Is it worth coming bak

Osprey

Fledgling Freddie
Is it worth coming back simple question I quit because of toa .

Is my merc Osprey Lvl 50 ml3 or ml4 rvr 4 I think worth playing again no toa items on him ( got sick of tryin to farm sun or moon scrolls )

Or do I need to lvl ano class for frontiers if so are there plenty of grps in AC barrows etc etc to lvl pretty fast for RvR ? and if so wot class ?

Miss the game was good before toa answer away please

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
game remains the same, just sacrifice your RL and you can compete... Nothing has changed since ToA release 'cept stuff got more expensive afaik and ppl got more rude.
been on lfg a few times for no reason, no groups what so ever.
if you can find a nice guild of rvr peeps merc is still 100% viable in RvR but the days of bashing in ol' Emain are over and you're no longer at the top of the food chain... 0.15 nanosec per spell, casters are, if you insta die sometime and dont know why, its because you've met one of them and know what i mean

Luperyn

Fledgling Freddie
Your gona need a lot of time and patience if you wanna complete a toa suit now, unless your in one the so called " big guilds who help with arti's " <if they ever existed>. So, time and friends and you get nicely toa'd up.

If you only play one hour a day, hell no.
If you got loads of time, hell yea.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
spent about 1 week with 5-12 hours a day for a fully toa'd out merc, i had loads and loads (copy paste "loads and loads" for 4 pages) from pvedrik and roshia, can take months on your own i reckon

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I think it can be worth it tbh.. In my opinion ToA isnt as important as anyone say it is... Ofc 10% more dmg might mean something.. But fights are usually won with either loads of hit points or you die...
If you play merc, you should actually try soloing a bit in NF.. Just get some insta interupts and you can deal with casters... And you will pwn stealthers..
Or just join up with a cleric and go hunt hibs in PoC (hib entrence ofc)..

So imo, there are still some value and fun left in the game, even if you are not a power player..

As for leveling i have been doing so a little bit lately.. Grps all the way up to level 33 so far.. So i dont see why there shouldnt be grps at lvl 44 aswell...

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Stay Away! :<

Couldn't agree more.

I'm toa sc'ing my friar atm, and it's living hell.. never been more bored in my life.

But it's the spirit that keeps me going, and I really want my friar toa sc'ed so I guess that has a part in it too :)

I can't quit cause I really want a toa sc'ed friar, and I'm addicted (I really don't know why).

I'd say if you really want to come back, give it a go.. but be careful, you may have trouble quitting again if you don't like it :p

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
What is left out is the difference that NF made. In 8vs8 your SC counts, in 141vs173 your interrupts count. If you move with defense BGs, and keeptake BGs, even a level 40 without any toa items can have fun. NF made RvR open for everyone not just the elite. Yes, some characters can insta kill you still, but you have a fighting chance and your realm needs the numbers. So imho you can have fun without toa, etc.

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
if its you osprey from gaurdians of vetutsa then i want you to return, u rock, il help ya with ur toa armour

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
What is left out is the difference that NF made. In 8vs8 your SC counts, in 141vs173 your interrupts count. If you move with defense BGs, and keeptake BGs, even a level 40 without any toa items can have fun.

8vs8 = no RL
141vs173 = zerg whine

So the answer is no imo.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
lvlingwise there are no grps to join until lvl 40
I have leveled a sorc and got 3 mayb 4 grps so far, only 1 fg which i created from FH and a coupld of random ones using /who <level> pming people if they want to.
So if you dont have a buffbot i wouldnt come back

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Which is bloody stupid, of course, as now a level 20 character grouped with a level 50 leader can hit things the level 50 can. Sure, some level 20's can't contribute much (Damage still capped), but others can. Plus of course, there will be more people levelling artifacts in groups now, since 1.71.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom