. And they are not fixing problems permanently.
Helpful soul arent you.. the US isnt much better, get your facts right, ppl went to US because the classic server came out over there, not because of technical problems.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Helpful soul arent you.. the US isnt much better, get your facts right, ppl went to US because the classic server came out over there, not because of technical problems.

The service is so much better over there you wouldn't believe.

Take it from someone who has played there up until rr6

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:

Well forgive me if this comes over as aggresive as it certainly not intended that way..

If the service is so much better and as you said you'd got to RR6 why you back playing on the EU servers.. ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Naffets said:

it's not that great. /appeal is totally over-rated.

It's nice you don't have to alt-tab and login somewhere but the whole interface for it isn't a patch on RightNow.

Servers go down just as much (more often, in fact, as they have a lot more "aftereffects" patches fixing small things after each major version - we get them all rolled into one).

Plus GOA have a much much harsher stance on griefers (think darkwolves/nerner killing the DF merchants - got off scott free. Chaos theory tried it on excal and all got a ban :p)

Yeah you get the new patches sooner... that's about the only benefit and it's far outweighed by having more people to play with and raids in your timezone.

Note that I'm not saying "omgz mythic servers sux!" I'm saying they're good, but GOA have a good record as well (though not perfect by any means). Servers do not go down often...

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Persoanly I feel Mythic>GOA when it comes to server handeling, but thats just my personal point of view..

and you better accept it cause its the truth!! olol

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:

I totally agree. I did the same thing, the reason I came back is twofold. First because on European primetime hours (mind you, I'm in Greece which is EST+7) there is almost nothing good going on or you find NS and get rolled :p, the second reason being my already established in-game friendships in excalibur.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Don't bother unless you can run 2 accounts at the same time. Quite an expense. To be able to do so means you got to have quite a potent computer setup to do so too - more expense. The game is shit in my eyes with the need to run 2 accounts all the time. F****** ripoff.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
MKJ said:
Don't bother unless you can run 2 accounts at the same time. Quite an expense. To be able to do so means you got to have quite a potent computer setup to do so too - more expense. The game is shit in my eyes with the need to run 2 accounts all the time. F****** ripoff.

I manage to only run one account and yet, almost by magic it seems, I find I enjoy playing DAoC regardless.

You don't need two accounts at all to play DAoC.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Cadiva said:
I manage to only run one account and yet, almost by magic it seems, I find I enjoy playing DAoC regardless.

You don't need two accounts at all to play DAoC.
Agree.

I got by fine without my buffbot, and I still get by fine without her. It's just useful to have a second account, I have a tailor on one and an armorcrafter on the other. Saves me trading stacks of parts when making plate of chain. Plus I get to talk to myself like that.. ;)

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:

Sucks when no-one wants to play with you ey

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
yes and he seems to be pissed because he cannot even play with himself because his comp can't hack it....

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:

If you are talking about the buffbot part, try actually making some friends, instead of trying as hard as you can, to get on peoples nerves on the forums.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Refuse to play with buffs on. If someone casts them on me I take em off. They shouldn't be in the game full stop. No other bloody online game needs 2 accounts to play the end game bar for this one. I can play in Thid unbuffed but even so it is excrutiatingly hard. You should try it as an unbuffed and non toa'd sb. Come across fully twinked alts with toa and buffs is like fighting superman. Even so I find ways to kill them but a few fights like that and I am knackered as it is so damn hard to pull off.

Nah you all wrong and Mythic is just taking the piss and they bloody well know it too. Laughing at us all.

Other games have tradesmen too but none of them require 2 bloody accounts to pass gear over etc. Simple remedy that other games apply is for all your alts to have access to one big vault. Job done. This one? Well they found another way to pressurize you into having 2 accounts.

