Is it really so hard...?

B

bracken_woodman

If you're in emain, or even Odin's and you hear someone saying they are looking for a group, is it really so hard, if you are full or fine as you are, to say so? I don't know whether it's arrogance, rudeness or just ignorance but its get's old the number of times I see requests for groups met with plain silence. Sure, sometimes if there is alot of spam going requests can be missed, but I see it when there are only a handful of people around. It's only a small thing, but can really make a difference to how people feel about belonging to a realm. Having said that, it doesn't surprise me as the level of arrogance in our realm, particularly amongst high level chars, seems to grow greater by the day :(

I

ironheart

LO MATY

i understand ur point mate. but mostly groups that arrived in emain are to bussy chatting to eachother about what they will do, that they don't see the main chat page.
I think the best sollution for this would be when ur in our realmside to try to find zeven other ppl interested in going berserk in RVR then head to CS and port, so u'll have ur party.
Just a suggestion. Don't want to say anything with it maty.
It's allways possible to find some more over at the port side b4 u leave.

O

old.Astrix

Some even have guild chats, a CG running and party chats... so don't expect much chatting in main window...

B

bracken_woodman

I understand that, but I, along with other guild members, will always try and drop some kind of response in if we see a request. It really isn't hard to do, and does make a difference ;) The post is really aimed at those who can't be arsed to just take a minute, stand in the shoes of those who are in the enemy realm on their own, and just give somekind of response. Even a "We don't want your sort in our group thankyouverymuch" is preferable to silence :)

O

old.FIN

well usually if peeps r looking group, i say it at group chat , and sent a pm to that guy looking a group, if i know the guy, if i dont know, and im not at top , i dont say a word, not my job , groups top makes invites, no1 else, i say it though at group chat.

And that BS that u cant c the chats, well i c on every chat all the others chat, so thats only arrage question.

And i dont understand either those peeps whos chat is like 3 lines, move the chat and make it different size , so u can c about 25-40 lines, then make it so u can c trough it also, u got no probs reading and answering to 5 diff chats, including PM's

and the reading part is more important than the answering, if u r busy, u r busy.

K

K0nah

if u say "lfg!" and get silence its safe to assume they are full or fine, in xp its ignorance this is rvr tho. start worrying when they tell u to fk off :)

really, noones got the time to answer "no sorry were fine!" or "sorry were full m8 :/" to every passing "lfg!"er just to save thier fragile feelings. Between guild-chat, chat-group, private sends and group-chat any outsider has a job getting a word in sideways.

K

Khalen

Dude come defend frontier. Emain sucks bad these days and is all about stealthers/zergs (and damn boring). We had loads of fun yesterday by again killing mids in the lord room (apparently Mids are just as dum as we are by zerging lord room ;))

Oh Woody nice seeying yah there in Odin (Bledmeer) and at Berkstead later :) Was fun

S

Sibanac

really, noones got the time to answer "no sorry were fine!" or "sorry were full m8 :/" to every passing "lfg!"er just to save thier fragile feelings. Between guild-chat, chat-group, private sends and group-chat any outsider has a job getting a word in sideways. [/B]

<rant>
PPL who cant even make the time to do a /say full, are truly a verry sad gits IMHO.

I make it a point to always try to reply, sometimes i do forget,
or by the time i get to it they are gone ,but atleast i try.
</rant>

G

g0ldenbone

Yep, I agree sib..

Its not much effort to take the 2 seconds to say 'sorry were full mate' to anyone asking. In fact it doesnt take much time to ask your group if anyone plans on leaving soon and relaying that too.

Its just fairly basic courtesy really

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by old.FIN
/macro FULL /y FUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLL =)

There ya go Fin, you have , in your own unique style, answered the original question, which is that it really ain't that hard is it? :clap:

One thing though, you might want to change it to /say FUUUUULLLLLLLL, or perhaps even /whisper... :D

O

old.FIN

Bracken =)

yeah, but prob is im using 6 QB's at the moment with pally in action, and 2 when crafting, so my QB is full, waiting QB to come 10 instead of 8 =)

got main chants all those 5, thats why it takes so much QB's

1. 2h styles + chants
2. sprint , af, enter/exit + chants
3. resist chants + chants
4. ram control + chants
5. more 2h styles , 1h styles+chants
6. prot/intercept + chants

T

Tleilax

try sending pms to ppl instead :) usally works better, atleast u get a repsonce (most of the times)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by old.FIN
Bracken =)

yeah, but prob is im using 6 QB's at the moment with pally in action, and 2 when crafting, so my QB is full, waiting QB to come 10 instead of 8 =)

got main chants all those 5, thats why it takes so much QB's

1. 2h styles + chants
2. sprint , af, enter/exit + chants
3. resist chants + chants
4. ram control + chants
5. more 2h styles , 1h styles+chants
6. prot/intercept + chants

Fin old boy, it was a joke in response to your /macro post ;)

Its actually amazingly easy just to type "/say sorry full :( "
seeing as most requests happen at apk. I just dont buy that everyones too damn busy just to let someone know you heard them. As I said before, our guild always try and drop some kind of reply in to lfg requests. Guess its a matter of opinion though, and main point was to get people thinking of their realmmates a little more, and to show a little courtesy - we need more of it in Albion :)

S

stupidshady

maybe best to do an msg to a person ya would like to be in the grp with, most of the times that works....

H

hotrat

We had loads of fun yesterday by again killing mids in the lord room (apparently Mids are just as dum as we are by zerging lord room )

Lord rooms are a bitch to attack :)

Best way i have found is to run STRAIGHT past the lord room up to the top, some mids might see you and come out, but even if they dont u have a nice advantage attacking from the stairs, rather than attacking from right in front of the room.

If you can get a sorc to target the lord from this slight vantage point, that lord aint moving out of sight so all u gotta do is QC mezz and hope u don't get mezzed//stunned first.
Also a few albs can stay at the bottom so if mids come out to take the albs up in the stairs the one's below and to the right can attack mids from the side.

O

old.FIN

Bracken

i know it was j/k

and i asnwered it also =) no rom for my /macro Fyll /y FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom