Is it cheating ?

O

oshikai

Is lag jumping to get your self into a position/place your not supposed to be in, to kill mobs, or members of an enemy realm, abuse ?

I know theres another thread about lag abuse but its full of hibs/mids/albs flaming each other for doing it & i cba to read it again to see if someone actually posted a definitive answer :)

Please try not to flame, a simple "yes", "no", or "if you have screenies send them to - sometime this year - i mean rightnow" would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

P

Puppetmistress

If you can get to a spot without lag-jumping (eg. 10000x times normal jumping) it aint cheating (common example: bridge pillars in Thidranki)

If you need to use lag-tricks (common example: DF stairs of enemy-realm, its impossible to climb up on a normal way) its cheating.

H

haarewin

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
If you need to use lag-tricks (common example: DF stairs of enemy-realm, its impossible to climb up on a normal way) its cheating.

have ss from someone doing this yesterday ... rightnowed

C

chronictank

i lagged and ended up inside atk with full hp before :p
wasnt a very pleasant experience.

got a screenie sumwhere

but i believe if sum1 opens th door and enuff people charge u can do that neway

U

Uberall

when we suicide on any pk, we always try to get in, sometimes just kill bb front of the gate, but once with my theurg I managed to run in the tower, up on the stairs about half way to the battlements, hpk was that, and 2 fg albs runned up, fortunately some hibs just opened the door :)

M

Melachi-

Heh I have my own question like this :)

Is it cheating to straffe around while also turning and moving backwards or forwards when the MA train is on you so the miss positionals, and hopefully just miss altogether. Or is it just considered lame. Or considered fine ? :)

O

oshikai

Originally posted by Melachi-

Is it cheating to straffe around while also turning and moving backwards or forwards when the MA train is on you so the miss positionals, and hopefully just miss altogether. Or is it just considered lame. Or considered fine ? :)

Would have thought thats ok, i do it anyway, cant say its ever helped me win a fight but does help me live a few secs longer :)

L

living

Originally posted by oshikai
Would have thought thats ok, i do it anyway, cant say its ever helped me win a fight but does help me live a few secs longer :)

Loads call me a bug abuser when i do it with my bonedancer, but strafing and moving is a part of the game and they made it that way so it cant be cheating, some find it lame others accept it as a part of the game. Slam will fix it :>

C

Cami

Moving around is not cheating - causing lag so people cant hit you is. Ofcourse :)

O

old.windforce

strafing is kinda lame, it causes lag and ppl miss.

there are other lagtricks who are really f*ck up targetting (drag window, walking in to ppl etc) and i consider them cheating.

no official word from GOA yet though

L

living

walking tru some1 is not cheating, if it was it wouldent be possible, its quite simple, use /face or get a better computer :>

P

Puppetmistress

I think its a lame/fine as end-regen + Mach 5 + Sprinting with a class who has Determination 5, Buffbot resists and Prevent Flight and access to SOS in his group.....

Anyhow, why would it be cheating to spin/turn/move/strafe in RvR ?

Tanks run through me to land backside-style all the time. Tanks strafe around to land side-positionals. Tanks do EXACTLY the same stuff you describe, so why is it not allowed for a support class to strafe?

N

naetha

Strafing is allowed imo - some people consider it lame as your attacker is more likely to miss positionals, but moving in that way is part of the game. Using lag to abuse this movement is not allowed.

M

Melachi-

sweet cause i used to do it all the time, was fun having a kobby warrior guard you too at same time :D

A

angelujo

Think it wasn't about strafing and others, it's in the game, no probs with it. The real problem is that an assist train can't hit someone because he/she can "run faster". Which is not running, (what my experience is) just jumpin further . Your even in combat when someone hits u and miss, so no speed then. This is what i consider cheating and kinda h8 it.. cheat in Quake if u want to (where u can't ruin some else's fun), but not in a MMORPG...

D

dwy

Originally posted by haarewin
have ss from someone doing this yesterday ... rightnowed

U can't say that some1 dragwindow, some people just lag.

example myself been accused of lagjump several times even tho i don't just normal lag.

Same with Pbuck greek netcafé etc :p

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by dwy

example myself been accused of lagjump several times even tho i don't just normal lag.
On my old computer i lagged alot but never up to places where i could not go otherwise. Lag jumping up on stuff is more than just lag its something you do intentional.

M

Melachi-

I was once jumping on svas pad, lagged and lost health to falling damage :D

H

haroat

if u strafe to gain an advantage its not cheating... i do it with my inf on exc all the time.. u gain an advantage by possibly making them miss... aslong as u time it correctly i consider it a skill to be able to time ure strafe so u dont run the risk of missing due to strafing in combat.. if u use a move with a anytime style backup then u might be able to get a side style off if u time it right.. its a skill not abusing.. if it was abusing then mythic wouldnt of included strafe in the game :p

A

Aoln

When your having a nice 1 on 1 its a bit lame when they constantly strafe so you can't hit them, so many people do it though

K

Kallio

I was once jumping on svas pad, lagged and lost health to falling damage :D

:D

Gonna report you!! :p

C

chamone

Originally posted by Aoln
When your having a nice 1 on 1 its a bit lame when they constantly strafe so you can't hit them, so many people do it though

seems pretty straight forward to me.. someone swings to hit you so you move. "stand still while I try to hit you" dont hear that very much in our local.

H

haarewin

Originally posted by dwy

Same with Pbuck greek netcafé etc :p

he was trying to lag jump up df steps...

B

bone_idle

A savage the other night was trying to get the rear postional stun on my animist the other night. I knew exactly what he was trying to do so i hit /face on him and he couldnt get the style out.

And i was still q/c on the target i was assisting on as well because i was being healed by healers and survived the fight. Couldnt figure out after why i had only 1 savage on me. :)

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by naetha
Strafing is allowed imo - some people consider it lame as your attacker is more likely to miss positionals, but moving in that way is part of the game. Using lag to abuse this movement is not allowed.

HEEHE aint that the idea with strafing , to make peopel miss positionals.. or should we when engaged just stand still and take a beating ??? If peopel think strafing is lame , maybe its there skills at the game thats lame instead , like a kid yelling at dodge ball because you move when he trows the ball at you .. kinda silly imho :clap:

But the peopel who create lag by window dragging and abusing other ingame functions in ways they were not ment for, should be punched in the nose.

One is tactics , the other is cheating..

G

Gabbe-

Originally posted by living
Loads call me a bug abuser when i do it with my bonedancer, but strafing and moving is a part of the game and they made it that way so it cant be cheating, some find it lame others accept it as a part of the game. Slam will fix it :>

The one that find it lame are newbies

Z

Zarmin

hoy

imho expecting, in a real battle, that your enemies stands still while u trying to kill em is a bit utopic, that's y strafing is allowed in game i believe.
JumperDragWindows abusers are another story... tho it's Mythic by development / GOA upgrading Hardware who gotta get rid of it not much to do imo atm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom