Is it just me...

Cozak

Part of the furniture
..or is Halloween going downhill? I swear, grandad mode inc, when I were a lad loads and loads of people used to go trick or treating. Im now living im halls of residence but I gave the folks back home a bell and they said they had 4 groups of people come trick or treating, and only 2 of the 4 were actually dressed up the rest were random charvas hoping for freebies. My estate used to be pretty busy with trick or treaters 10-12 years ago. Is it me or is halloween losing its appeal?
Is it the appeal it is losing or is it something else? I dont know if its ''growing up'', as I dont see myself growing up, even though I guess I should be, or is halloween dropping off in popularity?
I understand it is still big in the states, but over here in Blighty, it just dosnt seem what it used to be. Perhaps it is just my area, I dont know, but there is only one way to find out. The good people of FHoT, I ask you, is halloween fading away?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i had quite a few younguns trick or treating. i found it hillarious to see a bunch of little kids, dressed in costumes, singing their hearts out for a few sweets. actually made me feel trully happy lol. for the adults amongst us, its gotten bigger imo. went out into town toninght and everyone was dressed up. even did a little flirting with a vampire lady who was peeking out her cloak at me and doing some crazy moves.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Nottingham was packed with people dressed up tonight, shame some prick in my halls had to spoil it by spraying Fake Blood and Washing up liquad all around my floor and then break four of the five celling lights.

Spoilt my Full Moon singing session too :(

Cozak

Part of the furniture
I have to agree there, here in Leeds also I have never seen so many people in one place dressed up, there is a club here called Halo which is set in an old church.. perfect venue for a halloween party was a really nice night out. But amongst the youngsters I still reckon its dieing out.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Which halls you in btw?

I was in James Baillie (now demolished thank God!) and we just had a bunch of chavs camping outside practically barricading everyone in their flats one halloween.

We ended up emptying buckets of freezing cold water over them in the end :D

/happy days ;)

Keitan

Banned
i had a wicked time! decided not to go t or t but me and bro both got supersoakers out and camped in trees all night long ;) got loads of chavs! all there dads came up in the end tho :S decided to get them wet tho :) Ohh the temptation!

Gamah

Banned
I played poker with some old men in the back of a local pub :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Personally I fucking hate trick or treaters (unless they're little kids with their parents with them). Basically unless you give em something they'll smash your car window, or throw paint at your house, or something.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
All i got for trick-or-treaters last night was ONE group of 15-17 year olds, tried to tell me they we're 10, so i kindly informed them to bugger off.

was a shame, we got loads of little sweets in and everything, but no actual kids came round at all.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
was sutch a bad weather so no kids were around, ended up with me eating all the candy :p

Tilda

haha, we turned off the lights on the front of our house and hid in the sitting room. It looked like we wern't in, so we just ignored the knocks on the door :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
I played poker with some old men in the back of a local pub :(

You mean you got poked by old men in the back of a pub? :(

tris-

Tilda said:
haha, we turned off the lights on the front of our house and hid in the sitting room. It looked like we wern't in, so we just ignored the knocks on the door :D

sounds like quite an evening indeed!

:eek6:

cog

Can't get enough of FH
We went to mates house at about 10, from day til 10 we had noone at our house, from 10-1ish noone came to theirs, although we live in studenty areas :p What halls you in Mey? We were in broadgate first year, and we had to deal with chavs all halloween then :(

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
People just recently started to celebrate Hallowen in sweden, and I realy do hope they will stop soon again, if some kid ever were to come and say trick or treat I would tell them to fuck off and kick there ass if they tried to pull some trick.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Naetha said:
Which halls you in btw?

I was in James Baillie (now demolished thank God!) and we just had a bunch of chavs camping outside practically barricading everyone in their flats one halloween.

We ended up emptying buckets of freezing cold water over them in the end :D

/happy days ;)

Im in Mary Morris International Halls, its in Headingley just beside the Original Oak :)

Heta said:
People just recently started to celebrate Hallowen in sweden, and I realy do hope they will stop soon again, if some kid ever were to come and say trick or treat I would tell them to fuck off and kick there ass if they tried to pull some trick.

Lots of countries seem to be 'adopting' halloween, guy lives across the corridor from me is from France and he said that they are just starting to get into it as well.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
aye it's going down hill, but s'pose most things in UK are xD

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Halloween is a load of shite anyway. It's just an excuse to get really fucked out of your brain and prance around pretending to be dracula.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
We gave away our very old candy which has been laying in our kitchen for like 2-3 years. I do not approve of halloween tbh. It should have stayed in the US :<

tris-

its only good for the really young kids imo. gives em an excuse to dress up and eat sweets.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
In the space of half an hour had about 8 different sets of kids all acompanied by an adult (except for my neigbours kids) it slowed down after the initial rush (thank god) and in all I'd guess we had around 13ish trick or treaters knocking on our door.

so certainly fairly popular around here :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
We don't have halloween in Denmark :(

If you're lucky u can spot a pumpkin here and there at a doorstep..

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol halloween started here afaik it was a pagan festival of the new year bloody americains claiming another brit tradition.

trick or treating isnt safe these days tbh people shouldnt let their kids go out knocking on strangers doors after dark and take sweets from them its soo dangerous, fair enough if its a friends or family members house but imo they should just have private parties for kids to keep them safe.

Marc

FH is my second home
Heaps of the little bastards knocked at our door. As said, dont mind the kids who make an effort and dress up, i give them a few quid each, but what pisses me off are the chavs who turn up in a spar 59p mask. I gave them some marks and spencers chocolates that we still had from xmas 2004.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I went out for dinner last night, to the Metro Centre was loads of women dressed up as devils and stuff was sexy as hell.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'd love to open the door to trick or treaters covered in gore with a hockey mask and waving a bloody chainsaw

Nate

FH is my second home
maybe it's down to the lazyness of the parents about now, they either just can't be bothered and give em some sweets instead, or think it's too dangerous with all the chavs running around..first thing i saw on tv when i got back home from work this morning was gmtv about hooligans egging peoples houses

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom