Is it just me or do the NPC's hide from me all the time.

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone else find that when you zone into and area or drop in from a gryphon you have to wait for the NPCS to appear? I'm thinking its my graphics card or something. It was top of the range last summer which probably means its now obsolete but my system spec is far above the minimum reqs. Its just annoying when sometimes you are looking for an NPC to be somewhere and when you flash the camera round and they arn't there!! thats when you move on from that particular quest and go do something else. This happens to me all the time. Watching the graphics load in front of my eyes. Its bearable but not ideal. It is however 100% better than having loading screens every 2 minutes. Also it would be nice if the minimap could keep refreshing when you ride a gryphon.

If anyone else is having these problems then please say. If it really is my computer spec then i shall have to live with it i suppose.

Starman

Part of the furniture
No its just the game engine "catching up". I wouldn't worry it happens on all systems its just the game trying to give you a constance framerate during flight.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Happens to everyone afaik, at least the people ive talked to. Doesnt happen all the time, but often in buisy zones like crossroads and ogrimmar etc. You can either wait a alil (up to a min or so) for the game to catch up, or do a fast relog, whichever is faster for you.

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
Only time i get NPC's not appearing is if i use far-sight or swap between a sentry totem thats quite far away. But afaik thats 'working as intended'

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
It happens to me but its not that noticeable, maybe a new GFX would help, but then so might a faster cpu and more ram

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Happens to me but only during peak hours. Quick fix it a quick relog to char selection, takes about 30 sec. Rather than waiting for them to reappear.

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
I actually think it's not a graphics issue, but a connection issue. When you arrive there, the server is still busy sending your client all the information about the NPCs and PCs in that area. Especially in busy areas this can take a while, because it's quite a lot of data.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Yep its not a gfx issue, its a serverload issue.

Syri

FH is my second home
only time i've ever had that was before i upgraded my ram from 512mb to 1gb. since then, can't say i've ever noticed that happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom