is it worth playing yet?

P

Panda On Smack

Haven't played for ages coz i can't be arsed due to all the bugs etc.

we still not patched?

buh

J

Jamanio2

there is a patch - v1.1 is current.
Seems perfectly playable/enjoyable to me for the moment.
Just got to know the right servers to play on as some of them are set-up incorrectly.

L

lojik

If it wasnt playable for you before on BW then I'm afraid absolutely nothing has changed that will make it any different for you now.

It's very strange, people with apparently similar system specs have wildly differing gaming performance with BF, it appears to be ultra sensative to system setups, drivers, time of the month etc.

Hopefully the new patch will fix some issues, though recent comments from the developer are not exactlly promising. Dramatically dwindling player numbers (on Barrys servers at least) is also kind of worrying. Oh gawd I've gone and got myself all depressed now.

W

Will

Well, I seem to be one of the few people without any real problems. I do see the lagging planes, but that is about it.

I stick to sniping, and moving targets are now easy to hit for me (ask Scooba ;)). I used to think the bullets were going missing, but I just had the lead distance qrong.

Then again, I've not been playing much. Battlefield is my second game, though I do enjoy it a lot.

J

Jamanio2

It sounds wierd but I installed the Nvidia Dets 40.72 and the planes started to warp as is being described, so I re-installed the 30.82 and they run smoothly again... repeated the process to make sure and it happened again. Those graphics drivers for some reason caused the planes to warp on my system.

I now stick with 30.82 though at a lesser framerate (about a 9% 3dmark2001se difference between the two drivers).

just an idea.

K

killermarc

i have only used the 30 drivers with bf1942 and i only get plane warping on El Alamein no other maps that i can see. but i also get tank warping and other vehicles on El Alamein think its due to the size of the map

B

bids

You're right about there being no consistency on performance.

I have a 2Ghz P4, Ti4200 running the 40.72 Detonators, Windows 2000 and havn't had any problems at all. Just lucky I guess :)

I have BF1942 on another box (1.2 PIII Celeron, GF3 Ti200, Detonator 30.82 and XP) and it runs like a one-legged sloth - ok for dedicated server though.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Panda On Smack
Haven't played for ages coz i can't be arsed due to all the bugs etc.

we still not patched?

buh

You are the gay. Come on IRC and play with me!

P

Panda On Smack

heh, sorry Ben.

The problem is, as has been mentioned, you need to tweak stuff and to be perfectly honest I really can't be arsed. Im ok with that though so don't jump in with the 'what you moaning for then' comments :)

I'm just gonna wait and see if it gets any better after the next patch and if not then I may consider tweaking.

If all this fails I shall have to make do with making sweet love to Scoob.

L

legendario

Re: Re: is it worth playing yet?

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass

You are the gay. Come on IRC and play with me!

Am i the only one who sees the contradiction in these sentences.

;)

M

man like tong

Re: Re: Re: is it worth playing yet?

Originally posted by legendario

Am i the only one who sees the contradiction in these sentences.

;)

You're asuming that "you're gay" is said in anger, infact its a question,

You're gay?
Come on irc and lets play!

stupid

S

Summo

Not at all. He's merely stating a fact. Panda is gay. Apparently the only gay, and therefore the place for him to be is on IRC. Playing. With Scoob.

K

KevinUK

My PC seems to get random lockups but only when playing this game :(
Hopefully the newest patch will fix this.

L

legendario

Originally posted by KevinUK
My PC seems to get random lockups but only when playing this game :(
Hopefully the newest patch will fix this.

you had to divert from the bloody "gay" thread didn't you.

;)

T

toneh

OO oo ARR arr

/me does monkee sounds for them sofitikated saufern boyz.

T

toneh

O no, you'll get him pissed when he smells the lovely aroma of weak lager and lemonade.

WATCH OUT PISSED PANDA ABOUT

Users who are viewing this thread