is it really worth it?

i remember some of the shit we put up with in daoc... and now coming to wow the same oO? well not so much the same... unbalanced shamans... unbalanced paladins..... under guarded city... over guarded city... instant spells of dooooom.... stupid 4:1 ratio alliance/horde... hello again Albs vs mids... lol is this really worth the £8 a month i pay for it? if i wanted all that i should have just kept playing daoc :p

its just the same in every game lol... you get all the wannabe l337ists joining the over powered realm/race and all the casual normal people going to horde

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I have no idea what you're talking about. Unbalanced paladins? Hardcore alliance? Sounds like you just want to whine about something. Paladins? Are you serious?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Paladin is unbalanced in that they suuuuuuuuuuuck to the extreme!

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
according to your sig your a
" Over Powered Druid @ WoW"

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
just leave then problem solved

i did playing Guild Wars atm

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
can always just ran away from a pala if you suck too much to kill it

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
well he said alliance is overpowered/played by powergamers before he edited it so I assumed he was complaining about paladins being over powered, but underpowered would make more sense, I guess.

wow actually feels more balanced than daoc did at this stage (2 realms instead of 2 makes that pretty easy), the big problem I have is there is no POINT atm. And battlegrounds look like a pile of crap. And the fact that I am ranked against my faction instead of being ranked over the server or something.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Dany I know why you are on another server now.

Succi said:
can always just ran away from a pala if you suck too much to kill it

don't be daft lol i maul paladins ;o fair few classes that still have alot of problems with them tho

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
GrisomWarshadow said:
i remember some of the shit we put up with in daoc... and now coming to wow the same oO? well not so much the same... unbalanced shamans... unbalanced paladins..... under guarded city... over guarded city... instant spells of dooooom.... stupid 4:1 ratio alliance/horde... hello again Albs vs mids... lol is this really worth the £8 a month i pay for it? if i wanted all that i should have just kept playing daoc :p

its just the same in every game lol... you get all the wannabe l337ists joining the over powered realm/race and all the casual normal people going to horde

Same shit, different game....has to be really as its basically the same players.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with Asha - the only thing missing atm is an aim. I'm not sure BG will solve it. As for the honour system - it has serious issues (and yes some pluses) for casual players. Yes, I can guarantee that the whole world won't be crowded with RR11 players in 12 months; however, after 2 years playing the average player is only ever gonna be Sergeant....not much to aim for really.

Would prefer something tangible - a moving 'front'. Not relics per se but something that remains week in week out - somthing worth fighting for other than a stupid ladder system that a) reminds me of wet afternoons trying to break into the top 10 of the local arcade's Donkey Kong, and b) Has no future in it or anyone other than hardcore.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
oh and the lack of server boards, guild ranking, and player ranking is pissing me off too

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
The Battlegrounds will add a goal to fight for, as you can "capture" the enemies' bases and such. I'm still just leveling up, but I can see why level 60's get tired of the game, not much fun doing the ping-pong run from Southshore to Tarren Mill

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
It's the same every MMORPG that gets released.

People rush to the lvl cap asap because they believe some mythical land of great gaming experience will be there.
What they don't seem to learn is that every newly released MMORPG a) has little endgame content at release and b) what is there hasn't been properly tested yet.

Frustration ensues. Then they move to the next MMORPG and experience it all over again.

DAoC had no endgame PvE content at release, but some unbalanced PvP content. WoW seems to be the opposite.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Asha said:
wow actually feels more balanced than daoc did at this stage (2 realms instead of 2 makes that pretty easy)

Actually, it's easy because all classes but two can be used by either faction.

Asha said:
the big problem I have is there is no POINT atm.

This is what I don't like about modern MMORPG players and developers. Always looking for some kinda aim or goal. Anyone who played UO back in the day knows, the fun in PVP should be the PVP. Not the stupid rewards you get. Not watching your ranking go up and up. If you dont have fun doing it, why bother? If you do have fun, stop complaining.

!

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Im loving wow at 60.

raiding is so much fun.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Why are you looking for an "aim" in a game? Games are played for fun, and fun alone. If you don't find it fun please stop whining and go play something else. Aims and goals are for the important stuff -- real life.

They are played for fun indeed.. however every game still needs an aim regardless otherwise there is just no point in playing them as eventually the fun will die out and the players will pack bags and move to the next online game... don't get me wrong... WoW is fun.. but doing the same things over and over will just get very boring very quickly..... always needs to be an aim - as for real life i try keep that seperate from gaming... games still need an aim :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Going for the same AIMS over and over would get equally boring, no?

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
however every game still needs an aim regardless otherwise there is just no point in playing them

Big misconception.

Like ST very correctly remarkes no MMORPG is so devoid of "aim" and lacking an end-game in the typical sense (territorial PvP, PvE raids, such stuff) as UO.

However none of the older MMORPGs has such a good rentention rate as UO, heck it probably has more subscribers now again then DAoC which is only half as old.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
This is what I don't like about modern MMORPG players and developers. Always looking for some kinda aim or goal. Anyone who played UO back in the day knows, the fun in PVP should be the PVP. Not the stupid rewards you get. Not watching your ranking go up and up. If you dont have fun doing it, why bother? If you do have fun, stop complaining.

!

dunno aim for me is possess a castle ^^ or have a long term effect on the game. In daoc the castle possesion sucked mostly.
other aim is ranking
biggest aim is group vs group pvp.... which is impossible in wow atm
don't care if you don't like it, I do.

And yes all classes but two are the same but the races do make a difference or they used to before lame-o honour trinkets.

Every game has an aim. Name one that doesnt.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Asha said:
Every game has an aim. Name one that doesnt.

The aim of a game is to have fun, which is what makes the 1337 types and their approach to games so hugely amusing. They don't understand what a game is, but they spend all their time in them!

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
The aim of a game is to have fun, which is what makes the 1337 types and their approach to games so hugely amusing. They don't understand what a game is, but they spend all their time in them!

they spend all their time in them having FUN... duh :)

Abel said:
Big misconception.

Like ST very correctly remarkes no MMORPG is so devoid of "aim" and lacking an end-game in the typical sense (territorial PvP, PvE raids, such stuff) as UO.

However none of the older MMORPGs has such a good rentention rate as UO, heck it probably has more subscribers now again then DAoC which is only half as old.

End of the day.... constantly defending territory gets boring... and i'm not a big pvp buff and i dont crave l337 contrib points etc.. infact i actually play on an RP server aswell as PVP and to be honest RP server is alot more fun than PVP :p cause you dont get all these little cs kiddies running around saying "omg you noob" every 5 minutes... all adults that actually respect other players rather than put them down... i still think there should be an aim to it... so you get highest rank you can obtain.. then what? go around flashing your stuff off to people as they bow before you? go slay some more alliance.. having no other goals left? i'd quite happily pay my £8 month to RP as its fun :p but even then i get bored.... and on a final note.... most games probably have more subscribers than daoc lol :p its a big bag of cack

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
The aim will be winning the battles in the battlegrounds I guess...But the fast levelers just got too high before it was implented, this might cause some of them to leave, but I don't think Wow cares that much about the individuals, like Daoc had to. I think blizzard cares about keeping their main customer base for a long time instead of hurriedly adding new stuff that people can play with.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Abel said:

Amazingly, its VERY CLOSE!

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart2.html

(WoW isnt on this particular chart because its somewhere at the dizzy heights of 1.5 million)

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Amazingly, its VERY CLOSE!

1) EQ recently closed no less then 20 servers or 1/3 of it's total server count (under the euphimism of "merge") so I don't know how well that number reflects actual active population. SirBruce gives a hint regarding those bloated figures :

It is important to note that these latter two data point represent not just total monthly subscribers, but also subscribers with active accounts on free time, game time cards, etc.

2) DAoC lost almost as much as UO and is only halfas old. AC lost even much more.

So yes, UOs retention rate is better then the other "older" MMORPGs ...

Calo

Part of the furniture
GrisomWarshadow said:

lol thats the biggest joke ever, its not on every server that alliance are 4:1 and its totally not on every server that all the cool normal ppl are on horde..
I hope ppl like u won't join my server tbh...

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
I wish some of the underage population on stormscale/horde would just vanish ;|

*ps, esp swe

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Same as daoc all the fools will farm to gain Real life respect Points everyone else will play to enjoy themselves as I do do and a few others who replied on this thread :)

As Turamber said so eloquently real life is for achievments games are for having fun, if you have those priorities mixed up then you need some help and you need to get out more really badly before you screw up your life. Saying your rr11 on a CV won't get you a job or a girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom