Is it this patch that stops Chain Mezzing etc

K

Kerram Darktyde

Because it did not feel like there was a retimer at all if it was this Patch..

Got Chain mezzed/rooted/stunned last night

and everytime i got free which was less than 1 min (the timer time i thought) I would get re Stunned/mezzed/rooted... about 3mins it took me to crawl out of range... and the Minstel spam noise was constant and i only saw one Minstrel and one sorc.

Got away though only to through my ickle Kobold body at the nearest L50 Tincan.. he died(i had help :) ) but his 3 mates and the 2 Uber Relic knights decided it was sleepy time for Aerran.

K

klavrynd

Most mezzes/roots take a long time and the timer starts when the spell resolves on you. So this gives you about 10ish seconds to happily walk around before you're being immobilised again.

Allso take into account that spells on different timers do not fall under this rule so a healer's instamezz can be chained with the casted one

P

- Pathfinder -

Chain mez etc vanished after 1.36 - due to people being fed up being overrun by Stungard. That doesn't change the fact that mez/stun/root are on different timers.

K

Kerram Darktyde

Well the Mezz was getting broken but keep archers shooting me yet the mezz seemed to retake instantly..

last time i checked archers fire faster than once a min :)

S

Solid

Sorceror Mezz is diff from Minstrel Mezz, so much so that both stack and so as soon as you come out of a sorc mez, a minstrel can happily remezz you instantly :)

[Edit] When I said they stack I do NOT mean the timers add together of double mezzed :D]

K

Kerram Darktyde

That would make sense and at same time is pants :)

A mezz is a mezz should not matter who casts it ..

G

Glema

Is it still possible to chain paralyze? I seem to remember reading they hadnt put this on a timer yet :-/

S

Sarnat

No, you can't chain stun except with some pets I think (fenrir prophets). But I'm quite sure all player cast CC has 1 minute immunity.

W

-Wedge-

Well minstrel mezz is on the same timer as sorcs mezz...

All mezzes are on the same timer (ae + single target + minstrel), all roots are on the same timer (ae + single target) and all stuns are on the same timer (ae + single target + and I think even shield)...

The only ones that are NOT on a timer are when they are casted by pets (Theurgist Air pets, some charmable pets), they have no timer... Thats why most hate air pets even more then their mother in law ;) (this is at least true for stun, dont know about mezz / root, never saw them as pets before)

At least this is how I think it works... (e.g. 3 categories, mezz, root, stun)

I think, but not 100% sure on this, that its even cross realm (e.g. if I get mezzed by a healer, then a bard cant re-mezz me within the timer)...

F

Flimgoblin

There are different timers... it's not just mezz/root/stun... but not quite sure which ones fall into it :)

But if someone has been mezzed... it's likely you won't be able to emzz em again for a minute. (of course you can root them instead...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom