Is it just me or are sorcs doing too much dmg?

Chilly

Balls of steel
My sorc, thank the gods, has just been given a new lvl 50 baseline body lifetap as per the patch notes. I was sauntering around odins and various othe rplaces this morning with a lvl 50, 50ice nearly R6 ice wiz. I was outdamaging him with my baseline lifetap by 5% or so. i dont have mom or any other RAs that affect my damage apart from Aug auity III for moc, which the ice wiz has too.

Im certainly not complainng but just a tad curious, is this what myhtic intended? or is it just a side effect that a sorc (40body 36mind) can out damage The damage dealing class of albion on ranged singel DDs, AND have a lifetap to boot.

Anyone read anythign anywhere? Does the LT get neerfed in teh future or something?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Peh...sorcs have always been better than wizards in the damage area apart from PBAOE. :p

If people still have wizards they should delete them and re-roll sorcs. :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
only if they specced lvl 50 body 'Foo, my spec 40b/36m is prety much a support spec, its rather incedental i happen to out nuke an Ice wiz.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
what were your and his Int?
were you looking at pre- or post-resist damages?

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
When not pbae'ing, Ice wizards tend to either use their 50th baseline nuke (179DD) or their snare nuke (179 DD 35%) This is why you are getting similar damages. Run with a fire wizard and you will see your damage being beaten every time ;)

OFC the pbae alone is worth its weight in gold and its no wonder that ice isnt given a spec nuke of 209/219.

Chilly

Balls of steel
int was the same to within 5 or 6 pts, we were both on neuter mobs and mids. i won both times

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I'm the same spec and I still outdamage my ice wiz unless I'm standing on someone's head and PBAOEing him to bits. :)

...course, could just be that my wizzie sucks! :D

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
int was the same to within 5 or 6 pts, we were both on neuter mobs and mids. i won both times
anyway... if resists are identical for both ice and body, the ice wiz with 10pts higher should hit about 5% harder with his nukes than you. If your int was 5/6pts higher that would bring it closer.

Ofc, your lifetap is 2.5s cast, his DDs 2.6/3.0 so that puts it even more in your favour.

And if he opens with the debuff-DD he'll out-damage you with follow-ups.

Chilly

Balls of steel
aye tru that pin. fair dos, was just curious as to how oter ppls experiences were

Chilly

Balls of steel
Fedaykin said:
Sorcs own
thats tru fed, just today iv twice had very funny encounters with lowbie mids/hibs. killed 4 out of 5 r1-2 mids in HW then later on 3 hibs jumped me and i killed 2 of them. Both times had moc, the new lifetap really is quality - before i just didnt have the juice to do it!

gritzy

Fledgling Freddie
got a 45 body/29 mind sorc, best solo caster spec ive ever played, sorcerers gotta be 1 of the best solo casters around, cant fault them. the new lifedrain is greatly improved capping 570 with 60% drain is sweet, that and moc and ur indistructable, that and a nice 45 body nuke which hits for a 666 cap v nice dmg and so much flexibility with the char. :twak:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the level 50 mage lifetap has the same delve as the baseline ice nuke and it lifetaps...

it's on the same progression as the forester (VW/Animist one) and not the same as the old mage lifetaps...

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Certainly doing alot more damage before (am mostly outnuking the necro I been duoing with, waiting for my Spirit Cabby partner to come home tonight so we can really have some fun with it :)) and omg at the combination of fullybuffed, WP2 and MoC :)

Did have one very odd thing occur, after a str/con debuff on a shredder last night I was nuking orange con for cap? Seems a bit odd but didn't get into a situation where I could properly test it. (Aoe str/com around shredders generally not to be recommended :))

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
It takes 4 hibbie casters to do everything a sorc can do in 1 package

Mentalist for dots, pets, MR, ST mez, demezz (if 28 mind spec, yeah right!)
Eld for debuffs, snare nuke
VW/Ani for lifetaps, AE root, ST root
Bard for ST/AE mezz, amnesia, confuse, demezz

sorcs had a few too many boosts (even when they didnt need it, or ask for it) compared to the rest imo :p

PS. On camlann I am a sorc, (If I werent a die hard hibbie also, I would be a sorc), what can I say, Im a sucker for utility :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
PJS said:

sorcs had a few too many boosts (even when they didnt need it, or ask for it) compared to the rest imo :p

And 3 out of the 4 get a stun which most Sorcs would happily give up the new lifetap for :) (I won't even go into the instants.....)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
funny, in the det age Id happily trade my stun for a 70 sec root on my casters
waaaay more useful in pve too

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
PJS said:
funny, in the det age Id happily trade my stun for a 70 sec root on my casters
waaaay more useful in pve too

That's cos you don't fight Hibs :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
PJS said:

PS. On camlann I am a sorc, (If I werent a die hard hibbie also, I would be a sorc), what can I say, Im a sucker for utility :)

this is the 3.0 spec sorc yeah? :)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
this is the 3.0 spec sorc yeah? :)
You know what I mean, even body/mind sorc has a baseline dot and has basically everything on that list.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
gritzy said:
the new lifedrain is greatly improved capping 570 with 60% drain is sweet, that and moc and ur indistructable,

unless u acually stumble across a supp BD that ALSO have moc (wont happen but anyway).. :p

insta LT + baseline DD + body debuff :) think u die along time before he does even if u mezz the pets :p

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
unless u acually stumble across a supp BD that ALSO have moc (wont happen but anyway).. :p

insta LT + baseline DD + body debuff :) think u die along time before he does even if u mezz the pets :p
BD dont have enough drain to survive that much dmg.
As BD drain once every 4 sek and sorc does constant castig...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
PJS said:
You know what I mean, even body/mind sorc has a baseline dot and has basically everything on that list.

won't have the snare/nuke...

I'll not bother to list all the other utility on those classes that the sorc doesn't get ;)

hey lets take the enchanter:

an enchanter is a cabalist for the focus shield and the self-debuffing, wizard for the pbaoe, damage add and aoe nukes and a cleric for the stun...

a bard is a cleric a theurgist, a minstrel, a paladin and all rolled into one...

I could go on, but I'm just pointing out these sorts of comparisons are a bit stupid ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Korax said:
BD dont have enough drain to survive that much dmg.
As BD drain once every 4 sek and sorc does constant castig...

sorc probably needs RP too - it's a baseline lifetap ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
sorc probably needs RP too - it's a baseline lifetap ;)

Don't tell the other realms but a necro transferring power and you can nuke all day long :)

gritzy

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

BDs are nothing to a sorc with moc up, even with it not up uve got a good chance to kill when u aoe mezz pets

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
nice that 2 alb casters have been upgraded i nthe dmg department, wish i had one. Now the so called best Pure dmg dealer of the whole game (wiz) now appears to be worse than util casters for dmg dealing.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>nice that 2 alb casters have been upgraded i nthe dmg department, wish i had one. Now the so called best Pure dmg dealer of the whole game (wiz) now appears to be worse than util casters for dmg dealing.

I`m the ice wizz chilly mentioned at the start.

I am horrified to see that a support class caster not fully specced into the damage line (I have 50+15 ice) not only outdamages me, but also gets life back...

The only thing i have that he doesn`t have or beat is EB and PBAOE... lol
Do i have to mention all the things a sorcs can and i can`t ?

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:
I am horrified to see that a support class caster not fully specced into the damage line (I have 50+15 ice) not only outdamages me, but also gets life back...
Well, he doesn't outdamage you (assuming you have the same quality gear and RAs)... And he only gets damage back if he's been hit.

Muylaetrix said:
The only thing i have that he doesn`t have or beat is EB and PBAOE... lol
And...
Snare nuke
Debuff nuke
AE Debuff nuke
Baseline bolt
GTAE (if second line is earth)
Damage shield (if second line is earth)

Muylaetrix said:
Do i have to mention all the things a sorcs can and i can`t ?
If you want to look like a crybaby, go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom