is it worth it?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
is it worth starting over on pry?
i hate zergs so is there much in the way of fg rvr on pry to warrant starting a char here?
ty in advance for constructive replies

Afran`

Banned
It's zergy on every server you go, but I know there are definatly more fg vs fg fights than on Excal.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Stealthers zerg, and non stealthers started zerging again ;/

Chronictank

FH is my second home
its more are there albs willing to run fg's other than fixed grps.
Excal the vast majority prefer to folow the other 4fg running around than risk dying in a fg.
Havent really played pry much since toa came (cba to lvl artis etc at the time on both servers) might re-roll as a sorc just to get used to what classes do what again

anyhow ty for input

tolshock

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure the nonsense zerging will end soon. maybe in a few weeks when everyone's gotten used to NF.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
my 2nd day in frontiers ever and grouped up with another pally.
me and him spent the day roaming abit and getting arse kicked mostly.
we even tried to take a unclaimed hibby tower twice on our own... each time getting close before hibs turned up and raped us.
then lunch time.
then come bck... bump into other pally again in a random grp.... trying to decide wht to do... go help albs defend a keep... or my suggestion to go bck to hibbie land and finnaly take that tower (i kinda got obsessed)
end up we getting boat to hibbieland huzzah... we attack tower and almost have it before few hibs turn up and start killings... but lucky for us 1 in grp had made a bg before we left wit random albs asking wht to do... we get reinforcements... we take tower... long story short about 50albs turn up in the end and we take a 2nd tower and try to take on the keep... but about 90hibs or so was reported came in the end... with mids joining in fight to at the back taking out any random people and generally causing havoc... that was my 1 and only day in frontiers so far with my pally lakashnik.
must say was a v fun day... i spent about 500g on materials for trebs and rams and am v proud that just because of my obsession wit 1 tower ended up most of alb who was in frontiers assaulting a keep for a good long while.
Fantastico!
altho i do still hate NF since means as a tank i do pretty much no more than die unless i manage to find a single melee class sumwer.

so yes tehre are albs out there willing to run around in random groups and do their own thing... jsut of a rare breed.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
is it worth starting over on pry?
i hate zergs so is there much in the way of fg rvr on pry to warrant starting a char here?
ty in advance for constructive replies
Seems like not many give constructive replies to these kind of threads, so I will try to do my best.

1. Yes, I'd say its worth starting up on pryd if you dont mind doing the toa grind over again. Especially when you're used to excal. Prydwen is more like a family, everyone knows everyone which again result in a much more friendly community.

2: Yes again, there are lots of good fg vs fg fights here. Probably more than on excal. But there are also lots of zerg vs zerg and 1000 stealthers vs solo-you. Thats pretty much the same on all servers with NF.

Me and a few friends started up a new RvR guild called Narcotic Thrust on Albion/Prydwen. We're currently recruiting and doing good so far. :) So dont hesitiate to look us up if alb will be your new home.

Good luck to whatever you decide to do ;)

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Hey chronic .. Smokers here :)

tis true that the prydwen RvR is less zergy, but likewise is it nearly impossible to find some solo fun fights unless one of the parts is a stealther.

There aint many n00bs like on excal in RvR... Truely some of the prydwen players are less experienced in RvR compared to others. But even the biggest n00b on prydwen is a harder enemy than most people on Excal.

Kinda hard to explain without offending anyone, but RvR-wise Excal is Easy-Mode and Prydwen is Hard-mode... Due to the smaller player-DB you dont find many 'random' fights. And less often you find people xping in the frontiers.

In the 'Old Frontiers' one could camp uppland portal keep for SEVERAL of hours in primetime without seeing anyone leaving as less than a FG.

If I was given the option I would move my Pryd/Alb chars to Excal/Pryd as I like the less Elite attitude, which is less stressful. Casual Players dont belong on prydwen. Its not a Game, is a way of life on Prydwen :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Cruhar said:
Its not a Game, is a way of life on Prydwen :)

Thats very true, too many of us on Prydwen take it way too seriously at times :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom