Is it worth Healer speccing high Pac just for pom5

T

tiny_ewok

hiya, im currently lvin up a healer+ summon sm combo with a friend.

However im not sure on what spec i should be aiming for with my healer. Is it worth me speccing 45 pac just to get pom5, Is it that much better than pom4?

I will not be playing the healer in rvr, so i wont be using the mezz and stun skills much at all. We will just be playing these 2 chars to farm together.

My friend has a alchemist so we have plenty of pow potions.

So should i go for pom5, or just leave it at pom4 and raise my mending skill? seeing as all im doin is healing the pet.

Any healer specs and advice welcome;)

ewok.

O

old.Jeriraa

I've got a 47 summoner hence 2nd best focus shield atm. He has serenity 2 and I have a healer with 45 pac available. My spiritmaster is capable of keeping the shield up for about 2 minutes with pom5 + serenity2. Havent tested with pom4 but I think if you want to power the 34dps/lvl50 shield pom5 and serenity4 + mcl2 will help alot.

B

boomeruk

lo wokkeh :)

flumpy (not floompy) is going full pac to pom 5, boomeruks been respeced and will have the final focus shield soon, and he is r3l7, so i think mcl2 and serenity 4 will help... let us know when ya start farming and we'll come along for a laugh :D

O

old.Trine Aquavit

It's not worth going 45 Pac just for PoC because you lose out on spread heal if your Pac is over 44, and you only want to do that if you want to go 48 Pac for the uber AE insta stun.

24/6/48 MAP is the only really viable specc over 44 Pac.

M

Makwaerk

if you are only going to farm with your SM friend then you should go for Pom 5, it is a gimped RvR spec tho .. but for farming with your SM friend it is the right thing to do

F

fafa

i'm not sure u'll be able to keep his pet alive with such low mend. 45 for last pom is overkill imo ...

go 44/30 imo.

G

Gewny

or 40/36 (M:p)
sure u get grappy buffs, but both mend and Pac is a nice (not primary CC lvl in rvr thou)

Last rezz is nice and that spread is good enguh for me :)

F

fafa

30 mend is fairly enough for rvr .. u'll just use spread heal anyway. and 44 pac u get last mezz and thats the CC spell u'll use the most.

either for aug, 44 aug 30 mend, u get last group celerity awnsome as wella s first spread heal.

other template than 44 aug or pac and 30 mend are kinda .... gimped in rvr.

imo :)

C

Cush

Originally posted by morcheeba
30 mend is fairly enough for rvr .. u'll just use spread heal anyway. and 44 pac u get last mezz and thats the CC spell u'll use the most.

either for aug, 44 aug 30 mend, u get last group celerity awnsome as wella s first spread heal.

other template than 44 aug or pac and 30 mend are kinda .... gimped in rvr.

imo :)

Ok.. 30 men is fairly enough for rvr.. but I would cry of joy if I by som miracle was able to be in a group with 3 healers that had 40 mend and cc.. but thats impossible so Ill guess i wont cry of joy :)

and only time you should go only 30 mend is if you are going 44 pac. Stupid to go 44 aug and 30 mend

W

Weeping Willow

48 pac / 24 mending are good for sm groups.

F

fafa

Stupid to go 44 aug and 30 mend

aye why? last celerety and spread heal, why would that template be stupid ? plz tell me wise man :)

C

circeline

hi Ewok
I my main is also a summon sm with a healer bot.
this is how you should spec imo. I have been summon sm since day 1 and not a fotm respec cash-cow. So i have a pretty good idea of what we can do with a sm+healer duo

Healer spec
45 pac
rest in mend
aug for speed buff

RA.
McL
wild healing 1 or better
serenity
rageing power if you ever get that lucky

Sm spec 1
full summon
rest dark
this is my spec and is pure PvE it will be hard getting any rpts unless it is a keeptake where you can use a trebuchet and rezz ppl.

Sm spec 2
summon 43
Darkness 32
This is the RvR summoner you get second best dmg shield which is what you will be useing on most mobs the lvl 50 shield is only really used on yellow/orange or lower. Also you get the first spirit debuff spell ( your dmg shield is spirit dmg )
For RvR your pet will intercept alot due to your buffs on it, also you get the lvl 30 lifetap ( i can even land my lvl 18 lifetap most of the time ) also better dmg on your baseline DD spell. And the second best pbae Mezz

RA
McL
Serenity 2 or better
Etheral bond 2 or better ( very important as it increases your power pool which means not only more power but also that it will take a wee bit longer to drop under 50% where power regen is slower )

people will tell you to go and get rageing power. YES RP is very good but also very hard to get and as you say your rvr will be minimal so i guess it is out of the question.
Circeline the summoness ;)

T

tiny_ewok

Hey,

Well thx lot for all the info guys.

Like i said i will not be doing rvr with this char, sure ill hav to do a little do get a few ras but thats it.

Circeline ur reply was very helpful cheers. btw do u find u can heal the pet ok with that lv mend?

Thx again ;)

ewok

C

circeline

Healing the pet isnt really a problem as long as you have wild healing 1/2, wild healing will give you the occasional crit heal which will save alot of power.
The trick is ( use Trines healer guide ) to use your lowest spec line heal. also remember your healer can use McL while pet fights.
Another trick is to not cast your dex/qui buff on your pet as it will mean it will parry too much which will only drain your mana.
Against high lvl mobs only use your healers dex buff on pet. but against multiple yellow/orange cons use your dex/quibuffs as your will need several small power regen breaks during the fight.

T

Turamber

Some good advice on specs here. Which realm abilities should a pac healer spec though?

Only ones I would think are 'givens' are MCL and Purge. Perfect Recovery isn't very exciting - how about Battery of Life to make up for the low mend abilities?

O

old.Jeriraa

Battery of Life isnt really a good tool like it is now.

Insta spreadheal sounds nice... but its only ~1.1k hps and on a 15 minute timer. Either it needs a timer reduction or pool increase. Even the lowest spreadheal creates a pool bigger than BoL for a fg. If this thing had maybe a 10k pool it could be the counterpart to BoF but no, its a Mid RA so Mythic has to fuck it up.

Perfect recover is surely more worth its 10 points than Battery of Life.

M

Makwaerk

*The trick is ( use Trines healer guide ) to use your lowest spec line heal. *

Small baselinis is more power effecient I belive (quite sure actully)

*Perfect recover is surely more worth its 10 points than Battery of Life.*

PR costs 14 points

T

Turamber

Well, although I've only RvR'd for a couple of days with my pac healer I have noticed that groups do moan if they don't get much healing. Never mind that you are stunning, mezzing and running around with 5 highlanders hitting you :p

As 48 pac means missing out on any of the spec spreadheals it made sense to me to get one via a RA. It's not as if there are lots of things to spend RP skill points on for a pac healer :eek:

O

old.Jeriraa

I have BoL and while it is nice in PvE it has hardly any impact in PvP.

T

tiny_ewok

Thx , ive started to just use the low baselines heals and its workin really well.

Havin mcl and pow potions is real good also:)

Users who are viewing this thread