I ain't wrong about this - you lot are. Fooling yourself cos the buffs make your alts rock whereas they are just ruining the game fully and destroying any semblance of class balance along with it. Hibbies get haste that is the reason they are so good at melee at the higher levels and Albions get a nice af boost which makes them take a lot less damage. Mids - nothing really beyond very power buffs. Against the other realms Mids are the worse for buff balance. Remove all this buffing crap and the game would be vastly improved. Fights would be more enjoyable and longer lasting for one thing.

Buffs are definitely an absolute ripoff. I honestly wish that DAOC was investigated by some body because they have created such an addictive game that requires 2 accounts to play - at least.

Another thing the ones that reckon they can play without buffs are the ones with access to very powerful alts that can manage to play unbuffed. I only ever play an sb. Go try and play unbuffed at level 50 as an sb. My level 50 unbuffed sb has lower stats bar for con and hits than my fully buffed Thid level 24 sb - that is how bad buffs are - or how good if you look at it a different way.

Ripoff - pure and simple.

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
What's with the unnecassary flaming? Thank the lordy for GReapers forums

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
havent played much on us, but they get patches directly, and they got ingame csr for various issues
they got an uber website with an very nice working xml.
also the events (halloween for example) are much more well planned.

speaking for goa, they got a nice service, but try compare www.camelotherald.com vs http://daoc.goa.com is just laughable, the info, the xml and other info you can find useable on camelotherald is so much better than goa's site.

also a very much more frequent update of news and whats going on atm on camelotherald is very nice.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
MKJ said:
Other games have tradesmen too but none of them require 2 bloody accounts to pass gear over etc. Simple remedy that other games apply is for all your alts to have access to one big vault. Job done. This one? Well they found another way to pressurize you into having 2 accounts.

You have heard of housing yes? house vaults that you can give all your alts access too...
no?

Try leaving thidranki sometime. Nothing wrong with the BG's but it's only a tiny part of the whole game.

Also you seem to be missing the point people are making... "you don't have to have a buffbot" doesn't mean you run without buffs. Make some friends :p group a little...
(or just wait for classic and go play on there and quit whining)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
MaditioN said:
also a very much more frequent update of news and whats going on atm on camelotherald is very nice.

Mythic do have the advantage there in that they tend to create the news :)

GOA posting pendragon patch notes and info about the US roundtable wouldn't be very useful... though they do post summaries of what's "up and coming" in the friday news now which is cool.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
and quit whining

I like whining. Tis good for the soul. Catharsis etc.

To get a house you gotta have a load of dosh. Therefore you need a high alt or 2. Not much good to a new player now is it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
MKJ said:
I like whining. Tis good for the soul. Catharsis etc.

To get a house you gotta have a load of dosh. Therefore you need a high alt or 2. Not much good to a new player now is it.

how many "new players" have 10 alts they need to shuffle kit between?

Heaven forbid they do one of:

1. join a guild
2. make some friends

to help them transfer their gear if they need to.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Laddey said:
Hi everybody, just a quick question.

Is it worth joining? i mean has everybody gone to WoW and the servers arnt very populated.
Hows the service with GOA?

etc. Thanks:)

Yes.

Some went to WoW - a lot came back. Clustering has made the english server cluster really quite busy. It's an older game so most people are level 50 and you won't see a lot starting from level 1 but there's still people around to talk to/xp with (was poncing around in cotswold testing out the shapechanges and saw at least 5 newbies levelling up in the 10m I was there).

Service is fine. (things occasionally go boom but that happens everywhere) People just like to whine ;) whether it's GOA at fault or not.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Yes.

Some went to WoW - a lot came back. Clustering has made the english server cluster really quite busy. It's an older game so most people are level 50 and you won't see a lot starting from level 1 but there's still people around to talk to/xp with (was poncing around in cotswold testing out the shapechanges and saw at least 5 newbies levelling up in the 10m I was there).

Service is fine. (things occasionally go boom but that happens everywhere) People just like to whine ;) whether it's GOA at fault or not.

thats about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom